Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) (31585 Views)

Living As A Disabled Person In Nigeria Is Hard, Scary – Debola Daniel / Owerri Mentally Disabled analyst Rehabilitated, See His New Look With Mother / This Ambulance Drone Is Designed To Save Your Life During Emergencies. (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by proffemi: 7:35am On Aug 17, 2018
Emycord:
check out what comments people made on that thread where an igbo man made a tricycle that runs on electricity and see all the hate in thier speech. now this is coming from a supposed "fellow nigerian" but see how his compatriots pour venom on that thread. and if tomorrow he says i quit and lifts up a biafra flag you will send pythons after him. AND did you not even see africa in my post or you just skipped it?

Yes, I saw his post and ignored because he ended by saying "Pliagarism wee nt kee NIGERIANS"
In other words, the usage of "Aba" is from the usual "Made in Aba". This is no more tribalistic than the "made in Taiwan" that used to be common in the latter years of the last century.

* "Made in Aba" is used by Igbos too, so don't even go there.
** I was not on the tricycle thread, and wasn't even aware of its existence, so I have no comment on that.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by proffemi: 7:42am On Aug 17, 2018
Once we get past this habit of viewing things through the prism of religion or tribe, we will be able to focus on more important things.

For example, posters should make more of the fact that this was allegedly developed by students. That raises serious questions that should be robustly discussed and debated.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by farouk2much(m): 7:42am On Aug 17, 2018
Ago sacham for youtube and see how it works
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Just2endowed2(m): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2018
calddon:
Nice, Thats a clean tech, same has been designed for soldiers years back.

Used in this movie : Edge of tomorrow
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by sniperwolf(m): 7:59am On Aug 17, 2018
Reminds me of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by elonize(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2018
Its gonna cost o
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Pataricatering(f): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2018
post=70349631:
Technology is bae!

Beautiful and impressive!

This invention is up there with the previous great ones.

Thank God for science.

There is HOPE at last for the disabled.
science and God are mutually exclusive abeg ! They don’t meet anywhere , they are not friends ! This is science making the lame walk - we all know how pastors do asharababababa to make the lame walk with fake miracles from God !
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by vitmax(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2018
Techcapon! Always keeping me updated..
Keep up the good work bro
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by MrGoogle88: 8:32am On Aug 17, 2018
Science keeps doing what churches cannot, kudos... grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Paul6P5(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2018
"The exoskeleton suitX is developed by a group of university students and developed for adults and children with neurological disorders that affect their gait, such as spinal cord injuries, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, and cerebral palsy"

God give me the right ideas and vision to help the education section in Nigeria. Amen
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:33am On Aug 17, 2018
cool
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 8:33am On Aug 17, 2018
post=70349631:
Technology is bae!
Beautiful and impressive!
This invention is up there with the previous great ones.
Thank God for science.
There is HOPE at last for the disabled.
WHAT AN IRONY!

1 Like

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Goddyboy95(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2018
This is done here in Nigeria also.... it's a rehabilitative device called Reciprocating gait orthosis having a spinal support.
You can study the course here in Nigeria at FUTO, prosthetics and orthotics department.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by TechCapon(m): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2018
vitmax:
Techcapon! Always keeping me updated..
Keep up the good work bro
thanks

1 Like

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by crafteck(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2018
Oyinbo amaka
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by loganx: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2018
Developed by a group of University Students...
that is what university is about...they get funding from private corporations and carry out research, design and develop.
We need to learn from this...our current crop of professors, majority are daft - i have seen it first hand when i went back for a professional course in one of the leading universities... they still live in the 60s and 70s.
The young lecturers they employ to take over the mantle are mediocre...they can't think outside their written notes
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by BIGDADDY000(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2018
if this is really working, then i think yinka ayefele should order 1,
at least it wil glad my heart if d man can be on is feet again.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by luorquay: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2018
sirusX:
Reminds me of the movie...

Matt Damon - Elysium
Tom Cruise - Edge of Tomorrow

On a serious note though...

A change is needed in our education system...we should be pioneers and not just receipients of hand-me-downs...that's why we have research in schools

If we have the basic knowledge of how things work, we can always fabricate and integrate technology in areas where there is a need for advanced tech

You just said my mind. University students
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2018
Africa is still majorly concerned about paying tithe
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2018
When I see things like this,i feel pity for technologically minded in this country who are not given the opportunity and a conducive environment to express themselves.
Nigeria which way forward?
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by mechanics(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2018
Nice one, a new development.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2018
LibertyRep:
Some of these innovations from 'a group of university students' give clear indication of the quality of university education in those countries.

If Nigeria is to develop, education has to be properly and adequately funded.

I'll love to see Yinka Ayefele walk again.
I agree with you.The problem we have in our educational system is that our education is theory oriented.We are only taught concepts without vigorously practicing its applications.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by khvnggift(m): 11:16am On Aug 17, 2018
Students did dis while in Naija na them dae rush Us dae trend. Naija my uncleland I hail
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by GreatManBee: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

This exoskeleton called SuitX is designed to make you 10 times stronger and make you feel like iron man. These exoskeletons are designed to enhance your strength and help prevent injuries when performing repetitive tasks and can make you carry heavy objects which you normally cannot be able to carry. Apart from that, this suitX will be able to make people who are permanently confine to wheel chairs as a result of spinal cord injuries to be able to work again.

The exoskeleton suitX is developed by a group of university students and developed for adults and children with neurological disorders that affect their gait, such as spinal cord injuries, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, and cerebral palsy. The SuitX is made up of three different components named after the parts of your body they’re protecting: the BackX; the LegX to make it easier to hold a crouched position; and the ShoulderX to reduce strain when working above your head. With the LegX, you can squat for hours without feeling any strain in your legs or knees. It’s like having your own personal chair that goes with you everywhere.

According to a lady who wore the exoskeleton, she said “I feel superhuman. I just lifted a 50 pound box like it weighed almost nothing — no gym time required. I’m wearing an exoskeleton by SuitX that’s supporting my back, using a clever system of springs and clutches to give me a boost”. The suitX can replace the wheel chair in the nearest future if the developers succeed in making it accessible for everyone while making it cheaper and affordable.

WATCH VIDEO HERE

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/this-exoskeleton-is-designer-to-make-you-10-times-stronger/

Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by khvnggift(m): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2018
BuhariM:
Why a professor can't do anything here rather than nagging
All they can do is tel their female students to meet them ina hotel room so as to pass them
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by rezy15(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2018
Will it help bubu lift his load to the golf 2 waiting to convey him back to daura?
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by omoelerin1: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ire2:
This people keep moving forward evryday while our president from daura is busy arresting political opponents. Smh
Many idiot illiterates now have the opportunity to talk just anyhow. Including those who cannot manage a kiosk of provision successfully. Everybody just wants to criticize. No thank to internet.

It is not everything about the govt. Those things are being invented by individual like you or group of people and organisation.

Which new idea have you brought to improve the standard of your family or your immediate environment since when you were born?

Stop being foolishn
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
omoelerin1:

It is not everything about the govt. Those things are being invented by individual like you or group of people and organisation.

Which new idea have you brought to improve the standard of your family or your immediate environment since when you were born?

Stop being foolishn

You are a big fool.

Talking of idea. How many intellectual minds do we have in Nigeria whose dreams are ruined daily because of no platforms such as people in power to endorse their idea? If I have a idea and the government don't encourage innovation, how do I fund my idea to make it a successful project? Abeg I don't have strength to type. Get the Bleep out.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
omoelerin1:
First ask your parents to provide fund for your project.
idiot.

Not my fault your life is bitter.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by noobias(m): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Re: This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) by blingxx(m): 9:27am On Aug 18, 2018
this was inspired by call of duty:warfare and egbe of tomorrow grin... gamers can relate... if you know you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Dangote Donates Lab Capable Of 400 Tests A Day To Kano / Her Stool Contains Blood, What Could Be Happening And Any Solution? / Clamp Down On Mad People In Anambra State Begins (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.