Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari (453 Views)

Tinubu Speaks On Owning Company That Creates PVC, Card Readers / INEC Adopts Card Readers, Rules Out Electronic Results Transmission / INEC, APC Preloading Card Readers, Says Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by zakim(m): 5:50am On Aug 16, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has faulted a report that he is against the use of the Permanent Voter Cards (PVC) and card readers for the next year’s general election.

Buhari in a statement yesterday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu said allegations that he declined assent to a bill due to his objections to the use of card readers are ‘wild and baseless’.

“President Buhari did not and has never raised any objections to the use of Card Readers for elections in Nigeria.

“On the contrary he has always been a passionate advocate for the use of PVCs and card readers in elections in Nigeria, mindful of the role that card readers and PVCs played in the election that brought him into office. And he has repeatedly made this clear, and praised these,” he said.

He said the revised version of the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill, 2018, with corrections by the National Assembly, and dated the 2nd of August, 2018, was received by the Presidency on the 3rd of August, 2018.

“The President has 30 days from the date of receipt, to assent to or decline the Bill. The Bill is therefore still under consideration by the Presidency,” he said.

The President also did not raise objections whatsoever to the use of card readers, contrary to the stories being maliciously peddled by sections of the media and on the internet.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-m-not-against-use-of-pvc-card-readers--buhari-265967.html

Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by Shelumiel: 5:58am On Aug 16, 2018
Underage voting brought this joker into power . The first place was Kano where kids below the age of 16 were in possession of PVCs
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 16, 2018
Shelumiel:
Underage voting brought this joker into power . The first place was Kano where kids below the age of 16 were in possession of PVCs
this one is stale already.
Say another one . Sucker!
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2018
Sai baba.2019... wink wink
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by FarahAideed: 7:12am On Aug 16, 2018
Buharis govt penchant for lies make me no to be able to believe them
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by Stopdkillins(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2018
I so much hate this man eh!, how about underage voting, am sure you r also not against, sick despicable old tyrannical fulani herdsman jihadistic terrorist
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by StillX10(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2018
Just approve the bill why are you scared
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by dlondonbadboy: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2018
Any thing that makes boharypotter scared is okay by me...
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by Racoon(m): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2018
So why is he declining to sign the amended electoral act & despite the latest court ruling.
Re: I’m Not Against Use Of PVC, Card Readers – Buhari by omowolewa: 10:51am On Aug 16, 2018
Assent the electoral bill to law then

(1) (Reply)

United Nations Reveals Boko Haram Sponsors / Stop Intimidating Nigerians With Jail Threat, Timi Frank Tells Buhari / If You Are Intelligent, Get Out Of Nigeria - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.