Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,238 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) (29941 Views)

INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki / Mahmood Yakubu Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate Committe (Photos) / Impeachment Notice: PDP Reps Threaten To Block Buhari’s Request On INEC Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

You might be right but also put the following into consideration:
In 2015, dollar was N200, now dollar is N350 and most of the sensitive materials will be imported.

Consider price of fuel from N97 to 145 per litter

like say u Don De mad.
6 billion to feed policemen just for less than 24 hours.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by sureheaven(m): 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
You can imagine just take a look at the N6 billion to cater for feeding of the police shocked shocked are they feeding the whole of West African Police?

on inec's budget...meals for police

Let's do some Maths people.

N6,000,000,000 / N1,000 per meal = 6,000,000 meals.�

6,000,000 meals� / 2 days of elections = 3,000,000 policemen�

Let's assume the policemen are fed twice daily. That means:
3,000,000 / 2 meals� = 1,500,000 policemen.�

Now the question is: Is INEC deploying up to 1,500,000 policemen� for the 2019 elections? Because the last time I checked, Nigeria has about 300,000 cops in employment.�

Pls use ur brain once, u only mentioned police, what of civil defense, custom officers, road safety, man o’war. There are lots of security agents to be involved in the process.
The 6bn feeding is not too much. Don’t forget many will work for at least 3 or more days.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Askng(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
Elections can be conducted with minimal cost where Technology is imbibed

unfortunately Nigerian government still values paper money and device every means to steal from a huge budgets

all over the world people conduct elections using modern technology without stress but Nigeria is a dangerous place to think and a risky place to argue

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by vertueptime: 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

In 2015, dollar was N200, now dollar is N350 and most of the sensitive materials will be imported.

Are we buying fuel? Lol

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by lastclaire4(f): 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

Which of the sensitive materials are imported? Those ballot papers are printed in Nigeriatric by private individuals they are two companies handling that in Abuja. Don't be deceived.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by masterpix(m): 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

How is it our business, they caused the dollar hike main while the budget is almost 3 times higher than before. In obasanjo regime he spent 84billion to conduct election in Good luck time He spent 94billion also

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Judolisco(m): 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
Inec feeding policemen when they have their budget 700mn for foreign observers that have their own body funding them.... angry
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by OhiOfIhima: 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
LordIsaac:
Mƴ own concern lies with feeding policemen. Aren't they puɓlic servants that must ɓe on grounɗ 24/7? Are they not working for their salaries? Which other parastal buɗgets for feeding? Someone should educate me.

This is where I have problem.. This tin up is almost happen in every private n public offices. You will have an appointment wit dem but dey will be like you must drop sometin before ur work done. Are these peoples not working n be paid.. I gat d experience from both high court n magistrate court here in Lagos.. It piss me up. When I was novice in d system.. They really make money on my head but now I stood my ground oo. When dey find out u are not smiling. They will stylishly turn it to joke.. Hehehe

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Frankiss44(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
rottennaija:

Unfortunately, you don't calculate like that. This is a budget,it doesn't mean all that will be used, but allowances has to be created for miscellaneous.

Also, feeding of policemen does not mean it will. Be a two times a day feeding. Don't forget, the police will be stationed after the election is over, the whole night until everything is counted and collected and result announced.

The Corp members used in the exercise will have to be fed too. Don't forget, they will also be there the whole night before the exercise and after. They staff will also be fed.

The point I am making is, when preparing a budget, it is better you have a surplus than needed than end up having wants. From my experience, the title feeding of police may just be a subhead or title used to include all sort of feeding

That's how you people keep making excuses for these thieves... The more excuses you make the more they have audacity to come up with budgets like this
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Crowny11(f): 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
the one wey vex me na d foreign observers. we all no all this guys are independent so Plssssssssssssssssssssssssss aw dem go take track dem pay dem o
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by zone51: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
surgical:
why would inec be sending SMS to 35million people

Now, that is the question. cheesy cheesy
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
adem30:

What kind of talk is this Oga? What has dollar got to do with feeding among others? Abeg stop this jooor
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Alanzazani: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
fee for solicitors? Are we normal in this country for crying out loud. The national assembly should scrutinize this budget well. The riggers are trying to use every possible means to siphon money. Like Peter Obi said in his lecture today,Our leaders are not the problem but we the docile followers. They know anything they tell us will sail. Some nincompoops aka zombies will see this and still justify the budget

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Afamed: 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nbote:

Do U have comprehension issues or jus intentionally playing dumb and ignoring d facts Did U even read it? Infact lemme help U since U can't read.

So what's ur nxt excuse now??
Don't be clever by half, go to INEC website, the real election budget is over there.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by okey777(m): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
INEC to feed security men with #6billion naira in 2018 election. Nigerians has 371,800 policemen nationwide, NSCDC has less than 200,000 men. The INEC Chairman says each security officer will be given #1,000 each day of the 3 saturdays of election.
That is police + NSCDC × 3,000
Police 371800
Nscdc 200000
Total 571800 × 3000 = #1,715,400,000
Now budget= #6,000,000,000
Less expenses 1,715,400,000
Surplus #4,284,600,000
This nation is really great!!!..

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by RexTramadol1: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Puking.
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Afamed: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Rmpopman:
abeg u no dey follow news wen police announce how much dem wan take feed dogs and horses....you travel dat period?abeg ask your ancestors...
Police announced how much dem want take feed dogs- Beer parlour talk. Hide your face. The disclaimer would be hired again on Channels TV by INEC Chairman, endeavor to watch it by 10pm in Channels news
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Nbote(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
Afamed:

Don't be clever by half, go to INEC website, the real election budget is over there.

So U want to pretend not to b aware of d Virement proposal d President sent Oga silence would have been beta than ur lame excuses at justifying dis nonsense.. I'm sure U are not aware or intentioning ignoring d fact dat d President sent those proposal to d National Assembly for approval but U'll rather feign ignorance...
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by lastempero: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
Another armed robbery attack on Nigerians shocked
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Afamed: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Nbote:

So U want to pretend not to b aware of d Virement proposal d President sent Oga silence would have been beta than ur lame excuses at justifying dis nonsense.. I'm sure U are not aware or intentioning ignoring d fact dat d President sent those proposal to d National Assembly for approval but U'll rather feign ignorance...
I have given you a direct information.The INEC Chairman made it clear, there was no discrepancy in what the president presented and what he presented in to the Senate committee on Election matter. No budget for dogs nor budget for horse. But if you still want to believe in the absurdities you heard from Punch or Guardian, it's your liberty but don't commit atrocities to the detriment of the general public. Listen to news on Channels by 10pm , you will hear better and direct from the INEC Chairman.

cc: Nbote
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Franky9584(m): 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
wot do u expect bf.....9ja is a failed state
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by fergie001: 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
emuzik2flower:
do they ever feed policemen... na politicians dey rush them
As in,its too much.....
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by HomeOfMe(f): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
[quote author=Nbote post=70363340]Hehehehe... Dis one is a strong something... How can a budget dat doesn't include card readers be higher than d one dat included card readers??
94million for SMS?? Are they texting Nigerians d results??
How exactly are voter Education, Outreach activities and Interface with groups budgeted for differently?? Aren't dey all d same thing?
Over 7Billion budgeted for logistics and dey shamelessly included 55mil for logistics technical Officers??
Dis ppl will finish us by d tym dey are done.. [/quoteHalf of the money is going to be used to buy voters like they did in ekiti

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by HomeOfMe(f): 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
gentlemayor:
In the image below you will find the 2019 INEC breakdown of their budget.

What do you think of this?
More than half of the budget is for sharing amongst themselves,then a part of it for buying people's votes
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by seguno2: 1:08am On Aug 18, 2018
slotA4:
....and una say Buhari get integrity?

grin grin
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by ada9ja(f): 1:43am On Aug 18, 2018
Nbote:

Egbon no provoke me abeg... Do U know how much was budgeted to feed and treat dogs and horses?? Imagine d duplication on dat list but I'm sure U don't see it

Why are some of U like dis?? It is now very obvious Ur brain is not only paining U but ur sense is missing. U asked for links I gave U 3 and now both guardian, punch and pulse are no longer credible? Did U hear of d Virement proposal d President sent to d National Assembly? It is contained in d links I posted but as usual instead of face and present ur own facts, U react quite predictably...

Bros nothing is high there just simple hatred for the president, this is USA election budget for 2016

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Sleekfingers: 4:36am On Aug 18, 2018
comshots:
Election in Nigeria is too expensive.No be say the politicians dey reliable sef.

What a wasteful country. That huge amount of money on mere election. But it will be difficult for them to approve money for education and hospitals.

I pity this country

2 Likes

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by Sleekfingers: 4:49am On Aug 18, 2018
sureheaven:
You can imagine just take a look at the N6 billion to cater for feeding of the police shocked shocked are they feeding the whole of West African Police?

on inec's budget...meals for police

Let's do some Maths people.

N6,000,000,000 / N1,000 per meal = 6,000,000 meals.�

6,000,000 meals� / 2 days of elections = 3,000,000 policemen�

Let's assume the policemen are fed twice daily. That means:
3,000,000 / 2 meals� = 1,500,000 policemen.�

Now the question is: Is INEC deploying up to 1,500,000 policemen� for the 2019 elections? Because the last time I checked, Nigeria has about 300,000 cops in employment.�

Pls use ur brain once, u only mentioned police, what of civil defense, custom officers, road safety, man o’war. There are lots of security agents to be involved in the process.
The 6bn feeding is not too much. Don’t forget many will work for at least 3 or more days.

Mathematician.

1 Like

Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by RealityShot: 6:44am On Aug 18, 2018
This has already compromised the CREDIBILITY of the coming elections
Re: INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) by RealityShot: 6:46am On Aug 18, 2018
Sleekfingers:

What a wasteful country. That huge amount of money on mere election. But it will be difficult for them to approve money for education and hospitals.

I pity this country
exactly...

That amounts supercedes The total education budget for the last 4years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buratai Reduced Army To Fulani-Hausa Muslims Caucus - Intersociety / Appeal Court Upholds ₦50M Damages Against Abbo For Slapping Intima Gadget Seller / Ben Murray-Bruce Kissing His Wife And Mother At Nigerian High Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.