Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Jim Iyke Debunks Airport Arrest, Says It’s Blogs Sensationalism - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jim Iyke Debunks Airport Arrest, Says It’s Blogs Sensationalism (300 Views)

Jaruma Speaks After Her Arrest, Says She Will Be Nigerian President / Kemi Olunloyo Reacts To Bobrisky Arrest, Says We have Lost Freedom In Nigeria / Jim Iyke, Tboss & Tonto Dikeh At COZA Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Debunks Airport Arrest, Says It’s Blogs Sensationalism by Soundgad: 6:45am On Aug 29, 2018
https://www.godgobless.com/2018/08/jim-iyke-debunks-airport-arrest-says.html?m=1

Jim Iyke
Nollywood superstar actor, Jim Iyke has debunked the reports making rounds that he was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed Airport on Monday following a bust up with a security personnel of Dana Air after having allegedly missed his flight.

Jim Iyke who spoke exclusively with Vanguard Ripples said there was no arrest of any sort, adding that it was mere sensationalism and mischief on the part of mediocre bloggers to get stories out without recourse to proper assessment of situations and thorough investigation.

“There was no arrest. I was running late for a Dana flight. I had a meeting scheduled at Providous Bank. I sent my driver and associates with my luggage ahead. They did all they could to delay the flight. I arrived terribly late and as my PA made to cross the security with my cabin briefcase he got into a heated argument with the personnel.

“I got to the scene and consequently missed the flight. We were all upset and ungentlemanly words were said across both divides. The airport police arrived on the scene and we decided not to make a public fanfare as tempers had died down and we wanted it resolved. We went to the office downstairs and resolved the matter like civil men in less than 30 minutes and apologies were tendered all around. The same staff were mailable enough to rebook me on the 3.50pm and even ushered me to the plane to exhibit their goodwill and lack of ill feeling.

“You must understand that these blogs thrive on sensationalism to attract traffic. Research and proper investigations or even to advocate for the take of both sides seem like an uphill task nowadays. The only element that holds sway is the obsession to get the news out first at the detriment of the truth and true professionalism, he said, obviously pissed with the way some blogs sensationalized the situation.”

“Pulse and net.ng had the commendable integrity and character to call first and ask my take. Apparently the others that posted were acting true to their stereotype. I’m an extremely busy man. This incident happened yesterday and both parties ended it on the most congenial of terms anyone else that is so caught up in their feelings to live in my hindsight is welcomed. I’ve pushed the matter to that mental recess that contribute to the lessons of life. Dana handled it professionally and I ended up on the same service back to Abuja to go about my business. All that ends well ends well,” he added.

Source:https://www.godgobless.com/2018/08/jim-iyke-debunks-airport-arrest-says.html?m=1

Lalasticlala
FynestBoi
Mynd44
Seun
Thegeneralqueen

(1) (Reply)

Olamide Is One Of The Best Rapper-mi Abaga / Jeff Lutz Net Worth And 1 / My Mission Is To Preach Gospel, Not Make Money – Gospel Musician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.