Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Espirit De Corps By TEGADR - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Espirit De Corps By TEGADR (295 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Espirit De Corps By TEGADR by TEGADR: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
For to fight is my duty, in it comes my honour, In it comes my fame, if I die am a hero! ...

These were the last words of Micheal as he bid farewell to his times at the Uganda military school, he knew a new life had started for him and his fellow compatriots who took their oath of allegiance to the Ugandanian nation as they graduated.
Micheal was happy not just because he wouldn't have to sit in class anymore to learn military jargons but that he had made his bereaved mother proud,

Micheal comes from lowly background of the ikotun family, growing up as the only child of a father whose life was wretched by the Uganda civil war and a mother who sold baked beans for a living was a tough one for him.

Attention! Attention! shouted the commanding officer as he straightened his over ironed tie for his closing speech.

Pg2

The ceremony ended on a bad note with Micheal Ikotun receiving the mockery for being the worst graduating student, the commander without mincing words lambasted Micheal for his lackadaisical attitude towards his test and exams, he also adviced him to get his head down as he faces the real world.
Micheal walked in shame as he held his mother who couldn't afford the graduation attire for a shot by the photographer,...

"there you go, cost just 50 cents " said the photographer as he handed over the pictures to Micheal....

Michael had exactly 50 cents with him, giving it to the photographer would mean he would have to walk the long way home under the rain with his mom ...
For a moment he felt his life was a waste touring the earth without a purpose.

"Micheal". Called his mum as she tied her over sized skirt which she rented from her neighbor, she called to remind him that they were under the rain and the photographer was angrily waiting for his pay.

End of chapter 1

Re: Espirit De Corps By TEGADR by TEGADR: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
if you find my start interesting, please drop your comments below
thank you!
Re: Espirit De Corps By TEGADR by TEGADR: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
"Stop smoking!!"

shouted Micheal as he rushed into the house, Micheal took the pack of cigarettes from his mother and slipped it into his pocket.
Micheal's mother had earlier suffered from a lung disease and the doctors warned her against narcotics and cigarettes,

"I am putting on an over sized skirt, am I living or dead ?." !

Replied his mum after Micheal reminded her of the doctor's advice, Micheal walked to the room to remove his clothes which were drenched in rain, he was lucky to find Capt Euron earlier that day at the graduation ceremony who helped him pick his mum and drop her at the house, unfortunately for him, the car was filled and so had to walk the long way home,
Micheal took off his clothes, wore a jacket and lit one of the cigarettes .

"momma ain't living, neither am I"
he said to himself as he sat on the old rickety couch in his room to take a rest and smoke himself to oblivion , Micheal lost in deep thoughts saw himself becoming a military president of the Uganda nation,

"or I would probably be the worst graduating president "

hahaha he said as he laughed hard at his thoughts.

Pg2.

Maria as the neighbors called her , known for her stinginess and habit of lending everything she had, stories had it that she once lend her children out , with her ready to kill buba, she knocked on Micheal's door ,

As soon as Michael mum heard the knock, she knew it was Maria , she quickly pulled off the skirt and wrapped it a nylon with 5 cents and walked straight to the door to give it to her...

"That's not why am here" said Maria as she held her buba tight, she did it to make sure Mrs ikotun would see what she was wearing, she came to inform Micheal's mother that she now sells cigarettes at a reduced amount..

"iyawoo I did it for your sake o "
said Maria as she laughed pretentiously

"It's seems your local government is mad, please take your skirt and go"
shouted Mrs ikotun as she walked away from her and locked her door..

On her way inside she held Michael shouting in the room as if he was dying, she wondered what could be happening and quickly ran to his room,

Behold she couldn't believe her eyes, "could this be it.......

End of chapter 2.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

U're Invited 2 Nigeria's Foremost Slam Poetry Competition, War Of Words Season 7 / An Eyewitness Account Of September 2001 crisis in Jos,nigeria. / Sci-fi Writers Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.