Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,689 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? (9000 Views)

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by realG101(m): 9:58pm On Jan 14
Believe it or not, Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Though, I will not deny the fact that the emergence of social media is greatly responsible for showcasing their Era and time on pitch to be better than the likes of Pele and Maradona to name a few. Fandom and viewer participation which saw great advancements due to the social media revolution also contributed to the success of this duo above all other iconic footballers dead or living.

The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has spiced up the world of football in a way that the game has never seen and it will be practically impossible to replicate the Era of this duo anytime soon. (Maybe 1000 years from now).

Anytime I remember that their retirement is around the corner, my heart skips and I know that football for me will never remain the same.

Look at what has become of the once highly competitive la liga. It's now a shadow of itself since the exit of the two greats.

The highly sought after El clasico no longer brings the joy and tension it once did.

Though, we will be counting on the likes of mbappe, Haaland or garnacho to keep the tempo up but Ronaldo and messi will surely leave a gap too wide for anyone to fill.

As we know, all good things come to an end, but I believe we will always have the age long goat debate that will live on even when the two greats hang their boots.

Whether you you are team Messi or a Ronaldo fan boy like myself, everybody who is privileged to witnesses their Era in football will forever cherish their memories. Both of them.

I just personally dread the idea that the moment any of them announces retirement, the rest will be history and I will never see them live on the pitch again.

Are you prepared to miss Messi and Ronaldo on the pitch?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by duduade: 10:09pm On Jan 14
Boots must be hanged

Nothing special

47 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Bestbrain123(m): 11:21pm On Jan 14
We some times made the mistake of conclution before the generation when it was maradona turn.. People like you talk like this. Understand that when you look up to sky their are many stars the night covers... But only in the night we see stars..

11 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by EDOSBROWN: 2:44am On Jan 15
Nothing. Last Forever, there will never be another Mess I or Rinaldo, both are exceptional,and had a splendid career, they are the GOAT..............,.....
The world will miss their rivalry, when they retire. ....,.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Shellsploit: 5:43am On Jan 15
Better than terry g music retirement plan shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by accordadoga21(f): 5:44am On Jan 15
Hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:44am On Jan 15
I don’t understand, in my mind they retired the day they left Europe.

A retirement announcement won’t change anything. I’ve moved on from them, I don’t know about the rest of the world

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by nairalee(m): 5:46am On Jan 15
Well, as a Messi fan, I got closure after he won that world cup. So as far as I'm concerned he's just playing right now to stack up his retirement money..

So the moment Messi retires I'll fill up my glass and cheers to a fulfilled career.

Cheers πŸ₯‚

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by okeyfx(m): 5:46am On Jan 15
Soldier go soldier come, barrack remain the same.

Play this game and earn BTC
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
https:///BTC_Airline_Game_Bot?start=257361917

4 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by SAMTOBIJU(m): 5:47am On Jan 15
What as a beginning must have an end
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by sojisenai(m): 5:50am On Jan 15
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by ghiloman28(m): 5:52am On Jan 15
Are they in anywhere to be found in recent time. Oga make Dey rest so world can focused on upcoming footballers

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Blackfire(m): 5:52am On Jan 15
...and who are they ??

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by sojisenai(m): 5:54am On Jan 15
Calm down OP. I am sure some people said this about the Legendary Pele, Marco Van Basten, Almighty Maradona, Original Ronaldo, Dinho...

Yes, I get your point about the rivalry, but believe me football has a way of surprising generations. To believe that the retirement of those two will be the end of such heights of excitement and arguments is like losing faith in the greatest sport of all time.

Just wait and see. Different Era, different story.

8 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Mentcee(m): 5:54am On Jan 15
Good topic
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Stanweezy(m): 5:59am On Jan 15
To me they have already retired as far as I'm not seeing them again in the European scene competing each other or playing high profile matches.

OP I know you wrote this due to the way Madrid thrashed Barcelona like one division team, no tension, excitement or anxiety.

It was as if Madrid is in training session with Vinicius Jnr scoring hattrick

8 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by APOPTOSIS: 6:01am On Jan 15
For MESSI...
I will desist from watching soccer.
D way Argentina will be retiring the number 10 Jersey.
I would retire to my comfort zone having accomplished the favour of watching the greatest player on earth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by ddippset(m): 6:03am On Jan 15
grin

For me Messi retired on December 18th, 2022.
On that day he completed football.
On that day he retired technically.

Since that day, Joy has not left my heart..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by StanleyMentor1: 6:05am On Jan 15
You don't know what the future holds OP
I'm sure you are very fascinated by the rivalry between both stars, but it doesn't change anything, another era will rebirth, yes it can't be like them, just like them wasn't like the olden times of stars who played before them.
So chill, let's see what the future holds.....or you can still pressure them not to retire πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by ogawisdom(m): 6:08am On Jan 15
Probably overdue they should give way for young stars to emerge

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by jkpbestseries: 6:09am On Jan 15
God will provide

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Enemyofpeace: 6:09am On Jan 15
How does that affect the price of gari in the market?

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by Mihaug(m): 6:10am On Jan 15
Read the news, puf puf pas, 🚬, life goes on
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by unmask: 6:10am On Jan 15
realG101:
Believe it or not, Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Though, I will not deny the fact that the emergence of social media is greatly responsible for showcasing their Era and time on pitch to be better than the likes of Pele and Maradona to name a few. Fandom and viewer participation which saw great advancements due to the social media revolution also contributed to the success of this duo above all other iconic footballers dead or living.

The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has spiced up the world of football in a way that the game has never seen and it will be practically impossible to replicate the Era of this duo anytime soon. (Maybe 1000 years from now).

Anytime I remember that their retirement is around the corner, my heart skips and I know that football for me will never remain the same.

Look at what has become of the once highly competitive la liga. It's now a shadow of itself since the exit of the two greats.

The highly sought after El clasico no longer brings the joy and tension it once did.

Though, we will be counting on the likes of mbappe, Haaland or garnacho to keep the tempo up but Ronaldo and messi will surely leave a gap too wide for anyone to fill.

As we know, all good things come to an end, but I believe we will always have the age long goat debate that will live on even when the two greats hang their boots.

Whether you you are team Messi or a Ronaldo fan boy like myself, everybody who is privileged to witnesses their Era in football will forever cherish their memories. Both of them.

I just personally dread the idea that the moment any of them announces retirement, the rest will be history and I will never see them live on the pitch again.

Are you prepared to miss Messi and Ronaldo on the pitch?
Why did you put Garnacho there? Messi has completed football. He has effectively retired since the world cup. For the other one, nothing will change when he retires. He only got viewing time because he played in the same space as Messi

5 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by ABC101FF: 6:11am On Jan 15
Soja go Soja come. Barrack remains.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by ABC101FF: 6:11am On Jan 15
Soja go Soja come....
Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by DesChyko: 6:14am On Jan 15
Everything must come to an end. At this point, many people are waiting for their respective careers to come to an end. Whatever they are achieving now are whispers of what had been. In the peak of their careers, these milestones were expected, even if they were not met.

They have done well for themselves but time eventually catches up with everything.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by 123readygo: 6:16am On Jan 15
Lol

Are they not retired already. One is playing in the desert with imams and retired players while the other one has gone to the US to enjoy the rest of his life with his family

5 Likes

Re: How Will You Handle The News Of Ronaldo And Messi's Retirement From Football? by GanagiBitrus: 6:21am On Jan 15
It will take over 100years before we will witness another GOATs rivalry in the caliber of Ronaldo vs Messi.

So count yourself lucky to be in the generation that witnessed 2goats gracing the beautiful game. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAF Cancels U-17 African Cup Of Nations / NFF In Disarray Over Keshi / William Troost-Ekong Signs Contract Extension With Udinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.