Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:39 AM

Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month (63485 Views)

Dangote Plans Fuel Exports To Europe, Others / Badagry Market Where Dried Snakes Are Sold / Symbol Exports First Zinc From Nigeria Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by tech18: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2018
I served in Kaltungo,God so kind I didn't see any snake throughout my service year.
1000 per snake that one is another business ooo
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by godwinonyilog: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
King Cobra Venom $153,000 per gallon.

Is one of the most expensive liquid in the world
So don't blame them

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by uplay(m): 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
magzey:
When you walk 100 meters in the bush of Kaltungo you will find about 10 snakes on queue waiting to pass
hahahahah easy bro, which kaltungo are you talking about? You mean my home town? Stop exaggerating
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Ikpongiton: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
docadams:

Who no like money? Just send my engagement fee of #1000.
#1000 is for 1snake .so bring 2snakes first.shey,u no be ibo man ?
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by bomijuwon(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
The state government could sponsor the teeming unemployed youth to train in the production of the venom vercine on produce for export instead of exporting the snakes.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Praktikals(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
kay29000:

Hello. Sorry if my question makes me sound ignorant, but does it mean that snake venom cant kill a horse? We learn everyday... I just want to learn something new today. Thanks in advance.
Its possible. I am sure snake bites ni dey do pigs anything
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
greyham:

There is more to this process bud, if it was this easy, anti-venom would be all over the place

Exactly what I came to say. He had the outline, but much remains. You need lab facilities, quality control, logistics, funding, guarantees of security etc etc.
But he had a point really, we should be doing this in Nigeria.
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
bomijuwon:
The state government could sponsor the teeming unemployed youth to train in the production of the venom vercine on produce for export instead of exporting the snakes.

The teeming youth cannot be mobilized to produce antivenom. It requires a high level of scientific knowledge.
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by ariesbull: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Your mates re exporting technology you are doing this

Who did this to us

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Kabaka100: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
georgeceekay:
I served in Gombe state and I almost didn't want to return because, indeed that state is one so beautiful.

There girls are beautiful and can be know how to care and love a man. Tangele tribe precisely. They live in same kaltungo.

Its interesting that kaltung is said to have the highest number of different species of snakes and also inhabit the deadliest in the world.

In fact, there is a mountain in kaltungo known as snake mountain. It stands in the shape of the head of a snake. Very beautiful and would make you imagine why the connection with the fact that there are lots of snake in the region.

Interesting. Really.

Nigeria is really blessed with natural resources that all these unemployed youths turned ritualist, kidnappers and armed robbers can harness a create an enviable career 4 themselves with some training. If only our people can shift their eye on that oil money and try to see and exploit other resources that they are blessed with

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by docadams: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ikpongiton:
#1000 is for 1snake .so bring 2snakes first.shey,u no be ibo man ?

I get the best investment you can ever imagine in IBO land, Usofia bill to be specific. So I am eminently qualified
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Devgist: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
frowland:
Interesting, I watched a program few weeks ago where some people were crying that there were no anti venom vaccines in Nigeria hospitals and that patients are dying left, right and center...ah! government is useless etc etc.
Today again, I am reading a news now that snakes are exported to Europe.
You know what they do to those snakes? They harvest their venom, process it then ship it back to Nigeria and WE BUY for our hospitals. Is this not crazy?
Surprisingly, to make an anti venom is quite easy.
1. Extract the venom
2. Inject it on a life horse
3. Take the blood of the horse after few hours and extract the white blood cells. Hola that is your anti venom med.
4. Ship it back to Africa and pocket your money.
Where are all our industrial microbiologists...and Lab scientists? Waitin una even go school go do? Too many ways to make money but we are all waiting for Npower.

are there snakes in your area?
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Ikpongiton: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
docadams:

I get the best investment you can ever imagine in IBO land, Usofia bill to be specific. So I am eminently qualified
What is Usofia bill ,for Godsake ?
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Kabaka100: 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
Horus:
The snakes should not be exported, instead Nigerians should themselves extract the venom from the snakes to produce anti-snake venom, and sell it to England. If you export the snakes as raw material, England will sell you back the anti-snake venom coming from your own snakes

No mind them . U know out of laziness and lack of confidence in ourselves, our people like going the easy route to get whatever they want and oyinboman understand this lazy trait of Africans and always knows how to use this weakness to exploit us Africans

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Eziokwugbaoto: 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
Gombe state Governor dey dull sef. If na one Governor like dat he for don create ministry of snake and reptile management carry him cousin's nephew sister make am commissioner. grin
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by docadams: 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ikpongiton:
What is Usofia bill ,for Godsake ?

Osofia's village
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Sarang(f): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
frowland:
Interesting, I watched a program few weeks ago where some people were crying that there were no anti venom vaccines in Nigeria hospitals and that patients are dying left, right and center...ah! government is useless etc etc.
You know what they do to those snakes? They harvest their venom, process it then ship it back to Nigeria and WE BUY for our hospitals. Is this not crazy?
1. Extract the venom
3. Take the blood of the horse after few hours and extract the white blood cells. Hola that is your anti venom med.
Where are all our industrial microbiologists...and Lab scientists? Waitin una even go school go do? Too many ways to make money but we are all waiting for Npower.

For Naija school nah theory nah
They never cover their gutter first..lol

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Ikpongiton: 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
docadams:

Osofia's village
okay! contract to supply snakes,baa ?
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by docadams: 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ikpongiton:
okay! contract to supply snakes,baa ?

Na the matter we de na. Abi?
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by beautyhound(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
frowland:
1. Extract the venom

my brother, it is not as easy as u tink biko. This one is rily hard, forget 9ja factor.
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by beautyhound(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
kay29000:

Hello. Sorry if my question makes me sound ignorant, but does it mean that snake venom cant kill a horse? We learn everyday... I just want to learn something new today. Thanks in advance.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/g561/how-to-make-antivenom-why-the-world-is-running-out/

read this bro

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by beautyhound(m): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
Horus:
The snakes should not be exported, instead Nigerians should themselves extract the venom from the snakes to produce anti-snake venom, and sell it to England. If you export the snakes as raw material, England will sell you back the anti-snake venom coming from your own snakes

ignorance. read this: https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/g561/how-to-make-antivenom-why-the-world-is-running-out/
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Ikpongiton: 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
docadams:

Na the matter we de na. Abi?
which matter again ?shey we don settle.just forward your account details to me.no shaking,na naija we de
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by Mcreloaded(m): 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
frowland:
1. Extract the venom

We also have crude oil but yet we export it and import the refined oil.
Its called the more you look the less you see.
The question you should be asking is who did we offend.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by wasi9ice: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
donbachi:
Hahahahahaha! gombe state no go fit kill me...abeg make i enter bush,go find snakes catch.weda dem go buy...since exportation of snakes don turn business...naim we dey here,dey chop our own...can u imagine.
haahahahahahaha
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by lereinter(m): 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
frowland:
1. Extract the venom

these steps will not be easy to accomplish in nigeria
senators will not gain from it

i remember when i watched the anti venom preparation documentary I was wow: oyinbo people are witches o

they are God's duputy

God is wonderful

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by authority2006(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
chuksila:
Snake is such a creepy animal.. I can't handle such pls

I killed one last Saturday, the other one escaped. Rattlesnakes or vipers my guess.
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by kalu61(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
frowland:
1. Extract the venom

. Did you say i industrial microbiologist
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by tempest01(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
There's nothing hard in making the venom he in Nigeria. Inject a horse with the venom, then take it it's blood, and separate the antibodies to make the anti venom....what project topics are our university students doing?
Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by authority2006(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2018

1 Like

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
frowland:
1. Extract the venom

My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month by naijajobx: 12:50am On Aug 17, 2018
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim / Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.