Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It (1065 Views)

Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice / For MEN: When Last Did You Cry? / 10 REALLY Annoying Things Parents Say To Teens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by frank317: 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
My fellow nigerians, wen last did u hear your parents say i love u 2 each other? Honestly in all my twenty somtin years of living i have never heard either of my parent say i love u 2 each other. Does this affect d kids? Pesonaly i want 2 say it every day 2 my wife
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by ElRazur: 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2010
It do not affects the kids perse, it is more or less the norm. However, love and affection are shown in different ways - Via buying of clothes, etc.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Diva20(f): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2010
lol my parents used to peck each other a lot even when we're in public lol. I'm sure they still do it now.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2010
ElRazur:

It do not affects the kids perse, it is more or less the norm. However, love and affection are shown in different ways - Via buying of clothes, etc.

i think it DOES affect the kids because they will believe that this is the way to go about life. children imitate their parents so men would grow up thinking that they dont need to say it to their spouse to live a happy life.

i heard my parents say it all the time. . . . . . . to each other AND to me and my brothers!
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Carolece(f): 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2010
Never heard my parents say that. Never hear it from my parents to us as their children either. I dont know it has any effect on my siblings, but I know it does on me. I have to show love and tell the man I am with that I love him, when ever I am in a relationship.

I cant even recall any physical engagement (touching or holding) with my father, and I lived with him for almost 20 yrs. The only physical I can remember is when he was beating the hell out of us, and that includes my mother.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by chika98: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

i think it DOES affect the kids because they will believe that this is the way to go about life. children imitate their parents so men would grow up thinking that they dont need to say it to their spouse to live a happy life.

i heard my parents say it all the time. . . . . . . to each other AND to me and my brothers!

See how you turned out? Expressive and all. Good for you jor
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Diva20(f): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

Yuuuup . . . even till date, they end all their emails saying "lots of love" or something of that nature.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by rubi(f): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2010
The old school parents don't say it that much but thank God things are changing

1 Like

Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2010
If my parents should say that to each other any day, I will kill a cow for both of them.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Pweety4me(f): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2010
chika98:

See how you turned out? Expressive and all. Good for you jor
Hehe chop am knuckle sef. . . grin tongue
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by yme1(f): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
never heard them ----
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Newest: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2010
Looo kinni?, am not even sure my dad knows that word, have never heard from from them Jor!!
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by cantell(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2010
ElRazur:

True talk!

Carolece:

Never heard my parents say that. Never hear it from my parents to us as their children either. I dont know it has any effect on my siblings, but I know it does on me. I have to show love and tell the man I am with that I love him, when ever I am in a relationship.

I cant even recall any physical engagement (touching or holding) with my father, and I lived with him for almost 20 yrs. The only physical I can remember is when he was beating the hell out of us, and that includes my mother.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by frank317: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
I realy tink it does affect d kids. Especialy d male child who mostly learns from experience and observation. D female has a brain structure dat enables her 2 learn from stories. No wonder most nigerian men are not romantic, like father like son
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by boomii(f): 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2010
I can't remember my parents saying I love you but they do express it in other ways. I don't think it has affected me n ma siblings in any way.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by iice(f): 1:40pm On Jun 25, 2010
All the bluidy time tongue
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by atunkeade: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2010
never heard them and it doesn't affect us grin
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Godalone(m): 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
Newest:

Looo kinni?, am not even sure my dad knows that word, have never heard from from them Jor!!
LWKMD
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by sophy09: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2010
I have never heard my parent say I love you to each other but I have seen it in the letters they wrote in the past. It usually ends with kisses and hugs or I love you. Although when I was a kid my mum use to tell me and when kiss goodnight but it wasn't done often.

What parents do usually affect children, I remember when I was a teenager I never knew you had to say goodnight to people you live with. Whenever I'm going to bed, i get up and leave but I noticed that the kids of the people I was staying with usually tell their parents goodnight. I was shocked, I said to myself what was the point telling your parent goodnight but along the line I develop the habit of saying goodnight to them and till now it is part of me.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2010
frank3.16:

I realy tink it does affect d kids. Especialy d male child who mostly learns from experience and observation. D female has a brain structure dat enables her 2 learn from stories. No wonder most nigerian men are not romantic, like father like son
rotflmao
@topic
I've never heard it  from either of them and they are doing fine.love is not by saying but by total expression which includes being a responsible father among others.i think most fathers are too occupied with those responsibilities to think of saying romantic words.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

rotflmao
@topic
I've never heard it  from either of them and they are doing fine.love is not by saying but by total expression which includes being a responsible father among others.i think most fathers are too occupied with those responsibilities to think of saying romantic words.

are you saying that because of responsibilities, people are too "occupied" to say i love you etc to their spouse?!?!
btw, in your "total expression", shouldnt voicing how you feel openly be part of that total package?!

ask your girl if she would rather that you only show her that you love her OR show and tell her once in a while how you feel about her. performing your marital duties doesnt show your spouse the affection/care you have for her, it just show the dedication you have towards marriage.

coming back from work exhausted and saying little things like "i missed you" or "you're so beautiful" to you spouse shouldnt take THAT much more energy.
Re: When Last Did U Hear your Parents Say It by Newest: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2010
atunkeade:

never heard them and it doesn't affect us grin

Gbam

(1) (Reply)

Black Couple's And The White Baby / He Found Out Dat All His Children Isnt His Except: / Does She Still Love Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.