Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117797 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Anduku:

Kanye

And you think Kanye is normal?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by rinzaugustine: 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2019
The major contenders for democratic ticket Biden,sanders and orourke .It will be tough as trump is trying to make the white people feel good about their skin color and also touting the state of the economy while the democrats are campaigning based on trump’s grave deficiencies in office and also provision of more welfare for Americans that don’t want to work.It is a dicey situation which can go either way
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

What a quote.Trump is the potus and not to his constituents.
So having a government shutdown is now a major achievement?? which he eventually buckled shamefully.
The trade you mentioned is anti productive,farmers and steel workers who form major block of his base are counting their loses already.America is losing big due to foolish and unnecessary trade wars.America economy can't survive on it's own.

I never said these were things to be proud of, or that I approved of them. I said that Trump has promised certain things and he has zeroed in on those things and have gone about those things by any means necessary. That was the point i was making.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2019
rinzaugustine:
The major contenders for democratic ticket Biden,sanders and orourke .It will be tough as trump is trying to make the white people feel good about their skin color and also touting the state of the economy while the democrats are campaigning based on trump’s grave deficiencies in office and also provision of more welfare for Americans that don’t want to work.It is a dicey situation which can go either way

Agreed!!!...defeating an incumbent is always a tough nut but Trump is fast losing the confidence of those swing voters that guaranteed his victory the last time.nothing on ground presently shows the same scenario will play out in 2020.
Again,all dems need to do is to safely guard the states they won the last time and this time campaign more in the Midwest which they failed to do the last time and it's going to be an obvious result at the end.
Wisconsin,Michigan and Pennsylvania all played into Trump rhetorics of bringing back coal mining jobs,steel and manufacturing plants.they now know better they were scammed by the con artist himself.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
Backfornow:

I never said these were things to be proud of, or that I approved of them. I said that Trump has promised certain things and he has zeroed in on those things and have gone about those things by any means necessary. That was the point i was making.
May be I gave a literal view of your post.But seriously majority of his campaign promises are not working out and I understand he's trying to blame the democrats for it.Am yet to see what would be his campaign lines come 2020.

Please where is Ted Cruz??.the guy has suddenly gone quite these days.could it be because of his narrow escape out of his reelection in the midterms.quite unusual of him.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
Backfornow:

To me being illiterate is not the same thing as not having a college education. I think in US terms illiterate is not being able to read or write past elementary middle school levels.

Yes but the two previously mentioned people are in the truly illiterate category. And the completely illiterate rate is still pretty high especially in Trump country and inner cities
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Ugosample(m): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
Temayo:
Hi house.

Please i need your advise. I am planning to relocate to the US with my family on visiting visa. Kindly supply me with necessary steps required.

Highly unlikely
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by tsinzu: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2019
Holocene:

Absolutely normal, he is genius. That you disagree with someone's political preferences doesn't make them abnormal
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Anduku: 12:39am On Mar 24, 2019
Holocene:

Yeah, I think he is
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 4:03am On Mar 24, 2019
radautoworks:

Yes but the two previously mentioned people are in the truly illiterate category. And the completely illiterate rate is still pretty high especially in Trump country and inner cities
Are you insane? 99% of Americans are literate.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 11:43am On Mar 24, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:
Are you insane? 99% of Americans are literate.

Please do some research before questioning an individual’s sanity.

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=69

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2019
radautoworks:

Hmm, I'm interested in seeing what the actual percentage is. I looked at the charts you included, and I thought the results were good considering the size of the population. I might be interpreting it wrongly. I will research it later on the CIA website or Worldbank. Did you know that the CIA has a website that keeps data and facts from all over the world? It's pretty cool.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by ecclesiaok(m): 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
My good people I am looking for a healthcare related conferences in the USA that I can attend. I have an opportunity from my employer. But I don't know how to go about it. I need help
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
ecclesiaok:
My good people I am looking for a healthcare related conferences in the USA that I can attend. I have an opportunity from my employer. But I don't know how to go about it. I need help

What kind of conference specifically? Technology in healthcare, new drugs, laws, etc..
You can try MeetUp, Eventbrite, LinkedIn, or just Google healthcare conferences in the location you are interested
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
God is watching you on 3D. Ije Awele.
ecclesiaok:
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2019
BREAKING NEWS: On Obstruction, Mueller report “Does not conclude Trump committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”............CNN

Celebration in White House and Moscow. Trump and republicans dancing azonto right now.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
Dremca:
God is watching you on 3D. Ije Awele.

Wait, this is bad?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 12:49am On Mar 25, 2019
stonemasonn:
BREAKING NEWS: On Obstruction, Mueller report “Does not conclude Trump committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”............CNN

Celebration in White House and Moscow. Trump and republicans dancing azonto right now.

Am not sure many people expected something significant out of Mueller investigation.lets see what the full report contains anyway because the summarised version by the DOJ may be misleading. Whatever it is though,the potus can not be indicted on criminal charge while still in office.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 1:10am On Mar 25, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Am not sure many people expected something significant out of Mueller investigation.lets see what the full report contains anyway because the summarised version by the DOJ may be misleading. Whatever it is though,the potus can not be indicted on criminal charge while still in office.
is that immunity or some unwritten law?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 25, 2019
Backfornow:

Hmm, I'm interested in seeing what the actual percentage is. I looked at the charts you included, and I thought the results were good considering the size of the population. I might be interpreting it wrongly. I will research it later on the CIA website or Worldbank. Did you know that the CIA has a website that keeps data and facts from all over the world? It's pretty cool.

I could not find concrete percentages for the U.S. on either of those sites, which is weird bc almost every country reported those stats except for the U.s. I did find stats on wikipedia that said the US literacy rate is above 96% and another education site said 99%. But they all said literacy can be hard to measure bc there are different standards or measures used.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 1:40am On Mar 25, 2019
stonemasonn:
is that immunity or some unwritten law?

Of course immunity...and at the same time it depends on doj policy practices but who appoints the head of doj?.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 1:45am On Mar 25, 2019
Babyvet:

Please do some research before questioning an individual’s sanity.

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=69

Yeah 99% of Americans are literate. Anything esle?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 2:27am On Mar 25, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

Yeah 99% of Americans are literate. Anything esle?

No they are not. Where is your proof to back it up ? Are you sure you live in America ?

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 2:29am On Mar 25, 2019
Babyvet:

No they are not. Where is your proof to back it up ? Are you sure you live in America ?
Of course the usa is 99% literate where is your proof it is not?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 2:31am On Mar 25, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

Of course the usa is 99% literate where is your proof it is not?

I’m guessing you don’t live here ,so I’m not going to argue with you.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 2:34am On Mar 25, 2019
Babyvet:

I’m guessing you don’t live here ,so I’m not going to argue with you.

Born and raised. Are you insane? Like I said the USA is 99% literate.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 3:15am On Mar 25, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

Born and raised. Are you insane? Like I said the USA is 99% literate.

Lol , You mean born and raised in abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 4:16am On Mar 25, 2019
Babyvet:

I don’t think you realize who you’re talking to....

He is always looking for a way to create discord...

He loves creating arguments & chaos from thin air...

You might wanna ask radautoworks...

Radautoworks has dealt with him before...

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 4:24am On Mar 25, 2019
Babyvet:

Where were you born? In hell?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 4:27am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

I don’t think you realize who you’re talking to....

He is always looking for a way to create discord...

He loves creating arguments & chaos from thin air...

You might wanna ask radautoworks...

Radautoworks has dealt with him before...

99% of Americans are literate equals chaos? What language do you speak??
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 4:30am On Mar 25, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

99% of Americans are literate equals chaos? What language do you speak??

I don’t have time for your foolishness...

Bye Felicia...

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by OyinbowithaTan(m): 4:32am On Mar 25, 2019
7Alexandre:

I don’t have time for your foolishness...

Bye Felicia...
Because 99% of Americans are literate? You are talking about the most powerful country on Earth. Do you realize that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.