Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Need Help To Build A Food Roster - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Need Help To Build A Food Roster (4835 Views)

Turkey Roster Oven Clearanse Sale At Micostar Mall / Pics From An Accident Involving A Wheel Barrow Pusher & A Food Seller / Something Awesome To Throw In A Food Fight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help To Build A Food Roster by MissIfe(f): 9:11am On Jun 24, 2010
Hello Nairalanders!

First, I have to thank you, because it's with you guys that I learned some of the few nigerian dishes I can cook now wink

I need your help to make a decent food roster for my hubby, who only likes nigerian food. I usually try to cook nigerian food a couple of times a week, and cook western food the rest of the time (that he doesn't eat) but, though he doesn't complain, I know it's not good enough for him.

The thing is that, even though I love nigerian food, it takes a lot of time to cook, and I'm not eager to eat it every day and every meal. So I need a food roster that would allow me to just fix little things up, or use left overs or any other idea you have, so I could cook both nigerian and western food, and my husband would always have a decent meal at home.

I can spend longer time cooking on week ends, and one (sometimes two) evenings a week. The rest of the time, I can't spend much more than 30 min in the kitchen (it takes me less than 20 min to cook a simple western meal,  but I'm used to it and much slower at cooking nigerian dishes).

Do you have any ideas ?

For now, I can only make: regular stew (with semoule or eba if we have some at home), egusi soup, jollof rice, fried rice, beans (I only know how to cook them one way, maybe there are other ways?), I'm learning to cook moi moi (not great yet, but i'm getting better!),  and well, that's it. I can fry eggs, prepare yam (boiled or fried), or fry plaintain,

Any roster I could use for a week/month? Or other dishes that I could learn to make my husband happy ?

Another thing is breakfast, I never know what to prepare for him for breakfast?

Many thanks !
Re: Need Help To Build A Food Roster by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2010
Visit http://www.littlemissgastronome..com/ for daily inspiration : awesome recipes and pictures!
Re: Need Help To Build A Food Roster by OBOBO1: 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2010
for the break fast , tea and bread

lunch, eba and egusi soup or egusi with semo or wheat

dinner , rice and vegetable or rice and stew

try it for now

1 Like

Re: Need Help To Build A Food Roster by MissIfe(f): 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2010
OBOBO1:

for the break fast , tea and bread

lunch, eba and egusi soup or egusi with semo or wheat

dinner , rice and vegetable or rice and stew

try it for now

Ok, I can try that, but is it not "always the same"? I sometimes wonder if my husband always eats the same stuff because we are abroad and can't find proper ingredients/don't know how to cook other dishes or if that's just a normal thing to him, won't it be boring to have rice every evening?

(1) (Reply)

Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt / Hausa, Ibo Or Yoruba: Which Tribe Has The Best Delicacies? / Have You Eaten The Black Chickens From Indonesia (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.