Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

The Power Of Intervention - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Power Of Intervention (280 Views)

The Spiritual Power Of Sea Salt / Fear Of Failure Almost Led To Suicide, But A Timely Intervention / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Intervention by Letslivesafe: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2018
Do we have the courage to stop a wrong practice? Or do we say “ it’s non of my business”?
In our everyday lives we are confronted with various hazardous situations that a simple intervention can actually save the day. Most times we ignore because of fear of reproach. But if we can intervene with respect, it can help educate the offender and witnesses around and also make you have a good feeling of saving a life.
Let me share a little experience I had while travelling with a commercial transport company.
I was to board a bus from the park, as usual I walk round the bus to check the condition of the tyres and wheels. I noticed one of the rear wheels had two missing wheel nuts, I beckoned on the driver to observe it. Rather he gave me a talk down, I never responded, I asked him to also check other wheel nuts for complete tightness. He was fuming while I walked out to get an airtime and also planning to abort the journey with that vehicle if he doesn’t comply.
On getting back to the vehicle, I saw him doing the needful and he gave me this smile, and apologized to me. He also shared a terrible experience his colleague had with same tyre incident while on the highway.
I had this good feeling I saved lives that day. Before embarking on any journey always check your wheel nuts for complete tightness, we have recorded situations were the condition of our roads increase vibrations on wheels and this can lead to loosed wheel nuts.
A ten minutes walk the line around your vehicle won’t make you get to your destination late.
share your experience

http://www.letslivesafe.com/the-power-of-intervention/

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Looking For Health Advice On Skin Disease Visit Jaracare / September Has The Highest Babies / February 29th Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.