Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please (3078 Views)

My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / 20 Unbelievable Ways Cotonou Is Different From Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please by legendaryMic: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
Good day house, please I need to relocate to Cotonou and therefore need guidance from people that are well experienced in this country.
First I've been trying to search online for accommodation but there are no recent information to this effect: I'll like to know how much a room n parlor self contain will cost per month.
Also, I'll like to work with NGOs there, and pending the job, I possibly will like to engage in a little business for sustenance before getting the job. However if there are jobs available for a start
Kindly help, you response is much anticipated. Thanks
Re: I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please by Dubaiking(m): 11:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
ask God for directions, pray hard too, if it's his wish you will get there

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 21, 2018
Hmmmm I hope its better off naija
Re: I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please by toluine56(m): 9:54am On Aug 21, 2018
legendaryMic:
Good day house, please I need to relocate to Cotonou and therefore need guidance from people that are well experienced in this country.
First I've been trying to search online for accommodation but there are no recent information to this effect: I'll like to know how much a room n parlor self contain will cost per month.
Also, I'll like to work with NGOs there, and pending the job, I possibly will like to engage in a little business for sustenance before getting the job. However if there are jobs available for a start
Kindly help, you response is much anticipated. Thanks
Well Accomodation is slightly different there compared to Nigeria. A good self contained apartment room and parlour will cost about 30kcfa(20k₦ approx) per month, also expect to pay at least three months rent in advance as caution which would be given back whenever you eventually ɗecide to move elsewhere more like an aɗvanced damages fee. Electricity and water bill is on the high too. For a stanɗard house with friɗge, tv, sound system, laptops, fan expect to pay around 20-25kcfa extra

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please by celestialAgent(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
toluine56:

Well Accomodation is slightly different there compared to Nigeria. A good self contained apartment room and parlour will cost about 30kcfa(20k₦ approx) per month, also expect to pay at least three months rent in advance as caution which would be given back whenever you eventually ɗecide to move elsewhere more like an aɗvanced damages fee. Electricity and water bill is on the high too. For a stanɗard house with friɗge, tv, sound system, laptops, fan expect to pay around 20-25kcfa extra
In addition to this, if you are not financially buoyant, do not rent an apartment upstairs as this require using surface pumping machine to get water in real time. This unavoidable use of pumping machine will substantially boost your electricity bil - especially if you are using prepaid meter.

Also, caution are usually not given back, so be smart to use some month for free to reduce your outstanding caution.

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please by legendaryMic: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
toluine56:

Thank you so much for sharing, I really appreciate
Re: I Want To Relocate To Cotonou I Need Guidance Please by legendaryMic: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
@Dubaiking I really Appreciate

@Folakemi I hope so too, atleast regular power supply and water with a bit comfortable accommodation will be okay for a start, after all half a loaf is better than none.
Thank you so much

(1) (Reply)

Countries Nigeria Can Go With Working Holiday Visa / Nigeria Living In Azerbaijan / jllooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.