Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! (1674 Views)

This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by BabaAlabi: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
One of the worst telecommunication company we have in Nigeria is globacom. Not only is their network abysmally poor, they keep ripping of unsuspecting customers with false advertising.
I received this message about glo yakata's plan to get 6gb on every N100 recharge:
Welcome To YAKATA!! Get upto 6GB FREE data Every Month for 6 Months and A whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call ALL NETWORKS!.
I knew the usual scam of glo giving out double data because they know their network is so poor that customers will not use half of the data. However, I felt I should give this a trial by getting a new sim. Only for me to load #100 and get 50mb only.
On contacting customer care, I was told you can get a total of 6gb from 50mb accummulation on every recharge not 6gb for #100. I know some might ask why I wanted 6gb for #100 but that was what the network implied. I felt it was a promo to increase the number of glo subscribers. My question is: why the false advertising?
Avoid glo network guys.

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by fibonacci2526: 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
BabaAlabi:
One of the worst telecommunication company we have in Nigeria is globacom. Not only is their network abysmally poor, they keep ripping of unsuspecting customers with false advertising.
I received this message about glo yakata's plan to get 6gb on every N100 recharge:
Welcome To YAKATA!! Get upto 6GB FREE data Every Month for 6 Months and A whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call ALL NETWORKS!.
I knew the usual scam of glo giving out double data because they know their network is so poor that customers will not use half of the data. However, I felt I should give this a trial by getting a new sim. Only for me to load #100 and get 50mb only.
On contacting customer care, I was told you can get a total of 6gb from 50mb accummulation on every recharge not 6gb for #100. I know some might ask why I wanted 6gb for #100 but that was what the network implied. I felt it was a promo to increase the number of glo subscribers. My question is: why the false advertising?
Avoid glo network guys.

Op na wa for you. You need to read and understand terms and conditions. Glo did no wrong here.

4 Likes

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by BabaAlabi: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Op na wa for you. You need to read and understand terms and conditions. Glo did not wrong here.
Wow. Nigerians love their oppressors too much. Are you telling me that from this message (Welcome To YAKATA!! Get upto 6GB FREE data Every Month for 6 Months and A whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call ALL NETWORKS!), you knew it was 100 naira for 50mb?

2 Likes

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by BabaAlabi: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
A whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge was #350 for calls. This was pure false advertising.

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by BabaAlabi: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2018
See other users complaining of the scam on twitter. Just search for glo yakata scam.

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by fibonacci2526: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
BabaAlabi:

Wow. Nigerians love their oppressors too much. Are you telling me that from this message (Welcome To YAKATA!! Get upto 6GB FREE data Every Month for 6 Months and A whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call ALL NETWORKS!), you knew it was 100 naira for 50mb?

GET UP TO!!! That was the keyword.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by BabaAlabi: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
fibonacci2526:

GET UP TO!!! That was the keyword.
Then what about this: and A whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call ALL NETWORKS. Why was I given only 350 naira? Seems you don't understand the concept of false advertising.
Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by GrandMufti: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Op na wa for you. You need to read and understand terms and conditions. Glo did not wrong here.

This one weak me gaan grin
Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by GrandMufti: 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2018
BabaAlabi:

Then what about this: and A whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call ALL NETWORKS. Why was I given only 350 naira? Seems you don't understand the concept of false advertising.

kindly dial *220*1# and share screenshot
Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by united442(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
op you be theif..
you knw they are scam but you wan try am,you don try am now,you ar complaining..
thats how they have been doing it even before the yakata bonus..
N100 for 6gb? lol...o.p you self too like oshofree...
Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by BabaAlabi: 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
united442:
op you be theif..
you knw they are scam but you wan try am,you don try am now,you ar complaining..
thats how they have been doing it even before the yakata bonus..
N100 for 6gb? lol...o.p you self too like oshofree...
Exactly my point....they should not be allowed to keep scamming people

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by Naijawebmaster: 7:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
6GB for N100?? shocked

Your seek for awoof is synonymous to armed robbery.

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! by fibonacci2526: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2018
GrandMufti:

This one weak me gaan grin

I nor get strength to reply am, no strength at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

S9 Plus (64gb) For Sale Or Swap With S10 Plus. SOLD / Clean Tecno Spark 3 For Sale #29, 000. 2g Ram, 32g Storage Space / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4/64gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.