Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso (12592 Views)

23-Year-Old US Lady Posed As 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl To Have Sex With Teen Boys / Hit-And-Run Driver Crushes Schoolgirl To Death In Ogun / I Killed, Buried Corporal To Avoid Returning His N120,000, Says Community Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by GisterBlogger: 4:22am On Aug 15, 2018
GistMore.com

A member of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Ikorodu branch, Rasheed Salau, who allegedly trafficked a schoolgirl to Burkina Faso, says he was paid N15,000.

The Sagamu, Ogun State indigene, claimed that he was not aware that the 14-year-old would be turned into a sex worker.

He explained that he sent her to work with his mother, who owned a beer parlour in the West African country.

PUNCH Metro had reported that the schoolgirl, Risikatu Uthman, was declared missing after she followed a boyfriend on an outing in June 2018.

Although the boyfriend, a motor boy, denied knowledge of her whereabouts, he was arrested and arraigned in court.

After about two months, Risikatu was brought home by a Good Samarithan, who found her in Cotonou, Benin Republic.

Risikatu had told our correspondent that as she was returning home, she was abducted by Rasheed, who claimed to be a policeman.

She alleged that together with eight other girls, they were trafficked to Burkina Faso, where they were forced into prostitution.

The 14-year-old said she was rescued by the police and taken to the Nigerian embassy, from where she found her way back to Nigeria.

Policemen attached to the Ikorodu area command subsequently arrested the suspect.

During a chat with PUNCH Metro at the state police command headquarters in Ikeja on Tuesday, Rasheed said he was a member of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, and a bricklayer.

He said, “I met her (Risikatu) at my friend’s place. I asked her why she left her parents’ house and she said her parents chased her away from home to look for work.

“I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she was not ready to return home. I showed her my grandmother’s shop and told her to see me later.

“She came the following day, but she did not meet me. Later, we met and I asked her what she wanted. She said she wanted to work.

“I asked if she could work at my grandma’s shop or in another country and she said she did not mind working outside the country. I told her that my mother ran a beer parlour in Burkina Faso and asked if she would assist her. She said there was no work she would not do. I did not force her. She was at my place for three days.”

When our correspondent asked how much his mother sent to him for the suspect, he said N15,000, adding that he used part of the money to buy clothes and shoes for Risikatu.

He denied that he abducted the victim with eight other young girls, saying the victim wanted to frame him for kidnapping.

Rasheed also said he did not know that his mother was into prostitution.

“She (Risikatu) was not held against her will. In fact, she followed my wife to her workplace and returned in the evening.

“She did not spend more than three days in Burkina Faso before the police arrested her because she left the place where she was working.

“I did not know that they were looking for her at home. I did not also know that her boyfriend was arrested over her disappearance,” he added.

The suspect’s father said he had been separated from the mother for over six years, adding that he was disgusted at the incident.

“I never knew about this incident until I was told that my son had been arrested and would be taken to court. I live in Agbado. His mother moved to Ikorodu and suddenly travelled to Burkina Faso. I don’t have her contact. After I waited for her for three years and did not see her, I remarried. I don’t know how he (Rasheed) got her phone number,” he said.

The grandma, who claimed to be a civil servant with the Lagos State Government, also said she last saw her daughter (Rasheed’s mother) five years ago.

Risikatu, while reacting to the suspect’s claim, insisted that she was trafficked along with other girls.

She identified a Yoruba girl among them as Aminat, adding that the others were indigenes of Delta and Edo states.

“He is lying. We were in his house and he locked us up,” she said.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, said the suspect would be arraigned at the end of investigation, adding that no stone would be left unturned.

BY GISTMORE :: http://gistmore.com/collected-15k-says-vigilante-trafficked-schoolgirl-burkina-faso

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Nwodosis(m): 4:25am On Aug 15, 2018
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Nwodosis(m): 4:43am On Aug 15, 2018
His grandmother is a civil servant in Lagos State! The granny will still be among those crying that there's no jobs for the youths.

4 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by dPriv: 4:53am On Aug 15, 2018
15,000 ?

Check signature for this LENOVO LAPTOP in ILORIN .
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:04am On Aug 15, 2018
Risikatu had told our correspondent that as she was returning home, she was abducted by Rasheed, who claimed to be a policeman.

That is an amount less than fifty dollars!
And you took someone's child away from them?
Animal!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by hisgrace090: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2018
Greedy boy, because of 15.000 naira you sold a fellow into slavery.

Your own time of slavery have come.

3 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by youngberry001(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2018
That's why i hate poverty sad

1 Like

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 15, 2018
14 years old girl with boy friend?? potential slay cow spotted.

3 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by emekejuniorp: 7:16am On Aug 15, 2018
so sad
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by mattonnairaland: 7:16am On Aug 15, 2018
He should rot in jail

BTW, the girl said it was a police, how's it now a vigilante

1 Like

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by bjayx: 7:18am On Aug 15, 2018
What a story!
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by mightguy(m): 7:18am On Aug 15, 2018
Yoruba. Yoruba yoruba. Y nah. This early morning

14 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by pawesome(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2018
15 tasand! Chai... Afonja

9 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by HotMario: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2018

2 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by kolafolabi(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Thank God you returned safely to Nigeria.. Start a new a life and go to school. The guy needs to be brought to book. Say no to Child Trafficking!

3 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by dayleke: 7:20am On Aug 15, 2018
And the story continues.....
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by donbachi(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2018
wankster sh*t
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Promismike(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2018
Ok
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Dablack1(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2018
poverty is a disease

1 Like

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by bishop4life(m): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2018
Don't know why I believed this Rasheed's story over the girl's . but come on , are they insisting this girl is 14?

1 Like

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Pascal181: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2018
These people should just stop destroying d good image of this country b4 other countries of d world. Today's my birthday so lemme leave it that nd proceed with d celebrations, friends join me

1 Like

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Nbote(m): 7:27am On Aug 15, 2018
D spate of Human trafficking these days is very alarming... If dis trafficker and his mother had both been from d east, dis thread would have gone to shit... Atleast she was rescued with the assistance of an Igbo person... Why isn't anyone acknowledging dat?

2 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2018
A 14 year old girl coming back late from her boyfriend’s house! Met a strange man who wanted to discuss something with her! She followed him home!

Amazing...I just think this girl hasn’t said the truth. At her age, she’s a child and very vulnerable but she knew and has experienced adult secrets more than lots of females a lot older than her.

Even at the alfa’s house, she was the first to go in for the oath taking...isn’t she very brave and ambitious?

She knew where she was going and what she was going to do there. I think she knew this man Rasheed or whatever his name was.

Her problem started because the green pasture she expected to graze on wasn’t so green after all. She was just handed condoms just like that without anyone trying to ascertain if she was a virgin and if she could do the job!

She even made close to N4500 on her second day. This little girl is a pro

5 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Ikenna0b: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2018
Of course na yoruba. Poverty just dey kill am but they come on here telling long story of how they are the richest and most successful tribe in Niggeria. Yet they keep doing the dumbest things for meager money. Skull mining, 419, and now slave trafficking in this day and age. For less than $50 pesin sold a human being. Chei yoruba, yoruba yoruba may God have mercy for una ooo

1 Like

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by dancewith: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2018
Although the boyfriend, a motor boy, denied knowledge of her whereabouts, he was arrested and arraigned in court.
[b][/b]

Imagine how many people are in jail for crimes they didn't commit. And the horror this innocent person would have passed through while under police arrest and interrogation

2 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by Etuagievin(m): 7:35am On Aug 15, 2018
bishop4life:
Don't know why I believed this Rasheed's story over the girl's . but come on , are they insisting this girl is 14?
. You reserve the right to believe or doubt anything.
Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by ceejay80s(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2018
afonjas trade mark.
dem wan go spoil our name for Burkina Faso, I tire for these species,
even the stupid girl at the age of 14 get liver to tell us say him get boyfriend, these people life style tire me

2 Likes

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by AngelicBeing: 7:41am On Aug 15, 2018
post=70286253:

That is an amount less than fifty dollars!
And you took someone's child away from them?
Animal!
He deserves 90 million of koboko laden with chilly pepper and 6years in jail with hard labor shocked

1 Like

Re: I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso by AfonjaSlaves(f): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2018
Rasheed Salau, yellowbar Muslim... nah Dem Dem

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Attempts Suicide Over N27m Debt In Rivers State / Deeper Life Pastor, Otamayomi Ogedengbe, Regains Freedom In Ondo / Anambra Police Arrest Car Snatchers With Bunch Of Master Keys,recover Vehicle(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.