Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? (37323 Views)

US Seizes Venezuelan President Maduro’s Plane / 2 Ex-US Soldiers Attempt To Assasinate Maduro, Venezuelan President / Venezuelan Military Truck Ran Into Citizens Protesting Against President Maduro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by grandstar(m): 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:
This would have been Nigeria's case if not for Buhari.

Buhari's economic policies have been condemned by Sanusi, Soludo, Utomi and numerous others.

The economy has done poorly under his watch. By n ow, the economy should be growing by at least 5% but may not grow beyond 2.5% this year which is at par with population growth meaning no increase in per capita income.

The man's honesty helps cover the eyes of many to his lamentable understanding of economics

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by grandstar(m): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kfed4ril:

What normally causes this kind of over inflation ??

Reckless printing of money by the Central Bank to cover State expenses.

Venezuela's nightmare is primarily due to the fact that the official exchange rate is fixed at way below the market determined rate.

This deprives the government larhe amounts of revenue and therefore has to print money to cover the shortfall.

Also, massive petrol subsidies worsen the problem by not only depriving the government of revenue but involves the government spending massive and unaffordable sums to provide heavily subsidised fuel

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 22, 2018
Iamzik:

I applaud your ability to quote John Kennedy.
You must realize that John Kennedy did not run away from American to write that quote abroad.

It's easy to sit afar and buy government propaganda hook line and sinker.

You can't tell how good Nigeria feels better than a Nigerian living in Nigeria.

Kiss the truth bro

I am a Nigerian living in and doing business in Nigeria.

I offer no apology that I don’t fit inside a container that you wish to place people that have differing opinions.

Just because you are in Nigeria doesn’t mean that you’re useful to her and not just consuming her resources.

Nigeria is continuously improving and I’m proud of her achievements cheesy

PS: Trust me, I’m not your Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Iamzik: 12:15am On Aug 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I am a Nigerian living in and doing business in Nigeria.

I offer no apology that I don’t fit inside a container that you wish to place people that have differing opinions.

Just because you are in Nigeria doesn’t mean that you’re useful to her and not just consuming her resources.

Nigeria is continuously improving and I’m proud of her achievements cheesy

PS: Trust me, I’m not your Bro.

You are suddenly back in Nigeria
Welcome back

You suddenly assumed the role of judge and jury to determine who is useful to Nigeria or not.

Now clap for yourself

Hahahahahaha so hilarious. I like to engage your type and make you flip with each mention

ROTF.....
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 22, 2018
Iamzik:

You are suddenly back in Nigeria
Welcome back

You suddenly assumed the role of judge and jury to determine who is useful to Nigeria or not.

Now clap for yourself

Hahahahahaha so hilarious. I like to engage your type and make you flip with each mention

ROTF.....

I’ve been spending at least four months in Nigeria for decades. I spent six months in Nigeria in 2017, four already this year and another three more before years end. I don’t need your permission to move freely around the world like I do. I know that hurts but you’ll get over it eventually. They always do grin

I have the faculty to judge who is useful and who is not. Are my findings law? Nope, just my opinion.

Flip ke? Na. My position has not changed and will never change. You are too close minded to see past the current suffering that you’re in wink

More astute people with more wherewithal that you can ever muster have tried and failed cool

Long live Nigeria, long live General Buhari.
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Iamzik: 12:36am On Aug 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’ve been spending at least four months in Nigeria for decades. I spent six months in Nigeria in 2017, four already this year and another three more before years end. I don’t need your permission to move freely around the world like I do. I know that hurts but you’ll get over it eventually. They always do grin

I have the faculty to judge who is useful and who is not. Are my findings law? Nope, just my opinion.

Flip ke? Na. My position has not changed and will never change. You are too close minded to see past the current suffering that you’re in wink

More astute people with more wherewithal that you can ever muster have tried and failed cool

Long live Nigeria, long live General Buhari.

Hahahaha you are so predictable with the long epistle

I can't stop laughing with all the seriousness

Bros relax. You are trying too much to prove yourself and your supposedly "diverse" ability and world view.... Save yourself the stress. It's needless

I'm so enjoying this..... Hope you send the next version of them epistles of yours. Enjoy bro
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 22, 2018
Iamzik:

Hahahaha you are so predictable with the long epistle

I can't stop laughing with all the seriousness

Bros relax. You are trying too much to prove yourself and your supposedly "diverse" ability and world view.... Save yourself the stress. It's needless

I'm so enjoying this..... Hope you send the next version of them epistles of yours. Enjoy bro

You’re actually worthless to me in reality. Remember you quoted me and until you did you were just another userid.

I know you’re agitated that I don’t simply go away. Well, I will outlast you on this subject grin

Trust me I’m enjoying this and will continue to enjoy it. And you will patiently wait for my epistles, read it intently and then respond wink

Again, I’m not your Bro.

PS: go ahead shift the goal post again wink
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Iamzik: 12:50am On Aug 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You’re actually worthless to me in reality. Remember you quoted me and until you did you were just another userid.

I know you’re agitated that I don’t simply go away. Well, I will outlast you on this subject grin

Trust me I’m enjoying this and will continue to enjoy it. And you will patiently wait for my epistles, read it intently and then respond wink

Again, I’m not your Bro.

PS: go ahead shift the goal post again wink

Hahahahahaha. Keep it coming bro

Write 15 or more lines of lyrics for each of mine.

Deal?
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 22, 2018
Iamzik:

Hahahahahaha. Keep it coming bro

Write 15 or more lines of lyrics for each of mine.

Deal?

Request denied. I shall write as many lines as I wish to wink

Long live Nigeria, Long live General Buhari. And long live all the great Nigerians that are making a difference.

I'm not your Bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:15am On Aug 22, 2018
allaboutobed:
They should all go back to trade by barter system
they have nothing to trade
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by otokx(m): 3:31am On Aug 22, 2018
BruncleZuma:
like NGN4500, I may be wrong

How many dollars is that?
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by DonX001: 3:52am On Aug 22, 2018
correctguy0900:

Aswear mehn... na to just arrange vacation there settle down dey form don for there with some cents.
Lol
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by BruncleZuma: 5:36am On Aug 22, 2018
ogtavia:
I would really appreciate it if you would educate me on cryptocurrency and its potentials. Is it real money? How does it work?
OG, crypto ain't real money...it is a digital currency.

Crypto is a distributed ledger that stores a contract between two parties. It is like if your bank had a noticeboard with everybody's transactions displayed on it without the individuals names but with identifying codes.

Every transaction is enabled by envelopes called blocks and these blocks are mathematical problems that some other person solves to create.

The individuals who solve this mathematical problems get rewarded with a certain unit of your transaction which we will call transaction fee.

Now remember money is backed by different things to make them valuable for use in goods and services exchange. This could be gold, a strong economy (Viz US Dollar) or something else.

And this is called fiat money, now crypto ideally has no fiat money backing and as such is a threat to banks and other institutions who act as middlemen when you buy or sell things.

That is why the level of adoption of cryptos are very low and also cryptos are not regulated hence there are over 10,000 different cryptos.

To show how dangerous and fickle cryptos are a certain adjustment by coinmarketplace of their rankings and valuation of cryptos caused a major panic and almost destroyed the values of several crypto-currencies.
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Iamzik: 7:16am On Aug 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Long live Nigeria, Long live General Buhari. And long live all the great Nigerians that are making a difference.

I'm not your Bro.

Good morning Bro.

It's a new day!

Let's set the ball rolling. Shall we?
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Ugosample(m): 7:39am On Aug 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I'm not your Bro.

Long life Nigeria, YES

Long life Buhari, well that's none of my business, as long as that bastard is out of Aso rock next year, Nigeria deserve a better president

And yea, long live and bless those trying to make a difference in Nigeria, despite the chaotic, poisonous and jaga jaga society

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by ogtavia(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2018
BruncleZuma:

OG, crypto ain't real money...it is a digital currency.

Crypto is a distributed ledger that stores a contract between two parties. It is like if your bank had a noticeboard with everybody's transactions displayed on it without the individuals names but with identifying codes.

Every transaction is enabled by envelopes called blocks and these blocks are mathematical problems that some other person solves to create.

The individuals who solve this mathematical problems get rewarded with a certain unit of your transaction which we will call transaction fee.

Now remember money is backed by different things to make them valuable for use in goods and services exchange. This could be gold, a strong economy (Viz US Dollar) or something else.

And this is called fiat money, now crypto ideally has no fiat money backing and as such is a threat to banks and other institutions who act as middlemen when you buy or sell things.

That is why the level of adoption of cryptos are very low and also cryptos are not regulated hence there are over 10,000 different cryptos.

To show how dangerous and fickle cryptos are a certain adjustment by coinmarketplace of their rankings and valuation of cryptos caused a major panic and almost destroyed the values of several crypto-currencies.
Thanks a lot. If cryptos have no flat backing, what then are it's advantages?. At times, you will hear it's proponents say, it's for the future bla bla bla. Does it have investment potentials that will pay off in the future?
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by BruncleZuma: 10:13am On Aug 22, 2018
ogtavia:

Thanks a lot. If crypto have no flat backing, what advantages are there in. At times, you will hear it's proponents say, it's for the future bla bla bla. Does it have investment potentials that will pay off in the future?

Short term only ...and anyone getting in now is doing so quite late.
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by ogtavia(m): 10:15am On Aug 22, 2018
BruncleZuma:

Short term only ...and anyone getting in now is doing so quite late.

Why so late? Isn't every time a good time to invest?
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by BruncleZuma: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2018
ogtavia:

Why so late? Isn't every time a good time to invest?

The ether is flooded with dubious cryptos and ghost coins I started in 2012 and pulled out last two years.

Let the market bury it's dead.
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by ogtavia(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2018
BruncleZuma:

The ether is flooded with dubious cryptos and ghost coins I started in 2012 and pulled out last two years.

Let the market bury it's dead.

Oh I now understand it. There is no standardization whatsoever, so everyone makes their own rule. However, what if this changes in the future? All it needs is for an entity to step in and change the game. Once banks and government see some potentials, they might key in and you never can tell how far it will go. Is this right?
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by BruncleZuma: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2018
ogtavia:

Oh I now understand it. There is no standardization whatsoever, so everyone makes their own rule. However, what if this changes in the future? All it needs is for an entity to step in and change the game. Once banks and government see some potentials, they might key in and you never can tell how far it will go. Is this right?

The two institutions are doing two things sabotaging and regulating. The cryptos they can't control , they sabotage.
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by ogtavia(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2018
E
BruncleZuma:

The two institutions are doing two things sabotaging and regulating. The cryptos they can't control , they sabotage.
So this is why it's risky to deal in cryptos. I now get it. Thanks a lot.
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ugosample:

Long life Nigeria, YES

Long life Buhari, well that's none of my business, as long as that bastard is out of Aso rock next year, Nigeria deserve a better president

And yea, long live and bless those trying to make a difference in Nigeria, despite the chaotic, poisonous and jaga jaga society

Very well said like an educated person.

We all have our own opinions.

Have a nice day.
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Kolping: 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
The ...isms explained

Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
If person want buy car nkọ?
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by BruncleZuma: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
DBlackCeazer:
If person want buy car nkọ?
Trailer load of banknotes grin grin grin grin
Re: Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? by Kolping: 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Emperor Meiji took Japan from the middle ages into the modern world. When he took power Japan was feudal, not so different than European middle ages. The emperor saw the writing on the wall. He made the hard call to reform Japan to industrialize. As a result, Japan had an industrial revolution and became one of the most powerful nations in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Martine Moïse: Oligarchs Killed My Husband, But I Will Run For President / Biden Arrives Israel. / Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.