Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria (4089 Views)

Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December / Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform / Gionee Has Shut Down Its Official Website In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by chineduace(m): 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mobile recharge and payment solutions platform, Zoto has been off the radar for quite a while now. Zoto’s problems appear to have started in May 2018, which is when users began complaining about their inability to transact on the app, some of them even losing money in the process.

These complaints were met with an unusual silence from Zoto customer care; the official Twitter and Facebook pages have not posted since June. The only semblance of communication came in July — a rather inconclusive notice within the app that read: “App is temporarily not available. More updates coming to you soon”.

Well...
it's over guys. The freebies were well enjoyed.

source: techpoint
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by madgoat(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by Udantu: 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
I have only 150 from cash back there
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by ola12(m): 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
Lost 5k on there, money I put to recharge dstv, so bad sad

1 Like

Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by falcon01: 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
and guess what? thet have your card details and private info.

6 Likes

Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by Nbote(m): 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
And yet anoda business closes under d biting economic conditions in d country...
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by Greatzeus(m): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
No wonder I haven't received emails from them in a while. I gained a little cash back from it.

1 Like

Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by bravesoul247(m): 12:12am On Aug 22, 2018
Eya... Used it on my TECNO device that year. Nice app
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by enoch273: 12:46am On Aug 22, 2018
bravesoul247:
Eya... Used it on my TECNO device that year. Nice app
this is just pure marketing abuse, welldone sir.

7 Likes

Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by lekjons(m): 12:47am On Aug 22, 2018
Thank God my money no dey pass N50 with them cool
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by ocbphcysje: 4:07am On Aug 22, 2018
Ecololical Geometabulations
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by ev4real(m): 8:16am On Aug 22, 2018
falcon01:
and guess what? thet have your card details and private info.
On seeing this, i had to quickly delete all my card details with them. hope it's not too late ? embarassed
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:23am On Aug 22, 2018
Didn't they have like 1 million users grin
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by MilesLamar(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2018
ev4real:

On seeing this, i had to quickly delete all my card details with them. hope it's not too late ? embarassed

How did you delete yours
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by sammirano: 8:38am On Aug 22, 2018
That company no get going concern.
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by sammirano: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2018
lekjons:
Thank God my money no dey pass N50 with them cool

You can withdraw your money to the bank. That's what I did.
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by ev4real(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
MilesLamar:

How did you delete yours
Open the app on your phone and click on account, then click on payment methods. You will see delete at the right hand side.

2 Likes

Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by Kennyflyair: 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2018
Something may have happened for them to shutdown abruptly like that. Maybe internal conflict or lack of finance... Anyways they tried for us o. Although the least they could do is to inform us about what was going on with them.
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by ev4real(m): 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
sammirano:

You can withdraw your money to the bank. That's what I did.
When did you do it ?
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by double0seven(m): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kennyflyair:
Something may have happened for them to shutdown abruptly like that. Maybe internal conflict or lack of finance... Anyways they tried for us o. Although the least they could do is to inform us about what was going on with them.

Its the banks that shut them down.

Was using them for several months. All of a sudden, it started not working. I believe the banks didn't allow the app to be connecting with their system to deduct money. Since the banks themselves now do same business. That offering a platform for payment of recharge cards, dstv etc

1 Like

Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by MilesLamar(m): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2018
ev4real:

Open the app on your phone and click on account, then click on payment methods. You will see delete at the right hand side.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by chineduace(m): 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
double0seven:

Its the banks that shut them down.

Was using them for several months. All of a sudden, it started not working. I believe the banks didn't allow the app to be connecting with their system to deduct money. Since the banks themselves now do same business. That offering a platform for payment of recharge cards, dstv etc
I don't believe it's a bank thing as many service providers and online merchants sell data and airtime and they are all linked to your banks.
Furthermore, if you still have money trapped in your wallet. request for a refund via the app(the option is there).
Nigerian business space is very hostile now, even viable business are struggling.
Re: Zoto Has Shut Down Operations In Nigeria by CharlesJok3r: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
Who the f~ck is deleting our post on this topic. And why did i get 3days ban on nairaland just because i commented here. It shall not be well with the person doing this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Glo 30GB For N2500 / Awesome Facts You Should Know About ANDROID {pics} / Tecno C8: Solution To The SIM Card Message Inaccessibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.