Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos (41243 Views)

Photo Of The 17-Year-Old Girl Who Stabbed Her Neighbour To Death In Kano / Temitayo Ogunbus Stabs Neighbour To Death Over Electricity Bill (Graphic Photos) / Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
A man who was falsely accused and imprisoned for "killing his neighbour" after taking her to the hospital, has regained his freedom after two years.  The man identified as Mr Chidiebere Onwumere, a native of Umuagbaghagha village in Osisioma local government area of Abia state, was jailed after being accused of killing his neighbour, late Uzochi Chinyere, who lived in same compound with him.

Narrating his ordeal to Abia Facts Newspaper after his release from Nigerian prisons in Afara, Umuahia on Tuesday, Mr Chidiebere who was full of praises to God for vindicating him after two years of suffering for a crime he knew nothing about, said it was in his bid to save a neighbour that caused him to suffer this injustice.

He said,  "I came back to where I was residing at Umujiji, Isiahia Osisioma around 6pm after 2 weeks in my village where I went to harvest and process palm fruits only to see my neighbour lying helpless and very weak and I decided to assist her to the hospital with the help of other neighbours since none of her blood relations was around".

"A pastor who resides within the neigbourhood took us with his car to a nearby hospital called Shiloh hospital where the doctor after examining him asked us to deposit 5000 naira to enable him conduct a text that will determine exactly what was wrong with her, I and some other neighbours contributed the money and made the deposit, when the result came out the doctor told us that she was on substance overdose and was knocked out by the illegal substance, he assured us that he will treat her and she will be well again".

"The next morning Mr Promise the elder brother to the deceased, arrived the hospital and insisted on taking her away to another hospital against the doctor’s advice, but he insisted and took her to an unknown destination".

"After a few days Promise came back to our compound and took me to World Bank police station Aba where he handed me over to the police claiming that I beat her sister to death".

"Despite pleas by neigbours and other relations of the deceased that my hands are clean and that there was a doctors report stating that their sister died of substance abuse, Promise insisted and filed a murder charge against me and I was arraigned on suit no. U/520c/2016 and remanded in prison custody since June 2016 till date if not for Barrister Jerry Uzosike who God used to vindicate and bring me out of prison today".

Barrister Uzosike after leading Chidiebere out of prison asked him to go home to his family and reintegrate himself back into the society,insisting that the system must seek ways to not only address such injustice but design a befitting compensation for victims of injustice.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/man-spends-two-years-in-prison-after-taking-neighbour-to-hospital-photos.html

Credit; Abia Facts

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by abokibuhari: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Buhari ko ni da fun e

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by youngberry001(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Asquare84(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
And there are a lot of people who are rothing away like that for a crime they knew nothing about

217 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by princechurchill(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
Imagine what kindness brought to him and you wonder why people mind their business these days

171 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Bluezy13(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by TechCapon(m): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
Many innocent people are languishing in jail angry

33 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by LuciferKristi: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2018
Why is he smiling?

Is he aware Buhari is now President?

I give him three weeks, he'll be begging to go back to jail.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by psucc(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
Bad guy, the beans in the prison has also been affected by the change, so the guy knows that actually, things are "no longer at ease"

May be the brother must have given a little money to the police, therefore reasons are no longer tenable.
LuciferKristi:
Why is he smiling?

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Too sad.

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by hardywaltz(m): 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nigeria I just hate this country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by OneCorner: 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
abokibuhari:
Buhari ko ni da fun e
Buhari jailing igbos because he did not like us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by moscobabs(m): 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
abokibuhari:
Buhari ko ni da fun e
Are u sure u have a functioning Brain?

At topic

Maybe God kept in there to avoid evil

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by excomarow(m): 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Free man

1 Like

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by excomarow(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Why is he smiling?

Ode
So even your own House wey u dey Na Prison grin

Commot for road make i pee jare undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
abokibuhari:
Buhari ko ni da fun e
Amin

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Divay22(f): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Why is he smiling?

Lol
Make pesin no smile again cause he regain him freedom grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by vicben27(m): 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
the heart of man is desperately wicked. l think twice before rendering any kind of help b4 it lands me into trouble.

1 Like

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Waffarianman(m): 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
If you no help dem say u wicked, to help again na bad person do... May the Almighty God guide us not into temptation. Amen

1 Like

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by stano2(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
Chisos Chisos
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by nextstep(m): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
... and people will be asking me to help accident victims...

It's really sad that in Nigeria people actually get punished for doing good. angry

3 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by hisgrace090: 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
What will be the punishment of the man that falsely accused him?

5 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Ochiboy11: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2018
Thank God u at free.. we keep on helping
Fulani Herdsmen Loaded With Sophisticated Weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRyMHIaoQg
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Huchennar(m): 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
You help, you go to jail
You don't help, you go to jail
only God can help us in this country. Even the good ones are afraid of helping others. Bro you welcome back. just go get your PVC and let do justice!
#ItCanOnlyGetBetter
#Huchennar
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by adisabarber(m): 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
He doesn't look like someone that just came out of Naija prison

1 Like

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Me i no dey epp anybody abeg.
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by eleko1: 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
sad if dat one see a 2 fighting now,he'll waka pass dem.when u see pipu walking dey pray Akoba Adaba olorun maje ari,beta put hand for pocket and drop even if nah 20 naira u get

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by abike12(f): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
definition of akoba adaba... poor guy

1 Like

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by eleko1: 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
sad see the wickedness of fellow fl@theads.FEAR IPOB JUDAHS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Residents Stealing CRUDE OIL From An Abandoned Ship In Elegushi, Lagos - Video / EFCC Returns € 10,000 To Scammed French Lover / White Man Dupes Nigerian Journalist With Fake Currency(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.