Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo (45330 Views)

Nigerian Woman Stranded In Milan, Italy Asking For Help. Do You Know Her? / Alfa Ekele, Nigerian Aviation Student Dies In Plane Crash At US Airport (Photo) / Man Raises Concern Over Cracked Basement Pillar At The Lagos Airport (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by dainformant(m): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2018
A 78-year-old woman, Benice Ikerionwu, is said to be stranded at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos. According to Iwuchukwu Benneth, a staff with the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the woman arrived the airport on Monday, August 13th, and was left stranded by her son who was meant to pick her up.

A passenger who saw the woman crying profusely at the airport as she had no money or phone with her - notified the airport authorities who tried contacting her family without any positive response. 

Read the report shared by Iwuchukwu online; 

Please,this 78years woman Mrs Benice Ikerionwu arrived at Lagos Int Airport on Lufthansa airline on Monday 13/8/18 around 5pm and has been stranded there as she had no money,phone nor contact of Relation on her as at late nite that day.

She told us that her son Chimezie Ikerionwu was coming from Abuja to pick her on arrival but he was no where to be found as she was crying like a baby when one Bimpe kemi an arrived passenger noticed her and reported to Airport Security and was with her at Tango city and Servicom elderly lounge all through the nite and also gave her money to eat when leaving in the morning.

Yesterday her daughter chinwe Irabor nee ikerionwu was contacted thru her phone numbers got from the Airline as she booked her mothers ticket,but she refuse to cooperate with the Aviation security official who called her by not disclosing her two Brothers living at Ikeja and Ajegunle numbers to him instead she claimed that they had picked and that she slept at the sons house at Ajegunle.

please Isiala Mbano indigenes or anyone that knows Chinwe Irabor,Chimezie or any of the Ikerionwus should call them to come to Lagos international Airport and pick their mother who has been stranded.they should come to Tango City and pick her.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/78-year-old-woman-stranded-at-lagos-airport.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by dainformant(m): 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Immatex(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
A Beautiful Old Woman? This is not fair.

Who forgets his mother

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by sarrki(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Immatex:
A Beautiful Old Woman? This is not fair.

Who forgets his mother

Google it

Having said that

Mama you will be fine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by sehin79(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
“Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3“so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

a word enough for the wise.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by blessedvisky(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
Igbo Amaka

That's all I have to say

Have a great day

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by LuciferKristi: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2018
What if she was deported and her kids want nothing to do with her?

It clearly looks like they weren't expecting to receive her.

I suggest a sisal rope be handed to her so she can make use of it before tomorrow morning.

Our economy cannot support 160m+ people anyway...

2 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by OneCorner: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
Afonja hate us dat is why dey left d woman stranded.
Why not rivers airport or Enugu airport?
Afonja and hatred for easterners

10 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by madridguy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nigeria don't even have any respect for her elder citizen. How on earth will you take an old woman of almost 80 years to Tango city? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by shakmati(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
blessedvisky:
Igbo Amaka

That's all I have to say

Have a great day

Your tribalism disgusts me!

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
The only logical reason for forgetting their mum is if the person coming to pick her is dead...this is inhumane, even if she's a witch leaving her stranded is far worst

12 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by DanseMacabre(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
How person go come from obodo oyibo without phone or money? No be gold chain she rock for neck so?

Abeg the woman jones gan.

Love her hair though. cool

10 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by mrtruthful: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
Who told you she is weeping? because me i cant see even a tear on her eyes. You people should leave her she will come back when she is tired of sitting there.
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Sweetcollins: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
This Na suffer at old age...
Make she find way to Edo state, e no pass one of our Iyes
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by ruffhandu: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
I hope the son is still alive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by pocohantas(f): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
LuciferKristi:

I suggest a sisal rope be handed to her so she can make use of it before tomorrow morning.

You should eat some makeup.
You're so ugly and dark inside! Jeez!

I wonder how you sleep at night. Disgusting thing.
I don't blame you, I blame the people that allow your kind thrive.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
Poor woman.
What manner of kids leave their mom stranded?!

1 Like

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Dandsome: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
So sad,

Possible scenarios

1. She must have been wicked to their father and instrumental to his death, then abandoned the children and followed another man to Obodo oyibo. Now the man is tired of her and has gotten a younger lady, hence she was no longer needed. (Ignore no1. if the husband is still alive)

2. The woman has plenty wahala, hence the son doesn`t want a clash between his mother and his wife

3. The daughter also denied her meaning she too doesn`t wast to have anything to do with the woman. (This supports No. 2)

4. The woman fit be ghost o, cos the daughter said she has already been picked and is currently with one of her sons.

5. The son whom the sister claimed picked the mother actually lied to the sister cos he has a babe he is camping in his house and doesn`t want any visitor to pour sand in his Garri.

6. Son 1 thought Son 2 has picked up their mother. Sister called Son 2 who also thought Son 1 has picked up their mother so he told her that son1 has picked her up.

After all said and done, what kind of irresponsible people will leave their aged mother stranded like this?? They must be MAD

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by RockHard: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
Na wah for some pikins. Wetin this poor woman do to deserve this after flying all the way?

6 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
Reminds me of Tony Soprano's Mom.
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by donbachi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
Slay grandma

3 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by AgentGoat: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
What's wrong with her children?

3 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by itiswellandwell: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
Eyaaaaah
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by LuciferKristi: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
pocohantas:

You should eat some makeup.
You're so ugly and dark inside! Jeez!

I wonder how you sleep at night. Disgusting thing.
I don't blame you, I blame the people that allow your kind thrive.

So you choose Wole Soyinkress over me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by RockHard: 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
LuciferKristi:

You well so?

10 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by 2018Badbitch: 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hmnnn
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Lordofthewest(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
Or you mean a useless biafuro left his mother at the airport since the broke children didn't have enough money to take of mama oni mama..awon omokomo
OneCorner:
Afonja hate us dat is why dey left d woman stranded.
Why not rivers airport or Enugu airport?
Afonja and hatred for easterners

7 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
We way no get de regret people way get de misbehave. Abi Nigeria's yahoo boys in with bible don tell them say mama witch.

I hope not.

1 Like

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
sad
Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
LuciferKristi:

"Yesterday her daughter chinwe Irabor nee ikerionwu was contacted thru her phone numbers got from the Airline as she booked her mothers ticket"

Guy! Did you read this part at all? Don't know they allow the families of deportees to purchase airline tickets for their deportation.
You should have sympathy for the aged o! More especially when you don't know what they did to deserve unjust treatment.

3 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo by davillian(m): 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sorry mama they should check SARS office for your son.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ore Road Helicopter 'Picked Stroke Patient Up' / Man Who Rode Bicycle From Denmark To Nigeria Received In Calabar. Photos / Sleeping God Is Good Motors Driver Crashes Into Parking Truck On BeninLagos Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.