Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,964 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Woman Denied Job Because Of Her Ghetto Name (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Woman Denied Job Because Of Her Ghetto Name (photos) (456 Views)

Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / 'Ghetto Name': Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Sounds Too Local (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Denied Job Because Of Her Ghetto Name (photos) by Magichand: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2018

A St Louis area woman's Facebook post is going viral after she was denied a job with a local company because of her ghetto name.. Hermeisha Robinson posted to her page on Monday that she applied for a customers service representative position with Mentality Health in Chesterfield...

Robinson was hurt when she received an email back from the company saying "unfortunately we do not consider candidates that have suggestive ghetto names".  Robinson went to say in her post that "my feelings are very hurt" and "I would like for everyone to share this post because discrimination has to stop..

However, Jack Gamache, from Mantality Health said their system was not hacked but their job posting website account was hacked... Mantality Health CEO Kevin Meuret says they think about 20 people got emails similar to Robinson's. "

This is not a reflection of who we are as a company, " said Meuret, " This is deplorable... Meuret says the person that appears to have sent the email does work for the company but, "has nothing to do with hiring and is a great employee."

From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/woman-denied-job-because-of-her-ghetto-name/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please I Need Your Help On This / Vavancy For ICT Officer At The United Nation High Commissioner For Refugees (UN / Job Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.