Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

10 Most Influential People Of All Time - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Most Influential People Of All Time (35370 Views)

Burna Boy Makes List Of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People 2024 / TIME Magazine Names Davido Among World Most Influential People In 2021 / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Honored As One Of 100 Most Influential People Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by esshman(m): 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
Haile Selassie should be somewhere in the top 3. Also, Nelson Mandela should be there.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Kylexy3000(m): 9:21am On Aug 16, 2018
Amberon1:
Jesus is God.

Really??
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Kylexy3000(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2018
nams77:

Read John. Chapter 1:1-4.
Also" And God said, let US make man in OUR own image..." Who do you think God was referring to? The holy Spirit and Jesus

Yes. he said that.. and to my own understanding i think Angels were there too. So technically now, Did Angels create humans??
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by nams77: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kylexy3000:

Yes. he said that.. and to my own understanding i think Angels were there too. So technically now, Did Angels create humans??
You should know angels has no role in creation. They are servants and were created so there is actually no input from them.
That they were present doesn't mean they played a role. Their work has been cut out for them as messengers/enforcers for the Almighty.
Read Genesis 1:2(making mention of the holy ghost) and then John 1
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Kylexy3000(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
nams77:

You should know angels has no role in creation. They are servants and were created so there is actually no input from them.
That they were present doesn't mean they played a role. Their work has been cut out for them as messengers/enforcers for the Almighty.
Genesis 1:2(making mention of the holy ghost) and then John 1

I got a question for you. What is Jesus' role and Holy Ghost' role in creation?
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by nams77: 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kylexy3000:

I got a question for you. What is Jesus' role and Holy Ghost' role in creation?
I'm not here to engage in some fruitless academic exercise with you. Have a nice day

There was no separation of duty. They were involved from start to finish
You still got another funny question to ask?
Don't think I have time for this baby talk.
Consult Google
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Kylexy3000(m): 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2018
nams77:

I'm not here to engage in some fruitless academic exercise with you. Have a nice day

There was no separation of duty. They were involved from start to finish
You still got another funny question to ask?
Don't think I have time for this baby talk.
Consult Google

I see.. No answer to that. hahahahahaha... Go and re-read again.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Lazyreporta(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kylexy3000:

John
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Lazyreporta(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kylexy3000:

John 1 read
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by nams77: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kylexy3000:

If you check my last response, you will see have answered you. But this will be my last response.
I won't dignify you with any response forthwith..This will suffice.
So long, young one.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by nams77: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
Lazyreporta:

John 1 read
Don't pay him any attention. They go by what their pastor tell them, not what the Bible says
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Lazyreporta(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2018
grin
nams77:

Don't pay him any attention. They go by what their pastor tell them, not what the Bible says
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Kylexy3000(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
Lazyreporta:

John 1 read

Well, in John 1, John is just talking about sin, forgiveness, the believe in Jesus and God. I can't pinpoint where he mentioned Jesus, Holy Ghost's role in creation. Mind you, am not saying they aren't present when the world was made tho.
But note: God created Jesus, Holy Ghost and The Angels.

In the Bible, we all know man was made from sand, God was the one who gave the dead sand breath of life.. God was the one mentioned in the creation of Animals, Water, etc.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Kylexy3000(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
nams77:

I wonder what your Bible says then.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Lazyreporta(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kylexy3000:

Well, in John 1, John is just talking about sin, forgiveness, the believe in Jesus and God. I can't pinpoint where he mentioned Jesus, Holy Ghost's role in creation. Mind you, am not saying they aren't present when the world was made tho.
But note: God created Jesus, Holy Ghost and The Angels.

In the Bible, we all know man was made from sand, God was the one who gave the dead sand breath of life.. God was the one mentioned in the creation of Animals, Water, etc.

I don't think you read John 1 sir.
Read it chapter carefully.

You will understand
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
4. Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer . He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination".

I am obsessed with this man.
The best and most popular Renaissance grand master as far as I am concerned.
Michelangelo Caravaggio and Rafael could not come close.
I wish I was born during the Renaissance period especially France or Italy.
That is a time in history I particularly love and I am always combing Wikipedia to learn more about the 14th and 15th century in Europe.
Leonardoooooo! kiss

cc Babacele and Explorers - you need to peep this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by kayelm87(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
4. Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer . He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination". Have you seen the da Vinci demon, that movie is awesome. Its all about Leonardo da vinci

That is a time in history I particularly love and I am always combing Wikipedia to learn more about the 14th and 15th century in Europe.
Leonardoooooo! kiss

Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by awoo47: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
.x
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Babacele: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
4. Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer . He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination".

Leonardoooooo! kiss

Mami....geeeee! just coming back to civilization since yesterday. hmmm, Da Vinci was an awesome mind. He was a great man and a fantastic mystic . He was a master which means he was a bit of everything. Long before the dawn of modern science and long before the birth of the Wilburs who later invented the aeroplane, Da Vinci had thought about the iron bird and in his alchemical mind had given form to the wonder on air which he sculpted for the then ignorant world to see. Mona Lisa,one of his greatest work, is more than an art: it holds a key to some secrets only known to a few.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Babacele:
Mami....geeeee! just coming back to civilization since yesterday. hmmm, Da Vinci was an awesome mind. He was a great man and a fantastic mystic . He was a master which means he was a bit of everything. Long before the dawn of modern science and long before the birth of the Wilburs who later invented the aeroplane, Da Vinci had thought about the iron bird and in his alchemical mind had given form to the wonder on air which he sculpted for the then ignorant world to see. Mona Lisa,one of his greatest work, is more than an art: it holds a key to some secrets only known to a few.

What happened my friend?
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Babacele: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

What happened my friend?
on the field busy-in the bush- with my farming adventures, oblivious of time and tides on our e-space ....I'm absolutely fine.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Babacele:
on the field busy-in the bush- with my farming adventures, oblivious of time and tides on our e-space ....I'm absolutely fine.

Cool!
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Babacele: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Cool!
Thanks. So you love Leonardo that much? Something runs through most of the great names above: their love for mysticism and its invaluable influence on their lives. Been thinking of the kind of schools or education we get here that hardly brings forth our creative energies .
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
Babacele:
Thanks. So you love Leonardo that much? Something runs through most of the great names above: their love for mysticism and its invaluable influence on their lives. Been thinking of the kind of schools or education we get here that hardly brings forth our creative energies .

I do love Leonardo!
He was a believer in mysticism and even the occult (to some degree).
You have to be if you dabble into so many variegated areas of nature, the arts and the human mind.
One of my most favorite classes in school then was Philosophy - taught by a reverend father but he made us open our minds to so many aspects of the universe, its energy, life! A lot of students didn't like nor understand the subject especially when it dabbled with aspects of religion and spirituality.
Me, I had FUN!
So to be honest, such topics may be banned in schools sef. E get some things Nigerian parents no dey gree hear especially now that everyone be "Pastor". cheesy
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Babacele: 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

I do love Leonardo!
He was a believer in mysticism and even the occult (to some degree).
You have to be if you dabble into so many variegated areas of nature, the arts and the human mind.
One of my most favorite classes in school then was Philosophy - taught by a reverend father but he made us open our minds to so many aspects of the universe, its energy, life! A lot of students didn't like nor understand the subject especially when it dabbled with aspects of religion and spirituality.
Me, I had FUN!
So to be honest, such topics may be banned in schools sef. E get some things Nigerian parents no dey gree hear especially now that everyone be "Pastor". cheesy

yea he was an occultist . I am lucky to have been natured and nurtured by a mystic and so can easily appreciate wide sympathies of human endeavours that have contributed to evolution and civilization. I have challenged many so called Pastors and have found out that most are hollow- many of who mix the meaning of occultism, cultism and campus gangsterism to be the same and deliberately mislead the public into ignorance . Many of these stupid pastors who havnt been able to bring forth an invention to advance humanity have been the greatest beneficiaries of occultism in form of science and technology ( microphone, internet, aircraft, well landscaped neighborhoods, television etc) . I think you may like Marie Correli's books.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
awoo47:
chai..
ur jesus in quran is different frm bible
jesus neva said anything abt shaving eating pigs shaking women...

This is simply because these are irrelevant, as everyone has different cultures and societal norms

All he was clamoring for was salvation and righteousness
ok
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
Babacele:
yea he was an occultist . I am lucky to have been natured and nurtured by a mystic and so can easily appreciate wide sympathies of human endeavours that have contributed to evolution and civilization. I have challenged many so called Pastors and have found out that most are hollow- many of who mix the meaning of occultism, cultism and campus gangsterism to be the same and deliberately mislead the public into ignorance . Many of these stupid pastors who havnt been able to bring forth an invention to advance humanity have been the greatest beneficiaries of occultism in form of science and technology ( microphone, internet, aircraft, well landscaped neighborhoods, television etc) . I think you may like Marie Correli's books.
Sorry for the late response.
You were nurtured at some point by a mystic? Oh wow!!! Can I have your life please! cheesy

I know Marie Correli - my elder sis was hung up on her some years back. Not a fan. When it comes to novels, I stick to horror/ marcabe, crime and international subterfuge kind of stories.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Babacele: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Sorry for the late response.
You were nurtured at some point by a mystic? Oh wow!!! Can I have your life please! cheesy

I know Marie Correli - my elder sis was hung up on her some years back. Not a fan. When it comes to novels, I stick to horror/ marcabe, crime and international subterfuge kind of stories.
lolz ,yes I was right from the start. Wao your elder sis must be deep to have been attracted to Coreli. Didn't you say you also like vampire stories too? Welcome ,I hope you had a great weekend ?
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Amberon1: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2018
Yup.
Kylexy3000:

Really??
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
Babacele:
lolz ,yes I was right from the start. Wao your elder sis must be deep to have been attracted to Coreli. Didn't you say you also like vampire stories too? Welcome ,I hope you had a great weekend ?

Since having kids, her outlook on life has changed greatly.
We need to discuss a bit more about this mystic upbringing part at some later time.
I am really interested. smiley
I LOATHE vampire anything! You must have me confused with someone else o.
When I first realized this was when I couldn't even finish one of those yucky Wesley Snipes vampire movies that was such a big deal when I was a teen. tongue
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by Babacele: 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Since having kids, her outlook on life has changed greatly.
We need to discuss a bit more about this mystic upbringing part at some later time.
I am really interested. smiley
I LOATHE vampire anything! You must have me confused with someone else o.
When I first realized this was when I couldn't even finish one of those yucky Wesley Snipes vampire movies that was such a big deal when I was a teen. tongue
I must have mistaken someone for you . The sight of sharp canine teeth dripping blood scare me and seem gory too.
Mysticism is just the secret or explanation for the mysteries behind any ideal or phenomenon in the universe. The knowledge therefrom is humbling and confers better , broad and informed horizon to your approaches to life. Be it science , philosophy, religion etc mysticism equips you richly to understand and handle them all.

Be my guest at your convenience and would be glad to exchange ideas and learn from you too.
Re: 10 Most Influential People Of All Time by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:47am On Aug 21, 2018
Babacele:
I must have mistaken someone for you . The sight of sharp canine teeth dripping blood scare me and seem gory too.
Mysticism is just the secret or explanation for the mysteries behind any ideal or phenomenon in the universe. The knowledge therefrom is humbling and confers better , broad and informed horizon to your approaches to life. Be it science , philosophy, religion etc mysticism equips you richly to understand and handle them all.

Be my guest at your convenience and would be glad to exchange ideas and learn from you too.

We have a deal my friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Isokoboy Blasts The Ghanaian Dwarf For Saying He's Richer Than Dangote / Marrying A Lady You Met As A Virgin Doesn’t Guarantee Peace”israel DMW Opens Up / Halima Abubakar Looking Sexy In Cleavage-baring Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.