Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,168 members, 7,953,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

An Eye Witness Account In Port Harcourt By Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Eye Witness Account In Port Harcourt By Election (396 Views)

An Eye Witness Report of Lagos-Ibadan Railway, Fagba Axis - Photos / Rivers State House Of Assembly By-election Results Update / APC Candidate Wins Controversial Kogi By-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Eye Witness Account In Port Harcourt By Election by Lloydfather(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2018
I went to port harcourt yesterday without knowing there was election going on around emenike and that happened to be my destination. The cab guy that took me from the air port after talking with the person I can to visit brought me to Okija street after much try to dodge all the road block mount by the Nigeria military men. On getting to the Okija street I call my customer, he told me to come down from the cab because there was also road block there and walk down to the round about and call him. As I reached the round about were I noticed was the collation office for the election, I saw so many military men with their truck, I also saw alot of mobile police men. And some musclar security guy that look like sars (many of them). there were some other guys that looks like cult guys very freighted ones walking in group by groups and were also sipping dry gins. I was afread that I can't go more further. I decided to sit around were the Hausa people were selling Suya and observe the whole scene. What I noticed was that the cult guys were free to move around the military men with easy. I suspect they were working together. Reason was other civilian were raising there hands up while crossing the road but this frighten cult guy (I assume they were). Were seen walking freely around the military men without raising their hand up. Then again I heard some men who came out from around the collation center because of fear that something bad might happened with the way the military is handling the issues and aiding the APC agents. One Of them said while he was close around were those guys that looks like sars were he heard their conversations, that their tone sound more like MILITANTS and not sars. But the highest embarrassment was when there was a commotion in the collation center one group ( THUGS) drive down to the round about with their hilux truck where the Nigeria Armies were and start shooting harassing guns. They shoot for about 5 minutes and left. After they left some people were saying they are OJE boys hope I got the spelling well. Immediately it was 4:00pm it started raining and everyone around the collation center left because of the rain. 30minutes when the rain stopped no everyone have left accept some area guys that were patrolling up and down while I find my way.

To me this is not an election but a complete intimidation.
With this attitude of win it at all cost Nigeria is heading to Rwanda.
Re: An Eye Witness Account In Port Harcourt By Election by dingbang(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2018
E voting will get rid of all these nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel: A Man Akwa Ibom Can Trust / State Coordinators For Youth Arise 2019 Movement; Application Now Open / Meet The Incorruptible And People Oriented MFR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.