Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? (9007 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Lift Super Eagles’ Spirit Wit $8000,Charges Them 2 Win In Egypt(pix / During My Playing Days, I Used Juju – Taribo / Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
In my continuing campaign against the widespread juju fraud, I ask the question:

Given that:
1. Many Nigerians believe juju claims are credible.
2. Majority of Nigerians want us to progress/win the World Cup, someday.
3. Nigerian juju practitioners/proponents also want Nigeria to do well in the World Cup.

Why can't we use our juju to win the World Cup?

Some may say that juju cannot be used for anything good, however, such claims are promptly discredited by the assertion of tons of juju believers about how juju can make one wealthy, successful in business, in marriage, etc. If these are not "good things", I wonder what is.

So, can any of those who disagree with me on my assertion that ALL juju claims are fraudulent, explain to me why juju cannot help us in the world cup?

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Beaf: 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
Maybe, if not for some very mean juju, we wouldn't have qualified to go to SA. But since juju pass juju, the boys are back without the World Cup. grin grin grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2010
nothing good comes out of juju.it is not meant for progress but backwardness eg curses.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by redsun(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Is nigeria out already?Fu-ck,the spirit of nigeria is dead and it is walloping in limbo.

We need to pour some bloody libations to restore it.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

nothing good comes out of juju.it is not meant for progress but backwardness eg curses.

See below:
RichyBlacK:

Some may say that juju cannot be used for anything good, however, such claims are promptly discredited by the assertion of tons of juju believers about how juju can make one wealthy, successful in business, in marriage, etc. If these are not "good things", I wonder what is.

1 Like

Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
Beaf:

Maybe, if not for some very mean juju, we wouldn't have qualified to go to SA. But since juju pass juju, the boys are back without the World Cup. grin grin grin

Okay, why we no fit go learn that juju way pass our own? Why we still they use outdated, fake or expired juju? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You are missing the point I think. There isn't juju, just the same way there is no God. smiley

@Richy
Wetin amuse me nah the need to "pray" by our players after every match. I wonder, if they had put more effort for there training and tactics whether for for don go far?

Oh speaking of the world cup, anyone notice how our players over the years have these two traditions/ritual - Placing right arm across the chest during national anthem, and then jumping up or clapping once the anthem is over. grin

Finally, may I turn this debate on its head by saying. Nigeria's last progress in terms of football technicality was under Clemens Westerhoff. There is no way, someone like Baba Rashidi Yekini, Amoakachi and co would not have buried the open chance Yakubu (Fatkubu lol) missed. Bloody hell, that was from 5 yards!

1 Like

Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by slap1(m): 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
Juju has kaitastrophic side-effects: Peter Rufai used it against Joseph Dosu and couldn't see the ball clearly in France '98, Yakubu Aiyegbeni used it against Berti Vogts & Largerback and kept on defending the opposition's goal when he should be scoring.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

You are missing the point I think. There isn't juju, just the same way there is no God. smiley

@Richy
Wetin amuse me nah the need to "pray" by our players after every match. I wonder, if they had put more effort for there training and tactics whether for for don go far?

Oh speaking of the world cup, anyone notice how our players over the years have these two traditions/ritual - Placing right arm across the chest during national anthem, and then jumping up or clapping once the anthem is over. grin

actually,i dont believe in juju at all but i do believe in God.
Finally, may I turn this debate on its head by saying. Nigeria's last progress in terms of football technicality was under Clemens Westerhoff. There is no way, someone like Baba Rashidi Yekini, Amoakachi and co would not have buried the open chance Yakubu (Fatkubu lol) missed. Bloody hell, that was from 5 yards!
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by redsun(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nothing can beat responsibilities,diligence,focus,reasoning,determination and hardwork,they are greater than any prayer warrior,alfas or juju man.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2010
say that to the benins grin grin grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Bluetooth

It is an oxymoron to believe in God and not believe in Juju, or as l like to call it, African Voodo Science. cool

Both beliefs are similar if not the same - The belief in imaginary things to make the life of people/things etc better or bad. Depending on how you look at it.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Acidosis(m): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
It will fail. Juju are meant for evil
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

@Bluetooth

It is an oxymoron to believe in God and not believe in Juju, or as l like to call it, African Voodo Science. cool

Both beliefs are similar if not the same - The belief in imaginary things to make the life of people/things etc better or bad. Depending on how you look at it.

they are two different things only if you are atheist
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

they are two different things only if you are atheist

That's a bit weak and wuruwuru to the answer. Try explaining or something.

Most forms of belief subscribe to a higher God of some kind. Even Satanist do too. smiley

Your Pastor claims to pray to the almighty God through Jesus. Your voodoo man calls on all type of sub-gods, demons etc to act as a Gateway etc.

Your Pastor reads from the Bible and prays. Your voodoo man recites incarnations and spells.

You get the picture. There is really no difference between an Iman, Voodoo man and Woli. They are all conning people. grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2010
Why use juju when TB Joshua dey there.

All we need is a sprinkle of his holy ghost water.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

In my continuing campaign against the widespread juju fraud, I ask the question:

Given that:
1. Many Nigerians believe juju claims are credible.
2. Majority of Nigerians want us to progress/win the World Cup, someday.
3. Nigerian juju practitioners/proponents also want Nigeria to do well in the World Cup.

Why can't we use our juju to win the World Cup?

So, can any of those who disagree with me on my assertion that ALL juju claims are fraudulent, explain to me why juju cannot help us in the world cup?

Thank you.

Are you still tryin to prove to us that juju is not real?

We get it. But no matter how you scream, there are still going to be weak minded ppl out there who are going to use juju as their last resort to a problem.

It's also a cultural belief, so trying to explain to ppl that juju is a shenanigan is like trying to explain to some Christians that Jesus Christ does not exist. You're threading on a thin ice lol
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

@Bluetooth

ElRazur,

Though I understand where you're coming from, I agree with Bluetooth. Let me explain.

I am a Christian and I firmly believe juju claims are fraudulent. Also, I believe child witchcraft claims by some churches in Akwa-Ibom; white handkerchief-will-solve-all-your-problems claims; God told our pastor that Baba Jimoh is your husband; etc., are all fraudulent and mere lies.

The similarity between juju and the claims made by some Christian pastors is that they defy logic. However, juju claims, e.g. "if I go wear my ring I go waka inside wall come for the other side", go a step further in this festival of fraud. They not only defy logic but defy fundamental laws of the universe enshrined in the human subject called physics. No human can walk through a wall!

When I started questioning religion and juju, the pastors and Islamic clerics I consulted and asked really hard questions were able to disarm me with the word "faith" (al-iman). within the realm of faith, logic is not really helpful.

www.thefreedictionary.com:

faith  (fth)
n.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.

But, the juju proponents did not stop at faith, they literally believed that their claims would manifest anytime it is tested in real-life. So, while the pastor/imam believes in God/Allah, he will caution you against "testing God" if you point a rifle at your brother to see if God will stop the bullet. However, juju practitioners will claim that, given the right preparations, they will make your brother "fortified" (they love this word!) against any rifle's bullet.

I am yet to meet a Christian who believes that going to scratch the big cross at the altar with a nail will make you die in seven days.
I am yet to meet a juju proponent who will not use death as threat if you do not believe in juju.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
Richy, how do you explain Jesus walking on water?

grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by hackney(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
Mind you JUJU works for and against people that believe in it because it is all in the mind.
the mind is also where the devil does his work and then it manifests in the physical but if you call those
beliefs rubbish it wont do anything (otherwise i would be dead by now)

oyibo dey do oil exploration for east enter shrine dey collect artefacts live! ! nothing! !

I strongly believe that Jesus will not be there and blackmagic (or whatever) will affect me ; WHY? ? ?
( i encourage everyone to have the same belief too)
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Are you still tryin to prove to us that juju is not real?

We get it. But no matter how you scream, there are still going to be weak minded ppl out there who are going to use juju as their last resort to a problem.

It's also a cultural belief, so trying to explain to ppl that juju is a shenanigan is like trying to explain to some Christians that Jesus Christ does not exist. You're threading on a thin ice lol

You're right.

But the difference between Christians and juju believers/proponents is that Christians believe by faith, however, juju claims to have a method to a result, whether you believe or not.

For example, if a juju proponent goes to Benin to make a juju that can be used to kill somebody, and that works this way:
1. Get a piece of white cloth.
2. put the juju on it.
3. Get the person's photograph (black and white - they seem to prefer it for some reason).
4. Call the person's name seven times.
5. Use a knife stained with blood of a white hen.
6. Stab the picture three times.
7. The person will die within three days.

If I tell the person that this will only work for those who "believe" in it (of course it's all gibberish nonsense), do you know the response I'll get? See this one way America don scatter im head. Look, whether you believe or not, dis juju na real and e go kill anybody way dem use am for. Except say the person juju pass the person way make dis one.

Unlike, Christianity or Islam, juju is not based on faith, but on magical claims that defy both logic and the natural laws.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

grin

Easy, I believe Jesus walked on water by faith. See definition of faith if unclear. grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by manmustwac(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

grin
he could have been walking on strategically placed stones  in the sea  wink
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by SEFAGO(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
jesus does not exist lol. He is a figment of your imagination.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Unlike, Christianity or Islam, juju is not based on faith, but on magical claims that defy both logic and the natural laws.

Oga, they are all form of beliefs. Refer back to the examples of similarities I gave to Bluetooth. Don't forget that voodoo have all types and sub types attached to it. Focusing on the magical part, may not be a true representation.

By the way, Muhammed shagging a 9 year old defies logic and natural law. grin
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
manmustwac:

Another possible interpretation.

However, belief by faith puts the discussion outside the realm of logic - the basis of all religions.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by ElRazur: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
SEFAGO:

Are you telling me Santa is not real? Or Spiderman do not exist? Mind you, I saw him climb walls, so it must be true.

manmustwac:

It cannot be, it was in inside the banks of the river iirc. smiley
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Why use juju when TB Joshua dey there.

All we need is a sprinkle of his holy ghost water.
rotflmao grin grin grin grin
ElRazur:

That's a bit weak and wuruwuru to the answer. Try explaining or something.

Most forms of belief subscribe to a higher God of some kind. Even Satanist do too. smiley

Your Pastor claims to pray to the almighty God through Jesus. Your voodoo man calls on all type of sub-gods, demons etc to act as a Gateway etc.

Your Pastor reads from the Bible and prays. Your voodoo man recites incarnations and spells.

You get the picture. There is really no difference between an Iman, Voodoo man and Woli. They are all conning people. grin
in every form of faith,you can always distinguish truth from false.i don't need to consult a priest,imam or pastor before i know what's up.all i know is that there is someone somewhere making things happen.i dont believe life is just a circumstance
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
SEFAGO:

Not true, there is historical evidence of Jesus' existence.

However, the Christian teachings about Jesus are entirely based on faith - belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
RichyBlacK:

You're right.

But the difference between Christians and juju believers/proponents is that Christians believe by faith, however, juju claims to have a method to a result, whether you believe or not.

For example, if a juju proponent goes to Benin to make a juju that can be used to kill somebody, and that works this way:
1. Get a piece of white cloth.
2. put the juju on it.
3. Get the person's photograph (black and white - they seem to prefer it for some reason).
4. Call the person's name seven times.
5. Use a knife stained with blood of a white hen.
6. Stab the picture three times.
7. The person will die within three days.

If I tell the person that this will only work for those who "believe" in it (of course it's all gibberish nonsense), do you know the response I'll get? See this one way America don scatter im head. Look, whether you believe or not, dis juju na real and e go kill anybody way dem use am for. Except say the person juju pass the person way make dis one.

I get what you're saying.

What irks me is why these believers of juju cannt tell the babalawo to use himself as experiment, to demonstrate the juju before they waste their money.
Lol you have arm robbers asking for juju to make them invincible from bullet wounds? Why not juju to make you invisible so you cant be seen while robbing the bank?
Tell the babalawo to put the juju on, shoot am and see if he still lives.

manmustwac:

tehehe, rotl, I was thinking about that.
But I've got an exam to pass, so I no fit question the miracles of God  lipsrsealed
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
ElRazur:

Oga, they are all form of beliefs. Refer back to the examples of similarities I gave to Bluetooth. Don't forget that voodoo have all types and sub types attached to it. Focusing on the magical part, may not be a true representation.

By the way, Muhammed sleeping-with a 9 year old defies logic and natural law. grin

Can you point to me one claim made by a Christian or Muslim outside of faith that defies logic?

Being a Christian/Muslim and also a scientist are reconcilable realities because those religions are based on faith and no logical arguments or actions by humans can interfere with that.

Before the Renaissance, Christian teachings tried to cross that line and claimed the sun revolved round the sun, even against scientific revelations by Nicolaus Copernicus and Galileo Galilei, which showed that the church's position was wrong. Well, today, the church has learned some hard lessons and have accepted the scientific position. See this wiki for an interesting read.
Re: Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? by kobikwelu(m): 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
@topic,

the answer is simple,

juju no dey work overseas grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

William Troost-Ekong Signs Contract Extension With Udinese / How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? / Your Nigerian Footballer Of The Year 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.