Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Who Else Hates This Annoying Google Recaptcha? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who Else Hates This Annoying Google Recaptcha? (572 Views)

Who Else Finds These Bitcoin Website Developer Advert On Nairaland Annoying? / New Google Recaptcha V3 Intoduces Score Instead Of Challenge / Nairaland Is So Annoying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Hates This Annoying Google Recaptcha? by Silvermoney: 9:08am On Aug 15, 2018
This recaptcha thing is ridiculous. If it doesn't ask you to click on images with cars, it is images with store front, road, buses, street signs and so on. Most times even when you get it right, the thing disappears and asks you to start all over again. And then in the middle of it all, an error message would sometimes appear saying "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again."

The worst part is that so many websites are now using it for their login pages. I have even abandoned most websites that use it, including my Jumia affiliate page and productivity sites like simplenote.com that I previously used everyday. I simply can't stand this Google recaptcha because sometimes I waste more than 10 minutes trying to login to somewhere. It is annoying and I wonder why Google can't come up with anti spambot solutions that are easier, smarter and more user friendly.

Maybe we should start to boycott websites that use this rubbish.
Re: Who Else Hates This Annoying Google Recaptcha? by czarina(f): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2018
Silvermoney:
This recaptcha thing is ridiculous. If it doesn't ask you to click on images with cars, it is images with store front, road, buses, street signs and so on. Most times even when you get it right, the thing disappears and asks you to start all over again. And then in the middle of it all, an error message would sometimes appear saying "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again."

The worst part is that so many websites are now using it for their login pages. I have even abandoned most websites that use it, including my Jumia affiliate page and productivity sites like simplenote.com that I previously used everyday. I simply can't stand this Google recaptcha because sometimes I waste more than 10 minutes trying to login to somewhere. It is annoying and I wonder why Google can't come up with anti spambot solutions that are easier, smarter and more user friendly.

Maybe we should start to boycott websites that use this rubbish.
I HATE it within the whole of me. Had to completely abandon a keyword website when the silliness became unbearable.
Re: Who Else Hates This Annoying Google Recaptcha? by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 15, 2018
This is perhaps the dumbest thing Google ever did and they are now using it against competitors browsers, as it get worst verifying on Firefox or other alternative browsers.
Re: Who Else Hates This Annoying Google Recaptcha? by czarina(f): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2018
questechie:
This is perhaps the dumbest thing Google ever did and they are now using it against competitors browsers, as it get worst verifying on Firefox or other alternative browsers.
you're right, I have same issue on my Firefox. They frustrated the urgency out of me. If I just captcha, the enthusiasm just fizzles.
Re: Who Else Hates This Annoying Google Recaptcha? by czarina(f): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2018
questechie:
you're right, I have same issue on my Firefox. They frustrated the urgency out of me. If I just see captcha, the enthusiasm just fizzles.

(1) (Reply)

Which Bank Card Can I Use For Google Play Store And Facebook Ads / Updated To Wordpress 5.0? Learn How To Change To The Old Classic Editor / Facebook Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.