Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,684 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) (29928 Views)

INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki / Mahmood Yakubu Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate Committe (Photos) / Impeachment Notice: PDP Reps Threaten To Block Buhari’s Request On INEC Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by nduehidem(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
So the non sensitive materials used in last elections are not good again? Everything is in Billions. God pls wen next I am coming back to this world don't send me to Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Olukat(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nigeria will never recover again
Outreach activities, voters Education, advertisements how do we separate these three that will gulp over N2b cry
God how can we rescue this country from these heartless people cry

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by judeodion(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

You might be right but also put the following into consideration:
In 2015, dollar was N200, now dollar is N350 and most of the sensitive materials will be imported.

Consider price of fuel from N97 to 145 per litter
This is trash... Rubbish trash. Do we use dollar in nigeria? Why do you need 6b to feed police and you're saying transportation. Am short of words for this your post

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by NigerianBae: 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by uwa1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is so high...
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by NigerianBae: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by NwaliE01: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

In 2015, dollar was N200, now dollar is N350 and most of the sensitive materials will be imported.

Who's to be blamed now?
Previous administration or current.
The budget is highly inflated. Many things are highly inflated. 2billion for food. Are they importing the food also.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by sokera: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
How many 2000 naira do we have in 6billion naira ... 6 billion to feed Police ? Jesus who is doing this to us in Nigeria ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Adebowale89(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
why are you people wailing. buhari is an impeccable honest man according to one educated ediot

may God redeem Nigeria from this man full of nonchalant attitude and his goons

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by SHNAYAJO: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
WTF!! DIS IS BROAD DAY STEALING.. what!!
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by jamace(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

Is it not PMB who caused the escalations?

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Minjim: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is just daylight robbery, abegg!

I'll still blame Buhari because people have the audacity to draw up this outrageous budget.
It's an insult to hardworking Nigerians
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by jamace(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Padded and Hyper inflated budget.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by lucy10(f): 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
And Buhari led Government is fighting corruption. Who is fooling who
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by rottennaija(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
tomakint:

You can imagine just take a look at the N6 billion to cater for feeding of the police shocked shocked are they feeding the whole of West African Police?

on inec's budget...meals for police

Let's do some Maths people.

N6,000,000,000 / N1,000 per meal = 6,000,000 meals.�

6,000,000 meals� / 2 days of elections = 3,000,000 policemen�

Let's assume the policemen are fed twice daily. That means:
3,000,000 / 2 meals� = 1,500,000 policemen.�

Now the question is: Is INEC deploying up to 1,500,000 policemen� for the 2019 elections? Because the last time I checked, Nigeria has about 300,000 cops in employment.�

Unfortunately, you don't calculate like that. This is a budget,it doesn't mean all that will be used, but allowances has to be created for miscellaneous.

Also, feeding of policemen does not mean it will. Be a two times a day feeding. Don't forget, the police will be stationed after the election is over, the whole night until everything is counted and collected and result announced.

The Corp members used in the exercise will have to be fed too. Don't forget, they will also be there the whole night before the exercise and after. They staff will also be fed.

The point I am making is, when preparing a budget, it is better you have a surplus than needed than end up having wants. From my experience, the title feeding of police may just be a subhead or title used to include all sort of feeding
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by gmercy713: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
Watch them as they relate the rate of dollar to naira is the main cause of this inflated prices budget.

What if the spend billions just to get an opposition party win? It won't be funny tho. smiley

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by gmercy713: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
rottennaija:

Unfortunately, you don't calculate like that. This is a budget,it doesn't mean all that will be used, but allowances has to be created for miscellaneous.

Also, feeding of policemen does not mean it will. Be a two times a day feeding. Don't forget, the police will be stationed after the election is over, the whole night until everything is counted and collected and result announced.

The Corp members used in the exercise will have to be feed too. Don't forget, they will also be there the whole night before the exercise and after. They staff will also be fed.

The point I am making is, when preparing a budget, it is better you have a surplus than needed than end up having wants.

What then happen to the surplus after the election?

Kindly explain.

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by jibs4lv(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
tomakint:

You can imagine just take a look at the N6 billion to cater for feeding of the police shocked shocked are they feeding the whole of West African Police?

on inec's budget...meals for police

Let's do some Maths people.

N6,000,000,000 / N1,000 per meal = 6,000,000 meals.�

6,000,000 meals� / 2 days of elections = 3,000,000 policemen�

Let's assume the policemen are fed twice daily. That means:
3,000,000 / 2 meals� = 1,500,000 policemen.�

Now the question is: Is INEC deploying up to 1,500,000 policemen� for the 2019 elections? Because the last time I checked, Nigeria has about 300,000 cops in employment.�
It's funny when I see people saying election is 2 days . So both gov , rep , senator and others are 2 days lolz.

Nigeria will only move forward when we see truth and say it the way it is but if I were you , I will think about this� because we can't just be talking about figure and left out the calculation.

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Tijay90(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
National fraud.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by LordIsaac(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mƴ own concern lies with feeding policemen. Aren't they puɓlic servants that must ɓe on grounɗ 24/7? Are they not working for their salaries? Which other parastal buɗgets for feeding? Someone should educate me.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Rmpopman: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
abeg u no dey follow news wen police announce how much dem wan take feed dogs and horses....you travel dat period?abeg ask your ancestors...
Afamed:

Tell us how much was budgeted to feed and treat dogs, horses and your source?

cc:Nbote
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by saintol(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
94 million for SMS, do you want to text them in heaven too?
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by waveman2: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Are they not illiterates,they reason with one side of their brain.

judeodion:

This is trash... Rubbish trash. Do we use dollar in nigeria? Why do you need 6b to feed police and you're saying transportation. Am short of words for this your post
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by AfonjaSlaves(f): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
can they share the money and allow the dullard to continue his mumurism
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Otunba2004(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

I knew you must give excuses in behalf of your master those things you mentioned dollars and price of fuel who made it high, it is your master Buhari so you don't have any point just keep your dirty mouth shut.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by DeOTR: 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
rottennaija:

The Corp members used in the exercise will have to be fed too. Don't forget, they will also be there the whole night before the exercise and after. They staff will also be fed.

The point I am making is, when preparing a budget, it is better you have a surplus than needed than end up having wants. From my experience, the title feeding of police may just be a subhead or title used to include all sort of feeding
You should note that feeding of INEC Adhoc staff is different from that of the Police. The Police get paid for the special duty so I don't understand the need for it
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by edibobo: 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nigeria we hail thee.... this so-called budget was inflated in tripples
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Obason22(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
feeding of police, 6 billion, SMS 94 million.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by coolscott(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
This shows the level of contract inflation that has possibly become the norm in the system.

Reminds me that the ministers do not want to come and defend the expenditure of the money allocated to their ministries in the last budget.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
The things we see in Nigeria ehhn....

Okay Na.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Otunba2004(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
buharitill2023:
so what is annoying you is because buhari will win,
But if they use the money to rig buhari out, you will like the fraud.
but why can't you be Buhari for once,
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Afamed: 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nbote:

Do U have comprehension issues or jus intentionally playing dumb and ignoring d facts Did U even read it? Don't lemme help U...

I don't trade Banters with kids. The breakdown on INEC website does not involve feeding of dogs and Horses.Ignorantly if you choose to believe the breakdown from Punch or Guardian, that's your cup of tea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clement Ebri NWC Panel Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primary / Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations / Forgery: Why We Dropped Charge Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.