Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,560 members, 7,847,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

I Don't Regret Being A Yoruba Actor - Femi Adebayo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don't Regret Being A Yoruba Actor - Femi Adebayo (309 Views)

I Don't Regret My Actions - Portable Says After Headies Award Disqualification / Despite Not Loving Wizkid Again, I Don't Regret Meeting Him - Baby Mama / Actor Femi Adebayo And His Beautiful Wife In Adorable Selfie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Regret Being A Yoruba Actor - Femi Adebayo by metronaija5: 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
Auto Draft
Femi Adebayo has expressed his unflinching love for being a popular actor featuring mostly in Nollywood movies rendered in Yoruba language.

In a chat with Punch, the actor says he has no regret being addressed as a Yoruba actor because it has exposed him more to the culture and race.

Given another chance, I would still prefer to come into the industry as a Yoruba actor because it has made me know my culture," the actor said.

Continuing, Adebayo said, "The only difference between an English and Yoruba movie is the language but the reaction as well as interpretation, most times, are the same. All my days in school, I was taught a foreign culture and language. Later, I had the opportunity of learning about my culture, which I would not have learnt if I had started as an English actor. Majority of the people who started with English movies don’t have the opportunity I have had."
Auto Draft
English movies make more money than Yoruba movies - Femi Adebayo

Femi Adebayo has also admitted that there was no way Yoruba actors would earn more than English actors.

However, the 'Gbewiri' actor said many Yoruba actors are very comfortable and better appreciated outside their environment.

He said, “English is a general language and it is universally accepted, unlike the Yoruba language. We cannot expect a Yoruba movie to have the same audience as an English movie. The majority of Yoruba movies’ fans are Yoruba people. Based on this, English movies make more money because it has a wider market. But I don’t regret being a Yoruba actor. We have many Yoruba actors who are very comfortable and Yoruba actors are better appreciated outside their environment than English actors. We get more accolades from our fans.”

Femi Adebayo currently combines his political appointment as the Special Assistant on Arts, Culture and Tourism to the Kwara State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed with acting.

Femi, one of the sons of Adebayo Salami aka Oga Bello, became a big name in the industry after featuring in hit Yoruba movie, Owo Blow.

http://www.metronaija.ng/i-dont-regret-being-a-yoruba-actor-femi-adebayo/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: I Don't Regret Being A Yoruba Actor - Femi Adebayo by itspzpics(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nicee one
Re: I Don't Regret Being A Yoruba Actor - Femi Adebayo by Kingpee2(m): 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
why Should you even regret it in any way ,you are still on the spotlight,imagine if you no come blow at all nko ?

(1) (Reply)

Late Day Of Ras Kimono, Buried In Tear Among Friends And Family / Simi Snags First Movie Role In A Kunle Afolayan Movie / Jim Iyke Debunks Airport Arrest, Says It’s Blogs Sensationalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.