Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London (6767 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Duke University Honorary Degree In Durham (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by SAMBARRY: 8:20am On Aug 21, 2018
All the envious agents and men who hate women succeed have gone blind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by itzprezy(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2018
Good development Igbo hammercar
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by TimFisher2: 8:25am On Aug 21, 2018
KingOvo:

I don't know why people take delight in making a tribal statement at every opportunity they get.
Look here, you need to rid yourself of this mentality, hence you'll continue to see things from the tiny lens of tribalism and miss the bigger picture.
What exactly do you want to gain from comments like this? Celebrating people from your tribe is all fine, but when you make it seem like it's a tribal achievement, it's shameful. Chimamanda's achievement is all well and good, but then how does this influence YOUR life?
We all talk about brotherhood or sisterhood by virtue of where we come from, but this is flawed.
My brother isn't a person from the same tribe with me, my brother is a person whose way of life aligns with mine, be it from any tribe, and I will celebrate them accordingly.

Is it because of Igbo Amaka?

you are typing all this things grin

don't worry if you are not married yet

I will give you the privilege to marry one of our daughters

so your children will be intelligent and famous!

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by johnhood(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2018
TimFisher2:
kiss

Beautiful lady!

keep representing Igbo's

Igbo Amaka!

You stepped into the shoe of our loving memory Prof Dora Akunyili

You can never see Kemi Adeosun in this type of gathering

smh undecided
My dear she is representing Nigeria not Igbo. Stop this tribal talks. Thank you.
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by johnhood(m): 8:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
I so much love this woman, my daughter will surely be as successful as her whenever I have one.
When is that?
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by johnhood(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2018
KingOvo:

I don't know why people take delight in making a tribal statement at every opportunity they get.
Look here, you need to rid yourself of this mentality, hence you'll continue to see things from the tiny lens of tribalism and miss the bigger picture.
What exactly do you want to gain from comments like this? Celebrating people from your tribe is all fine, but when you make it seem like it's a tribal achievement, it's shameful. Chimamanda's achievement is all well and good, but then how does this influence YOUR life?
We all talk about brotherhood or sisterhood by virtue of where we come from, but this is flawed.
My brother isn't a person from the same tribe with me, my brother is a person whose way of life aligns with mine, be it from any tribe, and I will celebrate them accordingly.
Thank very much.
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by benben1000: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2018
KingOvo:
[s]
My brother isn't a person from the same tribe with me, my brother is a person whose way of life aligns with mine, be it from any tribe, and I will celebrate them accordingly[/s].

Typical afonja and envy. If you are tired of seeing Igbos everyday on front page for excellence through not fault of their own but God's blessing, simply support IPOB/Biafra, so that we can go to our country and praise ourselves without bothering you. Useless envious things!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by AmuDimpka: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2018
johnhood:

My dear she is representing Nigeria not Igbo. Stop this tribal talks. Thank you.

She is more igboic than Nigerian...From.her stance and engagement with Igbo... Anambra people are every igbotic irrespective of their education ask Achebe and Emagwali
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by AmuDimpka: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2018
benben1000:

Typical afonja and envy. If you are tired of seeing Igbos everyday on front page for excellence through not fault of their own but God's blessing, simply support IPOB/Biafra, so that we can go to our country and praise ourselves without bothering you. Useless envious things!

Easy
johnhood:

She is more igboic than Nigerian...From.her stance and engagement with Igbo... Anambra people are every igbotic irrespective of their education ask Achebe and Emagwali
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by frozen70(f): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2018
All this degree and awards that she is gathering
Hmmm
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Fitbillionairep: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2018
the stinking pussy biatch that is happily married and drinking cum daily that has made millions of stupid naija girl single including my 2 useless cousins

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Masterclass32: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2018
benben1000:

#Harsh!
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
metronaija5:
igerian writer and activist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has received an Honorary Doctor of Literature (DLit) degree from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.

According to the school’s website, ‘Chimamanda’s books have challenged perceptions around issues such as identity and race, and her internationally renowned TED talk ‘We should all be feminists’ had a global impact on conversations about gender equality.’

The author was honored alongside Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker, author Dr. Jung Chang, film curator June Givanni and human rights activist Vrinda Grover.

See photos below.

http://www.metronaija.ng/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-honorary-degree-university-london/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Yeye woman ...smh
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=Fitbillionairep post=70472608]the stinking pussy biatch that is happily married and drinking cum daily that has made millions of stupid naija girl single including my 2 useless
cousins[9/quote]
Nor mind the useless woman she keep destroying marriage with her nonsense ideology ..ur cousin are just a victim of her foolishness... Smh

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by Henon: 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
KingOvo:

E pain am!
Re: PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London by therealJNO: 12:48am On Aug 22, 2018
Please, I want to post a short story here on nairaland. Abeg, somebody assist me. How do I do it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The President ’ S Daughter And I (18 +) By Phemmyjnr / Collection Of My Rants / 8 Lessons I Learnt From Publishing My Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.