Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,026 members, 7,953,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

If Someone Genuinely Wanted To Improve The Infrastructure In Our Cities: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Someone Genuinely Wanted To Improve The Infrastructure In Our Cities: (537 Views)

5 States With Poorest Infrastructure In The Nigeria / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East / States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Someone Genuinely Wanted To Improve The Infrastructure In Our Cities: by topup: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2010
If someone genuinely wanted to improve the infrastructure in our cities. .

In a country like Nigeria, how could you ACTUALLY do this? Is there hope for this to be finally addressed country-wide?

---------

More info:

Let's say the person in question is very educated in the planning of cities and urban layouts and has worked on numerous projects abroad i.e. is not a novice at the subject.

What would a person have to do to get the roads and links fixed in this country?
Re: If Someone Genuinely Wanted To Improve The Infrastructure In Our Cities: by redsun(m): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
The person has to get rid of the corrupt system first that is hindering the infrastructural development.Nigeria can not do anything right with notorious gangsters like obasanjo,babagida,ikimi,atiku and the rest of the politicians in their caucus as leaders and statesmen.
Re: If Someone Genuinely Wanted To Improve The Infrastructure In Our Cities: by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2010
topup:

If someone genuinely wanted to improve the infrastructure in our cities. .

What would a person have to do to get the roads and links fixed in this country?

You are speaking of actually BUILDING/Developing the roads and links and not necessarily doing just urban planning or something of that sort, right?
Re: If Someone Genuinely Wanted To Improve The Infrastructure In Our Cities: by topup: 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You are speaking of actually BUILDING/Developing the roads and links and not necessarily doing just urban planning or something of that sort, right?

I am assuming that if the first option is done well, it will influence the latter?
Re: If Someone Genuinely Wanted To Improve The Infrastructure In Our Cities: by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
I think the second ought to come first but if the first is what you are speaking of, then I would ask, what exactly you really want to do here. I mean please OPEN Up And share so we clearly understand what you mean here please.

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Or House Of Fools? / Recruitment: Police Check Applicants’ Certificates With Waec, Neco In Ekiti / Improve Nigeria's Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.