Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

When You Feel So Overwhelmed! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Feel So Overwhelmed! (230 Views)

Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church?? / How Do You Feel When You Fall Under The Anointing / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Feel So Overwhelmed! by Oris01: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I - Psalm 61: 2

Every time I read the Psalms, I understand why David is usually referred to as a friend of God.

Throughout his reign as king, (and even before he became king), he was involved in one battle or the other. Apart from these battles and wars against other nations, David's own household was torn apart by internal conflicts, roots of which could be traced to mistakes he had made in the past. It's not surprising therefore that he felt overwhelmed by it all. There were times when he was elated, at other times he expressed anger, sadness, love,anxiety, and even fear but the secret to his staying power was his close relationship with God; a relationship he cultivated and maintained through continuous communication, worship and appreciation.

David constantly sought the Lord for strength, guidance, grace, protection, peace, provision, succour and so much more. His fellowship with God was also expressed through praise and adoration. Like a new found love, he was never short of words to express his gratitude and love for his maker and daily as he spent quality time with God, he was able to get the much needed rejuvenation to face another day.

His dependency on God was profound, and though his walk through life wasn't infallible, his relationship with God was what saw him through victoriously.

Overwhelmed! That's one word we can all relate to. Sometimes we feel stressed out because of the pressures associated with day to day living but there's one time tested stress reliever, Prayer and Praise - Nothing sustains quite like prayer and praise. Like David, if we make fellowship with God an essential aspect of our day, we will always be refreshed. As our Shepherd, the Lord has promised to lead us besides still waters so we can find refreshment for our souls but only if we come to Him. (Psalm 23: 2-3)

Familiar with the scripture " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"? (Philippians 4:19) It's a scripture that helps us remember that the Lord is our enabler. No matter how many times we ask for His help, it can never be too much. When it feels like we've run out of energy, we can always ask and get recharged!
https://orismorolani..com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Your Obedience Is Secret To Maniford Blessings (2) / California Church With Brewery Plans To Donate Beer Sales To Planned Parenthood / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.