Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip (567 Views)

VIDEO: What Reno Omokri Told An Angry Peter Obi Supporter / Igbo Elders Endorse Peter Umeadi Of APGA For President / Election: Igbo Elders Sing Buhari Victory Song, Do The 4+4 (pix Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2018
Went to an Igbo cultural event today, I knew it was suspect because in all of my years of traveling to Africa it was the first tribal cultural event that was kicked off with a white Jesus prayer. Had an interesting discussion afterwards. I was told that the original Igbo were white and that when the Igbo migrated to Igbo land/ Africa they were burnt black by the African sun. But some weren't fully burnt that's why some Igbo are light skinned. He then points to the red bone Igbos to prove his point.He then said that Israelis are going to one day descend on Nigeria and help them build Biafra. I asked him "Why would they come and save you all when they are kicking all of the Africans out of Israel and the Ethiopian Falashans barely get any respect." He responded "That they will come and save us, because we are Hebrews and we used to be white." He had a straight face the entire time. For some reason I used to think Igbos went to war to fight against oppression I'm all for supporting the oppressed, I just hope millions of people didn't die over this buffoonery.

1 Like

Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by vanbonattel: 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Afonjas on the loose again

No location or town mentioned
No names of anyone mentioned
No pictures of the man speaking
No background to see if they are in a desert
No links to any factual reporting
nothing at all,

Just another non Igbo fantasising about the blessed Igbo race.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
I was told that the original Igbo were white and that when the Igbo migrated to Igbo land/ Africa they were burnt black by the African sun!!

A. K. I. K. A shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by vanbonattel: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
Freedem:
Went to an Igbo cultural event today, I knew it was suspect because in all of my years of traveling to Africa it was the first tribal cultural event that was kicked off with a white Jesus prayer. Had an interesting discussion afterwards. I was told that the original Igbo were white and that when the Igbo migrated to Igbo land/ Africa they were burnt black by the African sun. But some weren't fully burnt that's why some Igbo are light skinned. He then points to the red bone Igbos to prove his point.He then said that Israelis are going to one day descend on Nigeria and help them build Biafra. I asked him "Why would they come and save you all when they are kicking all of the Africans out of Israel and the Ethiopian Falashans barely get any respect." He responded "That they will come and save us, because we are Hebrews and we used to be white." He had a straight face the entire time. For some reason I used to think Igbos went to war to fight against oppression I'm all for supporting the oppressed, I just hope millions of people didn't die over this buffoonery.

how old are you, son?

4 Likes

Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by proeast(m): 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2018
This is unarguably the most senseless piece of article I have read in recent times. The person that wrote this trash needs serious help. Igbos did this, Igbos did that yet allow them to have Biafra and be on their own you all say no. What exactly is the problem of you lots in this obodo Nigeria? You have shown how much you hate someone yet you want that person to still remain with you, is that not madness??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by Alejoc(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
I am an Afonja descendant and I love and respect my Igbo friends and brother.... I am proud to tell you that the admiration is mutual.....we have more in common than what seems to push out apart.

We are not a function of past and present leader action or inaction.... We are here writing our own history!
Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by knowledgeable: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
Freedem:

The word "Igbo" has become a brand that gives oxygen to nairaland. Seun must have an Igbo day in nairaland calender to celebrate "Ndi Igbo". This will be your most strategic decision you must make on nairaland moving forward.
Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by gidgiddy: 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Freedem:

Is there something wrong with you? What has the ancestry of Igbos got to do with the war?
Re: See What Igbo Elders Told An African American On A Cultural Trip by velocity25(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Igbo this, Igbo that una never tired? #IgboAmaka

(1) (Reply)

Why We Removed Buhari By IBB / Thousands Begs Adelabu To Run For Governor... / APC Members Should Be Allowed To Votes Leaders By Direct Primaries - Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.