Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time (11724 Views)

Game Makers Should Come In For Profits / Valentine: 10 Greatest Love Stories In Video Gaming / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by ogtavia(m): 10:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
Vasaratti16:
grin grin grin Lol!!!!

Okay let me reply you guys now, I actually waited intentionally to allow you all to enjoy your moments of glory.

first before you read on first of chill and calm yourselves of the anger of not seeing your favorite video games developers on this list.

Are you calm? Okay read on.....

First y'all need to understand that there is a difference between Video game developers and Video game publisher

A developer builds a product. For example, if you have a game developer, You have a game designer to figure out fun game mechanics, artists to make the whole thing pretty, software developers to make the game run.

A publisher sells a product. If you look at a publisher, you will find for example marketing experts, who are good at informing people that your product exists, you have partner management, which informs gaming websites and channels about the upcoming product, sales which handle pricing, potentially a publisher even has something like logistics to gtet the product to the customer.

So in a nutshell, the developer makes a product to sell, and the publisher gets people to buy the product.

So to my main point, Activision and Ubisoft are not a video game developer but a video game publisher. it's only Activision that kinda has one leg in the video development business but there not still fully a video game developer.

So y'all see why I didn't include them in the list for further reference visit this link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

cc: ch3ckm8 soliddust2020 RealTrump Tokziby Nise
ogtavia Jeromejnr Arondizuogu
. Clap for yourself then.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
ogtavia:
. Clap for yourself then.

Why are u quoting me?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Jaymaestro(m): 1:03am On Aug 17, 2018
Skyrim – My best game of all time
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by toys2seven(m): 1:26am On Aug 17, 2018
cao:

Personally, I don't buy Fifa yearly, I now buy it every 4 years (used to be 2), this way I see more significant improvements.

grin grin ... Just say you don't buy much of soccer games. Four years! Is it world cup?

1 Like

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by HyDef(m): 2:44am On Aug 17, 2018
Not bad.
Nintendo, Valve, and Rare are all on the list, to my pleasure.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 17, 2018
omohz:
you did not mention activisions, the makers of call off duty
yeah
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by cao(f): 6:09am On Aug 17, 2018
toys2seven:

grin grin ... Just say you don't buy much of soccer games. Four years! Is it world cup?
Just say, you're gullible enough to buy practically the same game every year...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by cao(f): 6:17am On Aug 17, 2018
Arondizuogu:

4 years? What? I keep saying i will switch to PES yearly, but I don't because I don't have time for patches.. EA has gotten really greedy with fifa so I know the feeling, Career mode has been on standby since fifa 15... I'm having second thoughts on spending such amount to of money on it that's why I asked, I might get it second hand then.
I used to buy every 2 years, until folks complained about FIFA 16. The improvements from FIFA 14 to FIFA 18 were rather significant, EA will keep releasing it yearly, so they can keep banking on their whales (big spenders) that seem to live on FUT. Let's be frank, we're just playing the same game over and over, why should I spend big bucks for tiny improvements? There's only so much a yearly franchise game can improve.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 17, 2018
cao:

I used to buy every 2 years, until folks complained about FIFA 16. The improvements from FIFA 14 to FIFA 18 were rather significant, EA will keep releasing it yearly, so they can keep banking on their whales (big spenders) that seem to live on FUT. Let's be frank, we're just playing the same game over and over, why should I spend big bucks for tiny improvements? There's only so much a yearly franchise game can improve.

Yep. I was so hypes for this fifa 19, then the career mode just be the same. I'm fed up. They only care about FUT because 12 yrs old waste their money on it. Good morning tho..
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by legend0110(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2018
EA and Konami all the way!!!!!!
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Rashman578(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2018
Mehn pls quickly edit and put Capcom

U forgotten Resident Evil? Biohazard?
. All time greatest horror games. Respect CAPCOM
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by dejavuh0007(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2018
Where is Santa Monica of god of war
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by damdam995(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2018
twosquare:
Ubisoft-Gameloft?
hi brruo... Are you buying PayPal?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Lana1(m): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2018
Vasaratti16:
grin grin grin Lol!!!!

Okay let me reply you guys now, I actually waited intentionally to allow you all to enjoy your moments of glory.

first before you read on first of chill and calm yourselves of the anger of not seeing your favorite video games developers on this list.

First y'all need to understand that there is a difference between Video game developers and Video game publisher

A developer builds a product. For example, if you have a game developer, You have a game designer to figure out fun game mechanics, artists to make the whole thing pretty, software developers to make the game run.

A publisher sells a product. If you look at a publisher, you will find for example marketing experts, who are good at informing people that your product exists, you have partner management, which informs gaming websites and channels about the upcoming product, sales which handle pricing, potentially a publisher even has something like logistics to gtet the product to the customer.

So in a nutshell, the developer makes a product to sell, and the publisher gets people to buy the product.

So to my main point, Activision and Ubisoft are not a video game developer but a video game publisher. it's only Activision that kinda has one leg in the video development business but there not still fully a video game developer.

So y'all see why I didn't include them in the list for further reference visit this link

So if this is ur criteria for not adding Activision and Ubisoft, why then did u put EA in the list?? EA is also a publisher like them with many sub-divisions and subordinate companies that develop their games.

1 Like

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Lana1(m): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2018
cao:

Is this also ur stance on CoD? Every 4 years?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lana1:
So if this is ur criteria for not adding Activision and Ubisoft, why then did u put EA in the list?? EA is also a publisher like them with many sub-divisions and subordinate companies that develop their games.

I don't really understand how else you want me to explain it to you,

EA might be a publisher but EA is also a full-time developer unlike Activision.

for example the FIFA game was both developed and published by EA
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by cao(f): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lana1:
Is this also ur stance on CoD? Every 4 years?
Well, I came late to CoD. Only played from Ghosts to Black Ops III. I just avoid it now.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by toys2seven(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
cao:

Just say, you're gullible enough to buy practically the same game every year...

Just say you're uniformed enough not to know that "The Journey" (& its sequel) is more than enough reason to buy Fifa every damn year.

1 Like

Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by cao(f): 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
toys2seven:

Just say you're uniformed enough not to know that "The Journey" (& its sequel) is more than enough reason to buy Fifa every damn year.
Just say that you didn't know that Alex Hunter only started existing with FIFA 17, it took EA many years to give us a tailored campaign, so abeg free yourself from your lack of knowledge.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by twosquare(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
damdam995:
hi brruo... Are you buying PayPal?
Not anymore.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by wman(m): 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
Vasaratti16:
grin grin grin Lol!!!!

Ubisoft is a video game developer. They have several studios.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by Jeromejnr(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
wman:

Ubisoft is a video game developer. They have several studios.

Even me to I surprise o.

Ubisoft montreal created Prince of Persia games.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by toys2seven(m): 1:30am On Aug 18, 2018
cao:

Just say that you didn't know that Alex Hunter only started existing with FIFA 17, it took EA many years to give us a tailored campaign, so abeg free yourself from your lack of knowledge.

Just say you didn't know that EA gave out exclusive "The Journey" tests in FIFA 16 and FIFA 15 has a "Be A Pro" overhaul, compared to FIFA 14 & 13. Why am I arguing with this 4-years-cycle game purchaser na? At the table of REAL gamers, pls sit down; be humble.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by cao(f): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2018
toys2seven:

Just say you didn't know that EA gave out exclusive "The Journey" tests in FIFA 16 and FIFA 15 has a "Be A Pro" overhaul, compared to FIFA 14 & 13. Why am I arguing with this 4-years-cycle game purchaser na? At the table of REAL gamers, pls sit down; be humble.
You're arguing because you're gullible and EA appreciates your gullibility. Go and continue being gullible.
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by davinchecodes(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
kroger:
Will never forget 007 Golden Eye, Four players, split screen, with RC90 and KF7, bloody!!!!!
Hello Bro, Can We Have A Lil Discussing?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by kroger: 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
davinchecodes:

Hello Bro, Can We Have A Lil Discussing?

Sure bro.. Whatsup
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by davinchecodes(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
kroger:

Sure bro.. Whatsup
are u on fb?
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by kroger: 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
davinchecodes:

are u on fb?

send me a pm..
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by davinchecodes(m): 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
kroger:

send me a pm..
Done
Re: 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time by LucemFerre: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
Vasaratti16:
grin grin grin Lol!!!!

Uhmm... Ubisoft does develop games wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Play Phone Java Games On Psp / Why Are There No Game Developers In Nigeria? / Taiwanese Teen Dies After Playing Diablo III For 40-hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.