Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,311 members, 7,853,448 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:53 PM

How To Get More Jobs & Business Opportunities In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Get More Jobs & Business Opportunities In Nigeria (313 Views)

Egina FPSO: Samsung Eyes Future Opportunities In Nigeria / 3 Money-spinning Business Opportunities Overlooked By Many Nigerians / 5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get More Jobs & Business Opportunities In Nigeria by dapsdiary(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Do you want a better life? you want a better job? perhaps more business opportunities in Nigeria is all you desire, whichever the case is, personal branding plays a significant role in ensuring you get more deals – by implication more financial gratification.

Personally, my concept of business is building a brand. Studying Business Administration in the University of Jos played a significant role in understanding the concept of personal branding and why it is important to create a lots of business opportunities in Nigeria especially. In the same manner I have always faulted the popular concept of cost minimization and profit maximization which most entrepreneurs build their business around. Using this concept will make you compromise on quality, branding and catalysts to bring more business opportunities.

Since I started my entrepreneurial journey since college days, I have been working on building myself a brand and the results have been amazing, to call a spade a spade – it is what has brought me this far. So I thought to share my personal branding strategy in this article. This is far from saying I have built a strong brand, NO! I’d rather say I’m building a strong brand.

My personal branding efforts singled me out in the massive crowd, got me some good deals, brought more income, and life cannot get any better. I have got random invitations to speak at workshops, got some deals to help start-ups run digital marketing campaigns, consult for some businesses on digital marketing, get clients all over the globe to design beautiful and engaging websites for business and personal use, and so many more. All of these came through deliberate and intentional personal branding efforts.

I feel very sad when I see people ignore this little but highly significant and distinctive ability to stand out. I will focus on how to brand yourself to get more job offers and more business deals.

Do You Exist In A Market?
The undeniable truth is this: Every organization out there wants good people with amazing skills and qualities who they see as an asset to work with them. Amazingly you know you are all of these things but yet you do not have that job. You have all the skills, yet your business is dragging. Your competitors whom apparently you are more skillful than get all the good deals and leaves you with crumbs. This can be very annoying, very painful I must confess. The reality is that you deserve more, unfortunately those who need you and everything you have to offer do not know you exist. That is just the problem, and the only solution is to market yourself as a brand even if you goal is just to get a job.

Through experience, I can confidently say that this is the best way to get any dream job or create any dream life. I have been in a similar situation before. This problem cannot be solved by uploading your resume in more employment portals like jobberman, having an active LinkedIn profile or by applying for more jobs offline. If you have tried that before, I am sure you ended up bored and frustrated with the process. Those portals that have several job listings and you wonder whoever get the jobs.

With my personal branding method, I am getting relevant and good job offers and also lots of business opportunities in Nigeria. I’m grateful for this, so I thought to share my experience. Just the other day I got a call from someone who would want me to help him penetrate his business into a new market, he is looking to penetrate more in the Nigerian market and also Africa. So he told me, he knows I have lived in Jos, Nigeria for some years and I know the terrain and I also have the skills, and he needs to create a new market in the North-Central. That is just an example. Now people recognize me as a promising entrepreneur and digital marketing expert, and I’ll never have to hunt for good jobs again.

Why Good People Don’t Always Get Good Jobs or create more business opportunities in Nigeria
Before we start discussion on my personal branding strategy, let us have a look at this ugly reality first. Good people are not the only ones having a difficulty in finding the right jobs or creating more business opportunities in Nigeria. Organizations are also finding it very difficult to recruit good people to work for them. This is so true.

So there are a lot of good jobs and good people out there, but they are not dating each other. It is true! I know corruption plays a significant role in this but I do not want to go into that. Organizations are always complaining about the difficulty of recruiting the best qualified people to work with them and experts are always complaining about not having enough good and relevant jobs.

Why is this happening? The reason is because most appraisal tools in a recruiting process is not measurable. For example, consider two people who work in a computer factory. One person assembles 500 computers a day and the other person assembles only 400 computers a day. Now it is easy to say who is the expert in assembling computers. More computers per day, the better he/she is.

This is the big problem, in reality this concept is inaccurate. A manager who makes a hiring decision cannot measure your expertise with any tests or tools. So people hire with quick results, emotion and “gut feeling” and hence the mega mismatch between job openings and individuals.

In reality it takes at least 6 months for a manager to completely understand the unique skills of his/her subordinate. So even if you actually possess the skills, they may never give you the chance because not everyone will get a chance to go through a probation period, and you may lose great opportunities. To overcome this, you need to brand yourself in such a way that people perceive you as an expert even before they hire you either for a paid job or business. That’s exactly what preeminent branding is all about.

In general, there is a huge market demand for experts because experts get the job done, no stories. But being an ‘expert’ is a subjective thing. There is no way to measure someone and certify them as an expert or otherwise. You become an expert with indicators of expertise – which for many people is accidental, but for guys like me, it’s a deliberate effort. How to build that brand as an expert is what this article is going to be about.

Why Qualification & Certifications Isn’t Good Enough
Don’t get it twisted at all, certifications never prove that you are an expert. Really?� That’s because the market is crowded with too many certifications. Certifications just demonstrate mere knowledge, but never expertise. People WILL NOT hire you for what you know, they hire you for the results you can bring. I chronicled a similar thought in this article How to Become a Self Made Digital Marketing Expert 2017

Creating more business opportunities in Nigeria has nothing to do with mere certifications. Certificate really is getting outdated. True that!☹

Now Is it OK to Brand and Market Yourself?
Absolutely YES!

I would attest that the idea of marketing yourself may feel a little creepy when starting out. You have to overcome that hesitation. If you are really good at something, it is your responsibility to let the world know about it.

My branding strategy is based on how companies market their brands to their customers. But it is not the marketing that you see around you. Don’t worry! I am not going to tell you to create banner ads for yourself neither will you need to start an advertising campaign!

How To Be Seen As An “Expert” to get more business opportunities in Nigeria
The web definition of an Expert is a person who is very knowledgeable about or skillful in a particular area.

It is one thing to be an expert, it another thing to be seen or perceived as an expert. Yup!�

As difficult as it is to become an expert – perhaps as difficult as a lifetime of learning, it is the easy part. Making people see you as an expert is the hardest and most important part. You are never going to become an expert for yourself, are you? not even when you want more business opportunities in Nigeria.

Okay, let’s quickly run through what experts do. This will help us to identify how to be seen as an expert.

Experts Write: Experts write books. They also publish great informative articles on their blog. Many people read their blog. They post articles on reputed publications, newspapers, magazines and blogs.
Experts Speak: Experts speak at seminars, do guest lectures at universities, conferences, and workshops.
Experts are Thought Leaders: Experts are not just “I-know-a-lot-of-stuff” people. They also have unique ideas, concepts and theories which they have developed over a period of time. To cut short, they are authorities and thought leaders in their field of work.
Experts Train: Experts also train other people. They charge a lot for the training. The Experts of experts charge even more.
Experts Consult: They work as consultants to many businesses and organizations because… well, they are experts!
You see how experts create more business opportunities in Nigeria? If an expert does none of the above, then it would be quite an uphill for us to accept that he/she is an expert. If you are an expert and you have not started any of the things mentioned above, you want to start immediately.

Here’s My Personal Branding Strategy
If I consider the amazing results my branding strategy has yielded in a short space of 2 years, I feel blown away. I’m pretty convinced it’s working and I can only Imagine where I would be if I continue in this pace in the next 10 years – I’m pretty sure I won’t be any far from being a major brand in Africa like I have always wanted.

With tools like WordPress for Blogging, YouTube for Vlogging and Soundcloud for Podcasting, it is easy to teach people what you want to and get feedback from them.

My personal branding method is tailored for the digital age. Here are the 7 steps involved.

Documenting my Experiences and Ideas
Creating a Brand Identity
Creating Digital & Mass Communication Platforms
Sticking to a Niche
Publish EPIC Articles on my Blog
Write, Speak, Train & Help
Marketing Myself and Scaling!

Read the personal branding method in details using this link: https://dapsdigital.com/business-opportunities-in-nigeria-through-personal-branding/
Re: How To Get More Jobs & Business Opportunities In Nigeria by flirtnaija: 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
dapsdiary:
Do you want a better life? you want a better job? perhaps more business opportunities in Nigeria is all you desire, whichever the case is, personal branding plays a significant role in ensuring you get more deals – by implication more financial gratification.

Personally, my concept of business is building a brand. Studying Business Administration in the University of Jos played a significant role in understanding the concept of personal branding and why it is important to create a lots of business opportunities in Nigeria especially. In the same manner I have always faulted the popular concept of cost minimization and profit maximization which most entrepreneurs build their business around. Using this concept will make you compromise on quality, branding and catalysts to bring more business opportunities.

Since I started my entrepreneurial journey since college days, I have been working on building myself a brand and the results have been amazing, to call a spade a spade – it is what has brought me this far. So I thought to share my personal branding strategy in this article. This is far from saying I have built a strong brand, NO! I’d rather say I’m building a strong brand.

My personal branding efforts singled me out in the massive crowd, got me some good deals, brought more income, and life cannot get any better. I have got random invitations to speak at workshops, got some deals to help start-ups run digital marketing campaigns, consult for some businesses on digital marketing, get clients all over the globe to design beautiful and engaging websites for business and personal use, and so many more. All of these came through deliberate and intentional personal branding efforts.

I feel very sad when I see people ignore this little but highly significant and distinctive ability to stand out. I will focus on how to brand yourself to get more job offers and more business deals.

Do You Exist In A Market?
The undeniable truth is this: Every organization out there wants good people with amazing skills and qualities who they see as an asset to work with them. Amazingly you know you are all of these things but yet you do not have that job. You have all the skills, yet your business is dragging. Your competitors whom apparently you are more skillful than get all the good deals and leaves you with crumbs. This can be very annoying, very painful I must confess. The reality is that you deserve more, unfortunately those who need you and everything you have to offer do not know you exist. That is just the problem, and the only solution is to market yourself as a brand even if you goal is just to get a job.

Through experience, I can confidently say that this is the best way to get any dream job or create any dream life. I have been in a similar situation before. This problem cannot be solved by uploading your resume in more employment portals like jobberman, having an active LinkedIn profile or by applying for more jobs offline. If you have tried that before, I am sure you ended up bored and frustrated with the process. Those portals that have several job listings and you wonder whoever get the jobs.

With my personal branding method, I am getting relevant and good job offers and also lots of business opportunities in Nigeria. I’m grateful for this, so I thought to share my experience. Just the other day I got a call from someone who would want me to help him penetrate his business into a new market, he is looking to penetrate more in the Nigerian market and also Africa. So he told me, he knows I have lived in Jos, Nigeria for some years and I know the terrain and I also have the skills, and he needs to create a new market in the North-Central. That is just an example. Now people recognize me as a promising entrepreneur and digital marketing expert, and I’ll never have to hunt for good jobs again.

Why Good People Don’t Always Get Good Jobs or create more business opportunities in Nigeria
Before we start discussion on my personal branding strategy, let us have a look at this ugly reality first. Good people are not the only ones having a difficulty in finding the right jobs or creating more business opportunities in Nigeria. Organizations are also finding it very difficult to recruit good people to work for them. This is so true.

So there are a lot of good jobs and good people out there, but they are not dating each other. It is true! I know corruption plays a significant role in this but I do not want to go into that. Organizations are always complaining about the difficulty of recruiting the best qualified people to work with them and experts are always complaining about not having enough good and relevant jobs.

Why is this happening? The reason is because most appraisal tools in a recruiting process is not measurable. For example, consider two people who work in a computer factory. One person assembles 500 computers a day and the other person assembles only 400 computers a day. Now it is easy to say who is the expert in assembling computers. More computers per day, the better he/she is.

This is the big problem, in reality this concept is inaccurate. A manager who makes a hiring decision cannot measure your expertise with any tests or tools. So people hire with quick results, emotion and “gut feeling” and hence the mega mismatch between job openings and individuals.

In reality it takes at least 6 months for a manager to completely understand the unique skills of his/her subordinate. So even if you actually possess the skills, they may never give you the chance because not everyone will get a chance to go through a probation period, and you may lose great opportunities. To overcome this, you need to brand yourself in such a way that people perceive you as an expert even before they hire you either for a paid job or business. That’s exactly what preeminent branding is all about.

In general, there is a huge market demand for experts because experts get the job done, no stories. But being an ‘expert’ is a subjective thing. There is no way to measure someone and certify them as an expert or otherwise. You become an expert with indicators of expertise – which for many people is accidental, but for guys like me, it’s a deliberate effort. How to build that brand as an expert is what this article is going to be about.

Why Qualification & Certifications Isn’t Good Enough
Don’t get it twisted at all, certifications never prove that you are an expert. Really?� That’s because the market is crowded with too many certifications. Certifications just demonstrate mere knowledge, but never expertise. People WILL NOT hire you for what you know, they hire you for the results you can bring. I chronicled a similar thought in this article How to Become a Self Made Digital Marketing Expert 2017

Creating more business opportunities in Nigeria has nothing to do with mere certifications. Certificate really is getting outdated. True that!☹

Now Is it OK to Brand and Market Yourself?
Absolutely YES!

I would attest that the idea of marketing yourself may feel a little creepy when starting out. You have to overcome that hesitation. If you are really good at something, it is your responsibility to let the world know about it.

My branding strategy is based on how companies market their brands to their customers. But it is not the marketing that you see around you. Don’t worry! I am not going to tell you to create banner ads for yourself neither will you need to start an advertising campaign!

How To Be Seen As An “Expert” to get more business opportunities in Nigeria
The web definition of an Expert is a person who is very knowledgeable about or skillful in a particular area.

It is one thing to be an expert, it another thing to be seen or perceived as an expert. Yup!�

As difficult as it is to become an expert – perhaps as difficult as a lifetime of learning, it is the easy part. Making people see you as an expert is the hardest and most important part. You are never going to become an expert for yourself, are you? not even when you want more business opportunities in Nigeria.

Okay, let’s quickly run through what experts do. This will help us to identify how to be seen as an expert.

Experts Write: Experts write books. They also publish great informative articles on their blog. Many people read their blog. They post articles on reputed publications, newspapers, magazines and blogs.
Experts Speak: Experts speak at seminars, do guest lectures at universities, conferences, and workshops.
Experts are Thought Leaders: Experts are not just “I-know-a-lot-of-stuff” people. They also have unique ideas, concepts and theories which they have developed over a period of time. To cut short, they are authorities and thought leaders in their field of work.
Experts Train: Experts also train other people. They charge a lot for the training. The Experts of experts charge even more.
Experts Consult: They work as consultants to many businesses and organizations because… well, they are experts!
You see how experts create more business opportunities in Nigeria? If an expert does none of the above, then it would be quite an uphill for us to accept that he/she is an expert. If you are an expert and you have not started any of the things mentioned above, you want to start immediately.

Here’s My Personal Branding Strategy
If I consider the amazing results my branding strategy has yielded in a short space of 2 years, I feel blown away. I’m pretty convinced it’s working and I can only Imagine where I would be if I continue in this pace in the next 10 years – I’m pretty sure I won’t be any far from being a major brand in Africa like I have always wanted.

With tools like WordPress for Blogging, YouTube for Vlogging and Soundcloud for Podcasting, it is easy to teach people what you want to and get feedback from them.

My personal branding method is tailored for the digital age. Here are the 7 steps involved.

Documenting my Experiences and Ideas
Creating a Brand Identity
Creating Digital & Mass Communication Platforms
Sticking to a Niche
Publish EPIC Articles on my Blog
Write, Speak, Train & Help
Marketing Myself and Scaling!

Read the personal branding method in details using this link: https://dapsdigital.com/business-opportunities-in-nigeria-through-personal-branding/
Well, about 7 months ago I stopped dating because I didn’t need to anymore. It had been over three years and a million dates in 2017 but in 2018 that is for sure no more. I figured if I’ve had success dating then I should probably share that with you so you can hopefully avoid the bad dates and experiences I most certainly in some cases did. I’d looked up a lot of alleged top dating apps and dating sites. Let’s be honest you know what you want in a date after a while for sure especially after a couple long term relationships. If you’re looking for a Valentines Day date, flirt or maybe the one this article I put together with a lot of patience and time dating will surely help you. Best Nigeria Dating Website https://www.flirtnaija.ng

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Truth!!! Anyone Seeking To Make Money Online Must Read This... / Admob And Adsense Accounts For Sale, Not Yet Verified / Recommendations For IT Solutions For Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.