Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Yinka Ayefele's House Demolition And Town Planning Authority - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Yinka Ayefele's House Demolition And Town Planning Authority (329 Views)

Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please / Choose Best Building Construction Companies And Town Planners In Melbourne / Gate House Demolition: Shop Owners Seek FG, International Community Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yinka Ayefele's House Demolition And Town Planning Authority by Geomartinsurvey(m): 8:45am On Aug 21, 2018
As a professional I have refused to be drawn into the demolition issue in Oyo state of Music Legend Yinka Akinfele...this is because I do not have the full facts of the case...however I would like to point out certain things to Nigerians who might not be aware of building codes and regulations.

Town planning regulations provide that before you embark on any construction you must apply for approval for such construction providing architectural..structural...electrical And mechanical drawings which must all confirm to certain standards.

The use for which the structure is meant for should be stated...commercial...residential...etc...if you submit for residential and convert into a hotel...you are wrong...if you submit for hotel and change it to a church....you are wrong....if you submit for hospital and change it to a factory you are wrong...if for any reason you have to change the use...you must first apply to relevant agencies for change of use...only when that is granted can you change the use.
So first question...did Yinka apply for his structure to be radio station?

Then is the structure built as presented in the plan? As an Engineer I have come across many times when clients want to deviate from the plan submitted and approved...this is also wrong and puts you up against the law.

In Nigeria we tend to believe we can build anything anywhere we want...so you have churches in residential areas disturbing the peace of others...we have factories polluting areas meant for schools etc..
When we start following the law...alot of people would fall victims.

Like I said...I do not know the facts of the case...but I find it disturbing that town planning authorities never do their jobs in preventing people from building illegally...but suddenly swoop in when political or personal interest are tampered on as suspected in the Yinka case. Town planners need to wake up...you don't allow a man build completely before demolition...the law provides that regulators visit the site at different stages...so it's a failure on the town planning authorities for which Yinka can accuse them of negligence.

I also feel the Govt ought to be compassionate in yinka's case if infact he violated for two reasons...1. He is running a business that adds value and creates employment. 2. He is disabled. If the property must be demolished then govt ought to behind closed doors offer him compensation. However...the matter is in court...And the court is not sentimental.

For clients...Pls contact professionals before you begin your project to avoid any issues in the future. I know you often fear that we are expensive...but we are not that expensive when you look at the overall safety of your project and investment.

(from a Professional Colleague. Kalita)
Re: Yinka Ayefele's House Demolition And Town Planning Authority by omoolorire(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2018
It is a total failure on the part of constituted authority for them to have violated rule of law. However, it is politically motivated. We are waiting for them to exercise our own civil rights too.

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Abeokuta, Eleweran Axis,Ogun State. / Newly Built 2 Units 4 Bedroom Detached Duplex @ Crown Estate Ajah / Enjoy 20% Promo On Our Estates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.