Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London (6755 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Duke University Honorary Degree In Durham (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by metronaija5: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
igerian writer and activist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has received an Honorary Doctor of Literature (DLit) degree from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.

According to the school’s website, ‘Chimamanda’s books have challenged perceptions around issues such as identity and race, and her internationally renowned TED talk ‘We should all be feminists’ had a global impact on conversations about gender equality.’

The author was honored alongside Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker, author Dr. Jung Chang, film curator June Givanni and human rights activist Vrinda Grover.

See photos below.

http://www.metronaija.ng/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-honorary-degree-university-london/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by vanbonattel: 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
If it were in Nigeria, Shekau's wife will be considered for an honorary degree before bright brains like this lady grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by TimFisher2: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
kiss

Beautiful lady!

keep representing Igbo's

Igbo Amaka!

You stepped into the shoe of our loving memory Prof Dora Akunyili

You can never see Kemi Adeosun in this type of gathering

smh undecided

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by opalk(m): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
okk the person under me has something to say
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by abokibuhari: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
Civil war is about to occur soon lemme come and be going cause I no get power

Some go say she be Nigerian but her people no go agree say she be Biafra

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Fatherofdragons: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
I so much love this woman, my daughter will surely be as successful as her whenever I have one.

13 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Ina2k(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2018
IGBO AMAKA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Racoon(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2018
Ezigbo adanne! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by tribalistseun: 7:22am On Aug 21, 2018
Igbo amaka

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by KingOvo(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2018
TimFisher2:
kiss

Beautiful lady!

keep representing Igbo's

Igbo Amaka!

smh undecided
I don't know why people take delight in making a tribal statement at every opportunity they get.
Look here, you need to rid yourself of this mentality, else you'll continue to see things from the tiny lens of tribalism and miss the bigger picture.
What exactly do you want to gain from comments like this? Celebrating people from your tribe is all fine, but when you make it seem like it's a tribal achievement, it's shameful. Chimamanda's achievement is all well and good, but then how does this influence YOUR life?
We all talk about brotherhood or sisterhood by virtue of where we come from, but this is flawed.
My brother isn't a person from the same tribe with me, my brother is a person whose way of life aligns with mine, be it from any tribe, and I will celebrate them accordingly.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by MrImole: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2018
Congratulations to her
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Metuh: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2018
Igbo Amaka

They should give her a Nobel Prize already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Hopebringer: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
I so much love this woman, my daughter will surely be as successful as her whenever I have one.

Amen to that for you

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Hopebringer: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2018
While I may not agree with her Hardline feminist views I have to admit I respect this woman i have the utmost respect for this lady. She has stuck by her views and made them quite popular world wide

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by BeijinDossier: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2018
Anambra born Chimamanda is the greatest black African woman.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by OboOlora(f): 7:25am On Aug 21, 2018
Igbo Kwenu

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Sharpshooota: 7:25am On Aug 21, 2018
abokibuhari:
Civil war is about to occur soon lemme come and be going cause I no get power

Some go say she be Nigerian but her people no go agree say she be Biafra

Na people wey dey forge certificates dey fight?

grin grin grin
I don't think so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by IamAirforce1: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2018
Nice
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Proffdada: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2018
TimFisher2:
kiss

Beautiful lady!

keep representing Igbo's

Igbo Amaka!

smh undecided
your mumu never do
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by PeaceGord: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2018
Igbo amagbuo onwe ya/ha!

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Rilwayne001: 7:28am On Aug 21, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
Smh

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Radiant1020(f): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2018
This woman has got a beautiful smile... Just like her stories

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Proffdada: 7:29am On Aug 21, 2018
Metuh:
Igbo Amaka

They should give her a Nobel Prize already.
she would've been given but ran her feminist stinking mouth against hillary clinton's twitter bio grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by peacesamuel94(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2018
Sarah Ladipo Manyika is another of such writer with great Promise.
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by jedisco(m): 7:39am On Aug 21, 2018
Congrats great woman. You shine bright.
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Chrisenwa: 7:40am On Aug 21, 2018
Papers that don't equate to money undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by YoungLionken(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2018
The Igbos are a very powerful tool in Nigeria, no wonder the Nigerian govt won't let them go(as in the case of Pharoah and the Egyptians). Igbos pls understand that whatever is good or useful, it's usually difficult to just let go... The Northerners are remarkable for nothing but (the poor) fighting for Allah as if He sent them to do so, (and the elites) get into power and still steal public funds(not minding Allah this time). As for the Yorubas, it seems they have lost their essence, all they do is to betray and support whoever is seemingly a threat to them. They have Moslems among themselves whom the Northerners refer to as moderate Moslems, they are not even straight with Christianity no more, the gods of their forefathers have been abandoned, imagine a lunatic killing a (whole)king. Some would say it's spiritual, that's a blatant LIE! The truth is, this end time kings lack power. A king is supposed to be stronger than his subordinates. What they do now is to travel from one place to another, submitting to politicians seeking relevance... What's the Ooni of Ife doing in a new yam festival in Imo? The truth is, I dey vex for all of una(yoruba kings)!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by 8stargeneral: 8:00am On Aug 21, 2018
Biafra always representing in d whole world,congrats beautiful lady.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by wilsonm(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2018
okay that's nice.
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by GreatMahmud: 8:08am On Aug 21, 2018
Congrats Chimamanda.. Nigeria is proud of u. It's sad that the country u come from don't honour intellectuals and people who really work hard rather they crown vagabonds who loot public funds and impoverish her citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The President ’ S Daughter And I (18 +) By Phemmyjnr / The Loose Noose (A Short Story By Kayode Odusanya) / 8 Lessons I Learnt From Publishing My Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.