Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) (3038 Views)

Only 9 States And FCT Are Remitting Employer And Employee Pension (photo) / Tinubu Mocked Jonathan For Giving 83-Year-Old Anenih An Appointment (Throwback) / Top 10 Poorest Countries In Africa 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Groovenaija360(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2018
Uruguayan outspoken ex-rebel turned president, Jose Mujica, has rejected his pension when he went into voluntary retirement on 13th of August this year.

The 83-year-old who took a senatorial seat in 2015 after the end of his term in 2015 chose to retire early due to exhaustion despite his term coming to an official end in 2020.

Mr. Mujica was termed as one of the world’s pauper president due to his modest lifestyle which he always led even before he ran for president. During his tenure, he donated 90% of his then income of $12000 per month salary and refused to live in the presidential palace and continued to live in his farmhouse.

His most prized possession was a Volkswagen blue beetle which he refused a $1Million offer for in 2014 claiming he needed the car to transport his three-legged dog.

The widely popular capitalist married current Uruguay’s first female Vice-President Lucia Topolansky in 2005. His presidency mainly worked towards the concerns of the regular people of Uruguay where he helped take down poverty levels from 40% to 13%.

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/worlds-poorest-president-rejects-pension/

3 Likes

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by OneStep3: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
grin
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by dukie25: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
And here Buhari is telling zombies he lives a frugal life. Same Buhari that sends his children abroad for education.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Merimental(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
he personally took all of d country's recession on his shoulders just to beta d lives of d uruguayans..in a country like dis politics is neva do or die becos no $1bn dollar crude oil money to loot,no #40 mil wardrobe allowance etc...u must serve d ppl without excuse..
BRAVO SIR, my country has neva had ur type.

7 Likes

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
Where is Buhari when u need him..??

This Man is the Epitome of Integrity, Spartan, Puritan and non corrupt leader not one Old Dullard from Daura that rather sink his country into severe poverty, heavy corruption and killing Field.

BuhariAPC would rather want us believe Buhari is like this Man.

7 Likes

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Groovenaija360(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
cc: lalasticlala Nigerian Politicians need to learn from this man
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Elueme: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
I am yet to find any human being in the rank of this man! Just tell me why this man will not make heaven? After all Ibraham's faith counted for him as righteousness,so shall God do be pleased with this man so sacrificial to the extent of redefining leadership

5 Likes

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Angy55(f): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
You can't find such man in Africa. From our religious leaders to our political leaders, I haven't seen.
Africa is yet to find the doctor who cured other continents of their ailment and left her with a chronic hunch back.

1 Like

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by SolutionMee: 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
Eye service

Gone are the days when a good name is better than riches

Now, a billion will immediately gives you a good name

What this president just did is not an act of humility

But an act of desperation to look honest and humble to his citizens and the world at large

I hate poor mentality
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by chiagozien(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
Zombies will tell you that buhari will do the same.

4 Likes

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Kingosytex(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
this man is one in a trillion! may GOD ALMIGHTY continue to guide and protect u
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by gidgiddy: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
This guy is something else. He rejected his pension, donated 90% of his salary to charity, refused to live in splendour at the Presidential palace and lived in his farm house. The only car he owns is his old Volkswagen

OMG! IM NOT LIKELY TO MEET SUCH A MAN AGAIN IN MY LIFE TIME.

2 Likes

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by ObaKlaz: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Otuoke Super Man was busy formulating theories about how stealing isn't corruption, and about yams and goats. Meanwhile, Daura Man's son almost took an expensive ride to hell on an expensive bike.

1 Like

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Macopol01(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
G
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Ojiofor: 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
Make una come see a man of integrity and honesty,a saintly politician not devil incarnate who is stinking in corruption and bigotry that calls himself Buhari.After spending 14 days in UK with public funds he have the face to say he is back to jail those who stole from Nigeria.
Amaechi said he doesn't like money because he does not smoke or drink but he lives in multi billion naira castle and fly private jets.
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by fidelmarshal199: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
This is a man worth calling a Leader

1 Like

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by musicwriter(m): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
Elueme:
I am yet to find any human being in the rank of this man! Just tell me why this man will not make heaven? After all Ibraham's faith counted for him as righteousness,so shall God do be pleased with this man so sacrificial to the extent of redefining leadership

He is an atheist. How can he make heaven; when he don't believe in Jesus? We Christians are the only ones going to heaven because Christ has washed away our sins. Remember, Jesus said: ''I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me''. John 14:6.

Jose Mujica- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Mujica

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by donbachi(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
And the world richest president,will still retire with pension...i no call anybody name ooo.
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by saintjimos(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by surveyProf(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
More Pictures

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
Elueme:
he is an atheist,just so u know
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Great2017: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
ObaKlaz:
Meanwhile, Otuoke Super Man was busy formulating theories about how stealing isn't corruption, and about yams and goats. Meanwhile, Daura Man's son almost took an expensive ride to hell on an expensive bike.
And what is your Daura "Body Odour" formulating?

1 Like

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by StillX10(m): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
In Nigeria we have a brain-damaged old hawk who wants to cling to power by all means
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by juddy4life: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
Na lie, pure falsehood. shocked
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by ObaKlaz: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
Great2017:
And what is your Daura "Body Odour" formulating?
Back off, buddy.
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Blackfire(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
Rubbish , buhari is better than him in simplicity and integrity.
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by CAPSLOCKED: 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Elueme:

OH, JUST SAVE IT.
HE'S AN ATHEIST, AND WILL END UP IN HELL FOR NOT BELIEVING IN YOUR VERSION OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by DoyenExchange: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
He found out on time that vanity upon vanity; all is vanity! ...food for taught.
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by hopefulLandlord: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

OH, JUST SAVE IT.
HE'S AN ATHEIST, AND WILL END UP IN HELL FOR NOT BELIEVING IN YOUR VERSION OF GOD.

I'd rather go where Mujica is headed than be where these pastors are said to be headed

1 Like

Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by Groovenaija360(m): 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2018
cheesy

Lalasticla sef undecided
Re: 83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) by CAPSLOCKED: 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'd rather go where Mujica is headed than be where these pastors AND THEIR FOLLOWERS are said to be headed

HONESTLY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Presidential Debate, Very Unnecessary ~ Buhari. / President Cyril Ramaphosa Makes Mistake On Live TV While Addressing Xenophob / Can you watch without laughing Hausa corper singing anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.