Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal (21464 Views)

I Never Wanted Third Term Presidency - Obasanjo / Dokpesi, Others Sells Atiku One-Term Presidency, Explains How It Favours SE / Be Happy You’re Not Yet In Jail – Presidency Tells Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by AreaNews: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
The Presidency has said the 800 metres trekking embarked upon by President Muhammadu Buhari from the Eid-ground in Daura to his private residence is an indication of his fitness to seek re-election in 2019.

After the Eid-prayers, President Buhari shunned protocol and opted to trek some 800 metres, acknowledging cheers from Nigerians to catch a glimpse of him.

The President’s action debunked Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state insinuations that the president is “too old’’ to continue to rule the country beyond 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuoDOeIsz6Y

According to Tambuwal, President Muhammadu Buhari is just too old to be Nigeria’s leader, despite his integrity and impeccable character.

Tambuwal stated this during a solidarity visit of students and youth in Sokoto, last week.

He said: “We love President Buhari and that was why we supported him in 2015 unconditionally, and while doing that, we are too sure that he will seek re-election after his first term, but when things are wrong we have to tell him.

“We still believe in his integrity, patriotism and courage but these are not enough for a leader.

“We all know that there is a vacuum in the government occasioned by his disposition probably because of his old age or health condition.

“That is why Nigerians are yearning for younger ones to lead this country.’’

However, Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, said the trekking by the president was a response to Tambuwal’s diatribe on the president.

“I think there are two things here; one is to say that the President is responsive to the enormous support and commitment of his own people that had come out in their numbers to see him and he just decided that he couldn’t go on riding in a blacken vehicle and he came out and walked to the distance.

“The second thing, he is curious that these days, one or two people who are aspiring to be president are campaigning on their youthfulness and good health.

“I think the president has done one thing today – that the issue is not how old one is but how fit is he; how healthy is he. Now that the president has proven his fitness and well-being to continue in office is a settled matter

“I think that if people want to campaign against him they should do so on issue that are of significance to Nigerians. The President is fit, he is healthy; he is good to go,’’ he said. (NAN)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/800m-trek-buhari-physically-fit-for-second-term-presidency/amp/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
the presidency, Buhari, Gov Tambuwal, the blogger and the poster of this news are extremely mad!

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
Thank God he is fit.

Let him come and be going to daura ooo..

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by donbachi(m): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
My hand no dey ooo...if him dey trek

1 Like

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by divinelove(m): 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
fit to return to Daura

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by StillX10(m): 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
800m is not even up to 1km o
Let him run the 800m instead that's when we know he is fit

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by salisuammy(f): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
Na by trekking?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Ojiofor: 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Leadership is now by trekking,na wao for this Buhari era.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by centoke30(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
I knew it will come to this. APC always capitalizing on inconsequential frivolities

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by magoo10(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
StillX10:
800m is not even up to 1km o

Let him run the 800m instead that's when we know he is fit
It is about a kilometer yet zombies are masturbating and counting it as an achievement.

A dullard whose incompetence have been exposed by his vice due to absence from office is unfit mentally and physically to lead a complex nation.

76 Likes

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Ndonu101: 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Someone that goes to London for medical repair every 6 months

God does not sleep, let him campaign na, he will soon need to be rushed to London again!

Buhari is too ill to run a vast country like Nigeria. stop the deceit

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by madridguy(m): 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sai Baba

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
Buhari, come and be going o

10 Likes

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by pansophist(m): 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
Even if trekking counts, the seat of presidency is more of intellectual fitness than physical. Presidential trekking has never transformed an economy or developed a society.

undecided

45 Likes

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by akinsmyk(m): 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
They have started the lies again. Do we need a seer to tell us Buhari is not the messiah? Do we want to joke with another 4 years?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Auxtin85(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
Una not dey stop to amaze person. Trekking na the yardstick to measure who go fit run again for another 4yrs? APC i hail una

11 Likes

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by mayDtolu(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
Even If he is not Physically fit......#He would win 2019 election without stress....Cos I've not seen any aspirant capable of defeating BUHARI......
#Most people Opposing Buhari on nairaland are Igbos and Southerners are not dah much...
"Northerners are still in support of SAI BABA".

If u know u know....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by HajimeSaito(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

Unless that 800 meter trek was able to somehow magically enhance his low IQ and somehow magically make him care about the victims of his herdsmen brethren, then it was all an empty publicity stunt.

Note to all zombies: The trek from Aso Rock to Daura is going to b SIGNIFICANTLY longer than 800 metres. I hope Dull-ardinho does not end up trekking his way into a grave.

Zombies always be dancing shaku shaku over any useless bit of news about their messiah.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Rilwayne001: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
cool
Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by faithfull18(f): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
Like I was expecting...
Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Adebowale89(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
he's physically fit for 2019, where has his physically lead us to?

is he mentally, psychologically, strategically and Democratic fit for 2019

someone working 1million kilometer doesn't invalidate they aren't sick.

5 Likes

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by dlondonbadboy: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin

Buhari is walking...

1 Like

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
I'm tired of Nigerian.
So many frivolous people in power.
Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
Thank God he is fit.

Let him come and be going to daura ooo..
...Daura...
Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by origima: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ndonu101:
Someone that goes to London for medical repair every 6 months

God does not sleep, let him campaign na, he will soon need to be rushed to London again!

Buhari is too ill to run a vast country like Nigeria. stop the deceit

MY CHILD,REMEMBER WHAT HAPPEND TO DELE GIWA AND CHUBA OKADIGBO AFTER INSULTING HON.DR.NNAMDI AZIKIWE COS OF NPN IN 1981? BE CAREFUL.....History will vindicate the just and God shall punish the wicked.....Finally, may I now recount the disputations of those who are using the print and electronic media to make mockery of old age. Here I kneel and pray to Almighty God, the creator of the universe - my maker, who knows why I was created and what is my destiny, to demonstrate to infidels and miscreants that they will not live to be old. And I trust that they will die unwept and unsung, like a flower that is plucked in its bloom, as an example of the vanity of human wishes and the futility of insulting old age....Veritably, it is unAfrican and inhuman to make mockery of old age, because Africans and all human beings pray to God to prolong their life span. Nevertheless, those Nigerian politicians who indulge in this abomination shall not live to be old...Amen, Amin. Ise. Ashe."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Rilwayne001: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
Tambuwal stated this during a solidarity visit of students and youth in Sokoto, last week.
He said: “We love President Buhari and that was why we supported him in 2015 unconditionally, and while doing that, we are too sure that he will seek re-election after his first term, but when things are wrong we have to tell him.
“We still believe in his integrity, patriotism and courage
but these are not enough for a leader.

Tambuwal is now stylishly campaigning for Buhari. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by Justinah4real(f): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
magoo10:
It is about half a kilometer yet zombies are masturbating and counting it as an achievement.

A dullard whose incompetence have been exposed by his vice due to absence from office is unfit mentally and physically to lead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by NobodyKnows(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin
Wailers right now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by adedayoa2(f): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
Trekking does not amount to good governance

1 Like

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by baysherpsyche: 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
Why im no jog go im house if im wan show sey im fit, yeye dey smell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal by YoungLionken(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
If he like mak him trek go London

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu APC Rejects Onyeama Ministerial Nomination, Describes As Terrible Mistake / Buhari Arrives Naval Base In Lagos / Ayade Takes Over Cross River North APC Senate Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.