Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform (31430 Views)

Apple Announces Macbook Pro With New M1 Pro And M1 Max / LG Electronics To Shut Down Its Mobile Phone Business / Facebook Announces Plans To Merge Whatsapp,instagram And Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by nigeriapenbase: 8:14am On Jun 02, 2019
TechNews By Topmag.pw

Tech giant Apple is expected to announce the end of its music platform iTunes at its developer conference beginning tomorrow.

Users with an Apple device can used iTunes to search for a song, a music video or a TV show. Now, the iTunes era will draw to a close.

The iTunes platform was a vital part of Appleā€™s global growth in the early 2000s.

The launch of the iconic music model began a music revolution that entered homes around the world, and completely destroyed music retailers, who drew revenue from in-store album purchases.

The iTunes platform was first introduced to the world at the 2001 Macworld Expo and created a frenzy among consumers and industry experts alike.

Why bother loading up your CD wallet with discs, when you could just enter your credit card details and purchase a stack of music or TV shows at the click of a button?

Anyone who was lucky enough to own an Apple device at the start of the millennium could suddenly access a monumental amount of content from one easy to use platform.

Read More Here: http://topmag.pw/2019/06/02/apple-announces-plans-to-shut-down-the-itunes-music-platform/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Rednaxelot: 8:22am On Jun 02, 2019
Make dem stop am jooor!

Why I no go fit collect song wey I like from my friend

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by LacunaJacuna(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2019
Stingy apple

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by BIGGIE121(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2019
Make dem shut am down jare, who e even epp before

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 02, 2019
Though I've not confirmed the authenticity of this news. But if Apple dump iTunes, they'd be sure to dump iPhone soon.

But how gift card sellers wan cum do?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2019
BlacSmit:

But how gift card sellers wan cum do?
they will start selling recharge card's

428 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by freemanbubble: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Ekakamba: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2019
Apple, apple shocked

What will they replace iTunes with?

The only good thing about iOS is that it runs in Apple devices and the only good thing about Apple is it runs iOS. Capeesh? grin tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by gift01: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2019
This news get as e be. OP so what's the substitute they giving their customers?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by PotatoSalad(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by FemiCare(f): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2019

Kindly check my signature, marketers and distributors needed nationwide, with amazing benefits.
Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Chukwurah003: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2019
They are going to focus on Apple Music

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by namiji2598: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2019
I will never pay for a music, k better use my 10mb to download 3 songs and after listening I will delete the ones that are trash!!!!

28 Likes

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2019
gift01:

WHICH CUSTOMERS??

WHO STILL PAYS FOR MUSIC THAT THE MUSICIANS THEMSELVES ARE UPLOADING FOR FREE ON THE NET! cheesy cheesy

THOSE THEIR OVER-HYPED IPHONES MA GO SOON GO THE BLACKBERRY WAY!

32 Likes

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by ibkayee(f): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2019
Still use it as my primary music player but it's annoyingly restrictive

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by tolexy007(m): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2019
g
Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by wizkidblogger(f): 9:18am On Jun 02, 2019
hnnn...
Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by sapientia(m): 9:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Competition got real

1 Like

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Theaimischips: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Ok

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by sexyking1: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Reminds me of the day blackberry sold BBM to android.... D rest was history grin

10 Likes

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Ekakamba: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2019
The customers will soon come defend their almighty bitten Apple. grin tongue

obiekunie1:

WHICH CUSTOMERS??

WHO STILL PAYS FOR MUSIC THAT THE MUSICIANS THEMSELVES ARE UPLOADING FOR FREE ON THE NET! cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by Kingkun69(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2019
obiekunie1:

WHICH CUSTOMERS??

why are you shouting? Plus no one buys music again everyone streams

6 Likes

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by thesmallgod(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2019
gift01:
Alex Iwobi and Mateo Guendouzi

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by cjudy(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2019
Standalone will take over
Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by nymphomaniac(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2019
Good riddance. Who needs it when we have xender to collect music on our iphones

23 Likes

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by nymphomaniac(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2019
thesmallgod:

Alex Iwobi and Mateo Guendouzi
sense won't kill you.

8 Likes

Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by RDPMAN: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2019
iTunes ... Part of the reasons I dump IOS for Android. You all know this is a fake news right ? Why will apple stop ITunes?
Re: Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform by kkkossy(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2019
Who needs iTunes when there is Apple Music app.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tutorials On How To Edit Jar Files / What Is Mtn Pulse Points? See How To Redeem Them / Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Reviews | Discussion Board - The Transformer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.