Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. (617 Views)

Amaju And Chris Giwa Fighting For NFF Leadership / Keshi: I ’m Still Waiting For NFF Offer / Federal High Court In Abuja Declares NFF And NFL Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. by Marymos: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
It wasnt a suprise to me on the wooeful performance of the super eagle in the on going world cup in South Africa.I saw it coming.Where are all those calling for the employment of foreign coach?Why didnt Lars Largerback perfom the miracle or perhaps the expected magic.Amodu and Keshi would have done better.Lars Lagerback may be a good coach but we saw how he displayed is lack of understanding of our players.You can imagine allowing Yakubu to have a field day even when he could not perform,benching osaze for what ever reason known to him.He was unable to respond to tactical situation.NFF on their on part failed to do what they are suppose to do.Amodu would have done better.Is nemesis that caught up with NFF and Those Nigerians that called for the sack of Amodu.A man that labour twice and ensure we qualify for the world cup and the best way to reward him is to sack him.What a shame and pity.
Re: Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. by tzak10101: 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2010
mary well i dont accept wit u full cos d coach tried is best but the players seems to lack concentration, imagine yakubu losing dat precious, was it da coach dat ask him nt to score
Re: Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. by Marymos: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2010
90% of the present super eagle players are write up.I hope we've learnt our lesson so that what happen in 1978 will not repeat itself.
Re: Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. by omar22(m): 11:13am On Jun 25, 2010
Amodu and Keshi would have done better.Lars Lagerback may be a good coach but we saw how he displayed is lack of understanding of our players………

Amodu had the job since 2008……, can you show me any sign that the players showed some understanding … e.g Passing the ball from A => B, in reference to Keshi Tell how did Mali performed at the last Nations cup? and we are talking a team that had far better players than Nigera
Re: Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 25, 2010
omar22:

Amodu had the job since 2008……, can you show me any sign that the players showed some understanding … e.g Passing the ball from A => B, in reference to Keshi Tell how did Mali performed at the last Nations cup? and we are talking a team that had far better players than Nigera

I have never been a fan of Amodu and neither was I sorry for him when he was sacked because I knew he will be sacked when he was hired. he was hired to fail and thus wet the appetite of Nigerians for a Foreign Coach. He was never the best coach at the time he was hired.

Lagerback on the other hand has not achieved anything in football. read his CV, it is a litany of where and where he spent times as coach without any mention of silvawares he won. And it is perhaps because he has never won anything.

The man took up this job to get us to Semi Finals. He knew the situtation and how much time he had before he took salaries deserving of only those plotting to win the world cup. then out of 9 points in group stages he gets one.

All of a sudden everybody want to hold him to a different standard. give him more time!!!!!!!!!! well why did we not give Amodu more time? I never remembered anybody keeping this much faith on Amodu. So why should we keep faith on Lagerback. He has failed and he should kindly go.
Re: Super Eagle Failure:bitter Lesson For Nff And Nigerians. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2010
There are no bitter lessons so bitter that they would instantly or gradually become innovative, pro-active or efficient.

The Institution of NFF was created for one purpose only and that is prolong corruption via soccer events, whether we host it or participate, the amount of funds put into it does not impact on the eventual performance.

It is not a case for mis-management or poor-education or lack of international exposure. it is simply corruption and it won't change anytime soon angry

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Football Federation(association) Elections Postponed / Enyeama Deserves To Be On Caf African Player Of The Year Award List- Amunike / Osaze Goofed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.