Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat (3027 Views)

What Is The Profit Like If I Raise 1,000 Broilers For 6weeks & Sell. / Care Of Baby Goat After Birth / Christmas: Chicken May Sell For N10,000 - Poultry Farmers Raise Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
the mother goat died some hour after giving birth. please how can I raise the baby goat. please help.
mod pls help me push it.
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
please help
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by bedspread: 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
Bring it to me
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by WavyJohn: 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
grin Orphan ke.... Jst return it to the father abi that one die too? Senseweenotkeeme

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
WavyJohn:
grin Orphan ke.... Jst return it to the father abi that one die too? Senseweenotkeeme
please if u know how I can care for it that it won't die please do. I'm not here for comedy

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
nairalanders pls, help
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by dollytino4real(f): 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
just buy milk and be making it 4 d goat, let it lie inside ur house 4 warmness

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
dollytino4real:
just buy milk and be making it 4 d goat, let it lie inside ur house 4 warmness
tnx sis. God bless. pls, can I use peak milk or powdered milk
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2018
mod pls help
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by dollytino4real(f): 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
lonikit:

tnx sis. God bless. pls, can I use peak milk or powdered milk
the one u can afford but let it be warm small

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by ekene101: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Where is d dead goat?
Chai see as peppersoup dey hungry me like madt.
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by castins(m): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2018
Buy the 123 powdered milk for small babies and use it for the goat, ensure u keep the goat in a warm environment, u may put rags/mats were it will sleep so as to prevent cold. Do not give it peak milks that adults drinks ooo, its digestive system is not well developed to handle that.
Good luck.
lonikit:
the mother goat died some hour after giving birth. please how can I raise the baby goat. please help.
mod pls help me push it.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
castins:
Buy the 123 powdered milk for small babies and use it for the goat, ensure u keep the goat in a warm environment, u may put rags/mats were it will sleep so as to prevent cold. Do not give it peak milks that adults drinks ooo, its digestive system is not well developed to handle that.
Good luck.
thank u sir. God bless
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by flyingdutchman(m): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
You'd have to keep the kid around you. You shall provide it with warmth from your body. Like that like that, it shall become attached to you and take milk. It would be interesting to k ow what happens when it grows up- will you kill it, or will it become your friend for life

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
flyingdutchman:
You'd have to keep the kid around you. You shall provide it with warmth from your body. Like that like that, it shall become attached to you and take milk. It would be interesting to k ow what happens when it grows up- will you kill it, or will it become your friend for life
tnk u
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by excanny: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2018
Hope it's still alive?

Your orphaned kid need to be fed colostrum, a disease-fighting substance it gets from its mother's milk to prevent stomach infection in first few weeks of life.

Look around for another female goat that has kid it is nursing to see if it will allow ur orphaned kid to suck.

If she refuses, see if u can capture her and press her milk into a feeding bottle to feed your orphaned kid.

Alternatively, look for a cow from the fulanis to get fresh cow milk and feed ur kid.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2018
excanny:
Hope it's still alive?

Your orphaned kid need to be fed colostrum, a disease-fighting substance it gets from its mother's milk to prevent stomach infection in first few weeks of life.

Look around for another female goat that has kid it is nursing to see if it will allow ur orphaned kid to suck.

If she refuses, see if u can capture her and press her milk into a feeding bottle to feed your orphaned kid.

Alternatively, look for a cow from the fulanis to get fresh cow milk and feed ur kid.
thank you sir/ma. but the problem now is I can't get all these u listed. pls can't it be gotten tru milk or how can I get the colostrum aside looking for cow
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by excanny: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2018
lonikit:
thank you sir/ma. but the problem now is I can't get all these u listed. pls can't it be gotten tru milk or how can I get the colostrum aside looking for cow

Artificial colostrum

The following artificial mixture can be used as a substitute for the first day's feeding if natural colostrum is not available (or is available for only one feed):

600 ml of fresh cows' milk (condensed milk, appropriately diluted, can be used instead of fresh cows' milk)

One beaten egg yolk

One dessertspoon of glucose or lactose (if unavailable, use sugar)

One very small teaspoon (3 ml) of cod liver oil (or castor oil)

Mix (shake) well and divide the mixture into four equal feeds for the first day's feeding. Divide it into six equal feeds instead of four if the kid is small or weak.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
excanny:

Artificial colostrum

The following artificial mixture can be used as a substitute for the first day's feeding if natural colostrum is not available (or is available for only one feed):

600 ml of fresh cows' milk (condensed milk, appropriately diluted, can be used instead of fresh cows' milk)

One beaten egg yolk

Mix (shake) well and divide the mixture into four equal feeds for the first day's feeding. Divide it into six equal feeds instead of four if the kid is small or weak.
God bless u sir/ma. I'm grateful

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by jidestroud(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2018
excanny:

Artificial colostrum

One beaten egg yolk

Saving the day once again. Bless you bro!!!
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by jidestroud(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2018
@ lonikit

Even as you make use of the artificial colostrum, the best bet will still be to source colostrum from another goat or cow. Nothing replaces that. Like someone rightly suggested, if you have another nursing goat around, you could graft the new born to her (very rare probability you do though).
Another suggestion is seeking colostrum from herdsmen around if you do see them depending on where you stay. They could be of help you know. I am being serious.
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by excanny: 8:55am On Aug 25, 2018
jidestroud:

Saving the day once again. Bless you bro!!!
Thanks bro. Still hoping the OP keeps us updated how things are going.
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lady25(f): 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
I guess we are in the same boat but mine is a lamb. It lost its mother when it was 3 days old. But I have been taking care ot her and she's 9 days old now....and all seems well. I give her my baby's ceralac plus little milk in an old feeding bottle. I do feeding on demand so I can't really say how many times a day she eats

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by oscamuf: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2018
You. Need a.Very Strong Prayer for this Orphan goat to Survive.
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by mfm04622: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
How is the goat doing?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2018
thank u so much nairalanders, u are indeed wonderful. I try my best to get natural breast milk but I couldn't. so I am using soya beans and milk to bottle feed the baby goat, I also put it inside carton at nights. the goat is now 9days old.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lady25(f): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
lonikit:
thank u so much nairalanders, u are indeed wonderful. I try my best to get natural breast milk but I couldn't. so I am using soya beans and milk to bottle feed the baby goat, I also put it inside carton at nights. the goat is now 9days old.
Raw soya beans or cooked?
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by lonikit: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2018
lady25:
cooked. is it OK for the goat
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by Ayomi59(f): 9:25am On Aug 29, 2018
lady25:

raw soybean is poisonous to goat, please don't try it
Re: Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat by mfm04622: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2018
lonikit:

You can learn how to make milk from Soya beans

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Farmlands As Cheap As 50k Per Acre / Good News To All Farmers In Nigeria. / Raw Undiluted Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.