Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time (11692 Views)

Game Makers Should Come In For Profits / Valentine: 10 Greatest Love Stories In Video Gaming / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by pryme(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2018
WTF Op angry angry

Where is Midway

Or you are not aware of their greatest game?

MK

1 Like

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by ogtavia(m): 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
No Eidos interactive. What about Ubisoft?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Please do you pay to get your post pushed to the FP?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Cao, I want to pee order fifa 19 for $79.99, should I go ahead? Don't want to buy another costly stuff while I can get it cheap at other places.

OP:nice compilation, add Activision though.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Just2endowed2(m): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2018
What about xbox by Microsoft?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Oreofepeters: 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
That "manhunt" is a banger. I love the game die, nice scenes, Good graphics, endless levels just saying tho. and 80% human attributes.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by jaheymezz(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
So Santa Monica who produced God of war no worth your list abi....you be racist

2 Likes

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by JacksonOyibo: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
smiley
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by hothuntee(m): 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
Eidos and nixxes - devil may cry series, deux ex humans
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by twosquare(m): 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ubisoft-Gameloft?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by blazeahams(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
Net-Lizard
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Tokziby: 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nise:

You are right bro. Activision deserves a spot on that goddamn list

The guy no sabi anything joor,

No Capcom (residents evil series) and street fighter since the 80's

Eiodos

Ubisoft

Midway

Ubisoft

Santa Monica (god of war series)

Etc

2 Likes

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2018
RealTrump:
Op, where Gameloft na? About which kain ruff play be this?

Even Ubisoft is missing. Vaseratti16, e be like u wan chop 1 year ban.
Only those who started playing video games from playstation 1 to 2 and subsequently 3 and 4 will appreciate ubisoft and gameloft..
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
Where the feck is infinite dreams?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by soliddust2020: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
What about Eidos, they made so many good games.Activision is also not on the list.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by ibiso1986: 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
What about capcom

1 Like

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by DCLXV1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
You are mixing hardware makers with software makers. Where is Midway? Kudos to Ed boon and Tobias for making the world's most addictive game!

If you are really a gamer you will start your list from the Nes, Arcade and Master system consoles..(8bit )
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2018
These Westhern countries have long surpassed expectations. Africans are still struggling with minor things.

Please check signature in blue below and get in touch to enjoy our Free Real Estate/Property Consulting services!!!
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by ch3ckm8: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
omohz:
you did not mention activisions, the makers of call off duty
I just tire. Even ubisoft
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Obeflacko(m): 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
you forgot to mention,vigil games,and sony santa monica
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Soulsymbol99: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
CAPCOM cool Dino Crisis

1 Like

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
grin grin grin Lol!!!!

Okay let me reply you guys now, I actually waited intentionally to allow you all to enjoy your moments of glory.

first before you read on first of chill and calm yourselves of the anger of not seeing your favorite video games developers on this list.

Are you calm? Okay read on.....

First y'all need to understand that there is a difference between Video game developers and Video game publisher

A developer builds a product. For example, if you have a game developer, You have a game designer to figure out fun game mechanics, artists to make the whole thing pretty, software developers to make the game run.

A publisher sells a product. If you look at a publisher, you will find for example marketing experts, who are good at informing people that your product exists, you have partner management, which informs gaming websites and channels about the upcoming product, sales which handle pricing, potentially a publisher even has something like logistics to gtet the product to the customer.

So in a nutshell, the developer makes a product to sell, and the publisher gets people to buy the product.

So to my main point, Activision and Ubisoft are not a video game developer but a video game publisher. it's only Activision that kinda has one leg in the video development business but there not still fully a video game developer.

So y'all see why I didn't include them in the list for further reference visit this link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

cc: ch3ckm8 soliddust2020 RealTrump Tokziby Nise
ogtavia Jeromejnr Arondizuogu

2 Likes

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
youmour:
Please do you pay to get your post pushed to the FP?

hehehe noooo just make sure you post quality content and watch the magic grin
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
No gameloft?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by khalhokage(m): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
Keep copying other people's content without mentioning them.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
Cowbuhari:
Haha guy you forget Gameloft Why nah
twosquare:
Ubisoft-Gameloft?
pat077:
What about gamesloft
AkpaMgbor:

Only those who started playing video games from playstation 1 to 2 and subsequently 3 and 4 will appreciate ubisoft and gameloft..

What is Gameloft A name of animal, place or thing cheesy

Gameloft stands no chance with the jagabans on the list, maybe if I name top 50 video game developers, Gameloft might luckily fit in grin grin
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by oyewilliams(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
ubisoft
activision
capcom
netherrealm studios
bandai namco
where are they?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by phetto(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
Where is ubisoft.
Rubbish list angry
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
Vasaratti16:
grin grin grin Lol!!!!

Okay let me reply you guys now, I actually waited intentionally to allow you all to enjoy your moments of glory.

first before you read on first of chill and calm yourselves of the anger of not seeing your favorite video games developers on this list.

Are you calm? Okay read on.....

First y'all need to understand that there is a difference between Video game developers and Video game publisher

A developer builds a product. For example, if you have a game developer, You have a game designer to figure out fun game mechanics, artists to make the whole thing pretty, software developers to make the game run.

A publisher sells a product. If you look at a publisher, you will find for example marketing experts, who are good at informing people that your product exists, you have partner management, which informs gaming websites and channels about the upcoming product, sales which handle pricing, potentially a publisher even has something like logistics to gtet the product to the customer.

So in a nutshell, the developer makes a product to sell, and the publisher gets people to buy the product.

So to my main point, Activision and Ubisoft are not a video game developer but a video game publisher. it's only Activision that kinda has one leg in the video development business but there not still fully a video game developer.

So y'all see why I didn't include them in the list for further reference visit this link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

cc: ch3ckm8 soliddust2020 RealTrump Tokziby Nise
ogtavia Jeromejnr Arondizuogu

Thanks for the enlightenment brother.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by cao(f): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
Arondizuogu:
Cao, I want to pee order fifa 19 for $79.99, should I go ahead? Don't want to buy another costly stuff while I can get it cheap at other places.

OP:nice compilation, add Activision though.
Personally, I don't buy Fifa yearly, I now buy it every 4 years (used to be 2), this way I see more significant improvements.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by 2uung(m): 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
GUY activision nko? call of duty?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
cao:

Personally, I don't buy Fifa yearly, I now buy it every 4 years (used to be 2), this way I see more significant improvements.

4 years? What? I keep saying i will switch to PES yearly, but I don't because I don't have time for patches.. EA has gotten really greedy with fifa so I know the feeling, Career mode has been on standby since fifa 15... I'm having second thoughts on spending such amount to of money on it that's why I asked, I might get it second hand then.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are There No Game Developers In Nigeria? / Alabaconnect: Gaming Smart Tv Sets / Play Phone Java Games On Psp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.