Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Urgent Response - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Response (1030 Views)

Innoson Unveils Tricycle Ambulance For Quick Emergency Response / Urgent Response Needed 2007 Nissan Altima Gear / Uber Limits U.K. Driver Hours In Response To Safety Concerns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Response by lillyontop(m): 12:59am On Aug 21, 2018
Please house I am about purchasimg a car and I have 2 cars in mind 2014 Hyundai Elantra registered or 2014 Kia cerato....... I want to ask the house which one is easy to maintain and affordability of the part I will be needing advise from the car guru in the house @gazzuz and co thanks
Re: Urgent Response by arrestdarrester: 1:55am On Aug 21, 2018
They are not built for our roads. May be 80% of your day to day route or network fall within areas with fantastic roads in Abuja.

For any other location outside Abuja, OYO is best
Re: Urgent Response by radautoworks: 5:21am On Aug 21, 2018
lillyontop:
Please house I am about purchasimg a car and I have 2 cars in mind 2014 Hyundai Elantra registered or 2014 Kia cerato....... I want to ask the house which one is easy to maintain and affordability of the part I will be needing advise from the car guru in the house @gazzuz and co thanks

Flip a coin

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Response by lillyontop(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Still waiting for response from the guru in the house
Re: Urgent Response by radautoworks: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
lillyontop:
Still waiting for response from the guru in the house

Oh, I'll just shut up then. What do I know about cars anyway? lipsrsealed
Re: Urgent Response by oluwaseunla(m): 5:55am On Aug 22, 2018
OP, I guess you didn't understand the advice above. What Aunty Radu is telling you is they are basically the same car. Aunty Radu, hope say I correct? Break down the grammar for us next time too.

Now OP, my own question. Even though they are basically the same, are the vehicles from North America, or the Korean specs made for Nigerian market I.e. bought brand new in Nigeria?

If they are bought brand new in Nigeria, I generally don't advice people buying those pieces of scrap. Less options and sometimes more expensive parts than the North American versions. I hear rumors of that particular AC compressor failing prematurely too.

Whichever way, just ensure you don't buy an abused vehicle, or else 'sorry' won't even begin to describe your middle name.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Response by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2018
oluwaseunla:
OP, I guess you didn't understand the advice above. What Aunty Radu is telling you is they are basically the same car. Aunty Radu, hope say I correct? Break down the grammar for us next time too.

Now OP, my own question. Even though they are basically the same, are the vehicles from North America, or the Korean specs made for Nigerian market I.e. bought brand new in Nigeria?

If they are bought brand new in Nigeria, I generally don't advice people buying those pieces of scrap. Less options and sometimes more expensive parts than the North American versions. I hear rumors of that particular AC compressor failing prematurely too.

Whichever way, just ensure you don't buy an abused vehicle, or else 'sorry' won't even begin to describe your middle name.

lolz
Re: Urgent Response by lillyontop(m): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2018
radautoworks:

Oh, I'll just shut up then. What do I know about cars anyway? lipsrsealed

You just said flip a coin is that an advise I expected you to say something better and elaborate on the issue nobody says you don't know anything about car..... Just need facts and reasons why I should go for a particular one, I wanted someone or people that are used to the car to give advise that's all if I had wrote Honda and Toyota people would have come including you to say why you think Toyota or Honda is easy to maintain or stuff different from each other that's all I asked
Re: Urgent Response by Kashif(m): 10:52am On Aug 22, 2018
lillyontop:

You just said flip a coin is that an advise I expected you to say something better and elaborate on the issue nobody says you don't know anything about car..... Just need facts and reasons why I should go for a particular one, I wanted someone or people that are used to the car to give advise that's all if I had wrote Honda and Toyota people would have come including you to say why you think Toyota or Honda is easy to maintain or stuff different from each other that's all I asked

Google will help you better. Carcomplaint, Edmunds etc. From there you will get variety of reviews from actual owners instead of NL.

Again, heed Oluwaseunla's advice above, you will not regret it.
Re: Urgent Response by radautoworks: 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
Thank you. That's exactly why you're not getting responses lillyontop. It was GREAT advice but you didn't understand. It's not worth an in depth comparison because they are essentially the same.

If you had said Honda/Toyota, you'd have had now responses because there are differences. What you asked, they are negligible.

Follow the more in depth answers above if that's what you were looking for.
Re: Urgent Response by asamwababy: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Lol

Just like saying which is better green or red apples.

Both are fruits just like the way both cars are similar.

No one has the time.Just flip the coin as advised by Aunty Radu.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Car Difficult To Start With Problems: 6 Things To Look Out For / Honda Civic Si Vs Hyundai Elantra Sport Compact Comparison / The New BMW 3 Series Blazes A Trail For Design And Connectivity (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.