Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari (27042 Views)

Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ / Atiku, Ekweremadu, Akpabio Protest Against Buhari: "Buhari Stop The Killngs" / Kano Youths Protest Against Buhari 'Pack Your Load' (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by sirlekzy: 6:33am On Aug 16, 2018

Senate president, Bukola Saraki has revealed that he is considering running for the presidency in 2019 against the likely candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Saraki who recently defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) expressed confidence that he can make the change the country needs.

Below are nine important things he said during the interview:

1. I believe I can make the change

2. If a government can go and lock up an arm of government — and it’s never happened in our history — we should all be very concerned; We should not be surprised that they would use security agencies for elections

3. Most of the inflows that have come in are merely hot money, and that is because the oil price has gone up. Investment in the real sector is not seen. The private sector, in my view, has probably taken a position that the confidence is not there in the government. The country requires a government that is truly pro-business, and a president that sees himself as a chief marketing officer

4. There has been a persistent disregard for due process and a lack of neutrality for some of these issues. For you to have credible elections, you must have safe elections. Security agencies are actively getting involved in the politics.

5. The fundamentals of whatever we are going to develop is going to be based on sound democracy, credible elections, freedom of choice of Nigerians. If we don’t have that as a foundation, then everything else cannot happen

6. If we are going to have a subsidy, we should have a budget for it. Because once we have a budget for it, the private sector can also play a role in the importation of petroleum products. And if the private sector plays a role, definitely the cost of the subsidy will go down and there will be more efficiency in the delivery of products. But in the environment we are in today, where it’s only the Nigerian National Petroleum Corp. that’s doing that, it’s going to be inefficient, it’s not going to be transparent

7. The PDP has learnt its lesson from the loss in 2015, and I think unfortunately the APC did not learn from their victory

8. While negotiating with the PDP “we listed a number of issues. We talked about how to sustain and improve the fight against corruption; the issue of providing more powers to the states; inclusion and having a more nationalistic approach on things we do; to continue to improve the environment that will ensure investments. We listed a number of items during the discussions with the PDP, and there is a written agreement to that. We trust that we can hold them to that

9. We would ensure that the party is strong on security. The APC too have not done well on the issue of security. We have the opportunity with the right kind of presidential candidate and president to provide the leadership for the party. The party has a good opportunity to lead the country in the right direction

It had been reported that Senate president, Bukola Saraki, is said to be considering to run against President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 general elections.

According to Bloomberg, Saraki said in an interview at his residence in Abuja: “I am consulting and actively considering it. I believe I can make the change.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/news/9-important-saraki-revealed-ahead-2019

14 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33am On Aug 16, 2018
Saraki : A LOSER from the word GO!

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:35am On Aug 16, 2018
Saraki the lizard feeling like crocodile grin grin in your weirdest dream you think you can win PDP primary election shocked

FYI, you cannot win PMB in any region on reality, don't be deceived by twitter retweet and nairaland likes tongue

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by DonCorleons: 6:38am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70317963[s:
] Saraki : A LOSER from the word GO![/s]
trash trash

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by nnachukz(m): 6:38am On Aug 16, 2018
The present government lacks transparency. This opaque activities of NNPC regarding its spending on subsidy breeds corruption. This government has looted more money through NNPC more than other administrations put together hence their refusal to make their spendings public. Even when their attention is brought to the FOI law, they will shamelessly tell you they are not Public Company. The magnitude of corruption that will be revealed when these people leave power will shock the whole world.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:39am On Aug 16, 2018
DonCorleons:

trash trash
Hehehehe cheesy wink, another one!

Lol cheesy, the guy below is now so scared of quoting us anymore.
He learnt his lessons already!
Good one! cheesy grin wink

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 6:39am On Aug 16, 2018
Anybody who is 18 above has the right to vote and be voted for ...

The guy above stop calling Saraki loser let him contest first ..he reserved the right to contest.

Try and be objective in your opinion.

See signature.

35 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by Baawaa(m): 6:39am On Aug 16, 2018
If a government can go and lock up an arm of government — and it’s never happened in our history — we should all be very concerned; We should not be surprised that they would use security agencies for elections
For this reason i will vote for Buhari again and again

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by Shelumiel: 6:42am On Aug 16, 2018
True talk .
Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by C4Ltd: 6:44am On Aug 16, 2018
government in need of an overhaul

2 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by DonCorleons: 6:47am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70318066:

Hehehehe cheesy wink, another one!
still more trashcheesysadsad

i don't mingle with paid zzo.mbies online

be guarded

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On Aug 16, 2018
DonCorleons:
still more trashcheesysadsad

i don't mingle with paid zzo.mbies online

be guarded
Hehehehehe cheesy wink.
Mr mingle is here o.
U no like Pringles?!
See as him be.
2 days old members with a new moniker looking for trouble after being banned severally!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by nnachukz(m): 6:51am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70317963:
Saraki : A LOSER from the word GO!
Wait for him to lose 3 times like Buhari before you can call him a loser. On the contrary, he has been winning.
Mathematically, on average, Buhari is the loser when the two are compared. I know supporting the loser in Aso Rock has made you to apply the opposite of the meaning of things like calling Buhari a man of Integrity.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by hisgrace090: 6:53am On Aug 16, 2018
Buhari govt decide nothing na Sidon de look govt.
Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2018
Keep editing and editing.
Mtcheeew!!
Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by MartinCorridon: 7:47am On Aug 16, 2018
madridguy:
Saraki the lizard feeling like crocodile grin grin in your weirdest dream you think you can win PDP primary election shocked

FYI, you cannot win PMB in any region on reality, don't be deceived by twitter retweet and nairaland likes tongue

I beg to disagree. He's the life President of Biafra. BUT that's the only region that asslicks him with such eagerness.

Not even North Central where he comes from shocked. Not even Kwara State grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by bdsm: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2018
Go ahead Saraki and contest its time for men to collect ur stolen wealth. Its our money afterall. You shall be rejected in north-west becos u are yoruba and u shall be rejected in south-west becos u arent yoruba.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by izombie(m): 8:36am On Aug 16, 2018
If saraki decides to run and wins the pdp primaries, i will come back to nigeria during the election just to vote for him.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by CSTR1005: 8:48am On Aug 16, 2018
You can't deny the fact that he is far more intelligent than anybody else in the federal government.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by BruncleZuma: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by nairavsdollars(f): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2018
PDP will be doomed if they give their ticket to Saraki. Buhari will defeat him in the whole of Kwara

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by jeeqaa7(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2018
Self servicing self-servicer

4 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by Sanchez01: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2018
Saraki is a greater disaster than Buhari. Both should never be options in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by mfm04622: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2018
madridguy:

Even a lizard will win Buhari in South East and South South South. However, I have not seen anybody that can win Buhari in the election

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by Kclique: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2018
Buhari must be thrown out of Aso Rock, come 2019.

I don't care if it's Saraki or Kirasa, who ever contests against Buhari in the strong opposition party will defeat that old man.
If he knows better, let him not contest again.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by whitebeard(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2018
He is reading script... Joker...e doesn't mean what his saying..!! Isn't he the SP
Re: 9 Important Things Saraki Revealed As He Considers Running Against Buhari by oneda(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2018

7. The PDP has learnt its lesson from the loss in 2015, and I think unfortunately the APC did not learn from their victory

Unfortunately PDP did not learn anything from their defeat because it's still the same old thieves who have now swung back like monkeys from the APC

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Ruling: Secondus Says Only God Can Bail Out Nigeria / Why I Slumped During Ministerial Screening – Balarabe / Attahiru: Adamu Garba Berates Buhari, Osinbajo, Their Wives For Shunning Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.