Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC (26613 Views)

The National Chairman Of ADC Welcomes Peter Obi In Abuja Office(photos) / 2023: I’m Not Member Of APC, I’m Running Home After Serving Buhari – Adesina / IPOB Brains- Nnamdi Is IPOB Leader Not Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Nairatrend: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
@NAIRATREND.COM.NG

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has stated that he is not a member of the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

He said while urging the party leadership to avoid the same political mistakes that had affected the smooth running of major political parties in Nigeria.

Obasanjo outlined the problems with the two major political parties as image, discipline, commitment and leadership deficit.

Obasanjo said this when he received the National Working Committee, NWC, of the ADC, led by the Chairman, Chief Ralph Nwosu, in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

He said in such a short period, the party had become a force to reckon with in Nigeria’s politics.

He said, “Be prudent as a party, and uphold its uniqueness of being members’ driven party, where its members are the financiers and not a few money bags.”

He explained that being prudent would help in no small way in preventing the party from toeing the path of past governments in terms of using “government money directly or indirectly to fund the party.”

The ex-President added, “I am happy that the party has become a credible alternative to the other two parties in such a short period. I have said it many times that I am not a member of ADC; I will, however, provide guidance where necessary. You have to make sure that you are guided by the vision of the party at all times, and continue to accord women and youths the chance to participate without discrimination.

“The major parties, right now, have image deficit, discipline deficit, commitment deficit, and leadership deficit. Once you are able to ensure that you are not found wanting in all these areas, you would have conquered the major challenges of running an ideal party that will produce credible leaders; and there must be internal democracy.”

He, therefore, advised ADC leaders at all levels to focus on their short, medium and long-term objectives, noting that, in the short term, ADC would have an impressive number of lawmakers at the House of Representatives and Senate, control a good number of state governments, and also work in collaboration with other parties to form the right government at the federal level.

“Once this is done, your short-term objective has been achieved. You can then focus on your medium-term objective. However, the only thing that can uphold a political party is morality. You can’t be a party condoning indiscipline,” he said.

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/2019-obasanjo-outlines-major-issues-with-apc-pdp-says-hes-not-member-of-adc/

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Nairatrend: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2018

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Corrinthians(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
This is the total definition of.. . grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Bigmugu: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin
Corrinthians:

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Bigmugu: 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2018

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Justpassingby2(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Like say e go help make 2016 npowerite get permanent job... make i see wetin this my neighbour put for fire jare

I swear any party that had one time associated with this man or will associate with him will never get my vote...
only the idiots will argue. .....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by TheOdd1sOut: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Look at the old man blowing grammer and criticizing better people.

When he was there, why didn't he do what he is suggesting??

Naija matter don tire me

All this ones politicians are doing is just film. Season film.

Obasanjo has fouled the air and now he is pretending as if didnt do it

21 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by mooremoney(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
I no dey reason OBJ again as a state man. him follow put us for this Buhari's mess

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by dust144(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
Stategies

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by BruncleZuma: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by khanivorous(f): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Federal Republic of banana

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Mowoe(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Didn't bother to read the Story.

People who claim to want to change Nigeria are thesame people consorting with the unrepentant baba that has done nothing but blame other politicians and political parties for the shit the country has become but has never taken responsibility for the role he played in 'The Making of a Shitty Country.'

Trust politicians at your own peril.
sad sad sad

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by dingbang(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obasanjo should just leave politics and settle down.

Meanwhile, esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform wonderful transactions on the first mobile app, please click the link on my signature for more details on how to register, thanks .
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by lookatew: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Oh Lawd! Abeg, who dey always carry microphone go give dis serial fornicator wey no fit control im d*ck na?

After embezzling billions, dis monkey go dey feel like elder wey suppose dey give advice.

Don't u have ur children's wives u should be sleeping with instead of spiting trash.. Nigerians are done listening to past leaders who didn't do anything in their tenure and think they can comman give advice.

F*ck outta here!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
This man should stfu.

ADC cannot win one state in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by naijafun: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hmmm....
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by kalu61(m): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obj not behind ADC. I thought he tore his PDP ticket and definitely not in APC.
On what platform is he fighting the present government?

Nawao.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by JacksonOyibo: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
smiley
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by ORACLE1975(m): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by ojmaroni247(m): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obj the bad nigga grin

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Shukuakukobambi: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Corrinthians:

Ebora owu doesn't care if some people die this night. He just likes throwing confusion into the camp of those who see him as their redeemer from buhari cheesy

This baba is wicked!! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by tolexy007(m): 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Did anybody observe that thier is no fuel scarcity during this sallah? hope it will b the same during Christmas... we are watching

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by binaws(m): 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
help me ask baba iyabo whr is light. Ole. Yam eater. Na them

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by afroniger: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
I don't know why I find it difficult to believe anything this Obj of a man says.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Philinho(m): 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obj should stop this confusion as election time draws near.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Eponyeeboz: 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Ebora owu doesn't care if some people die this night. He just likes throwing confusion into the camp of those who see him as their redeemer from buhari cheesy

This baba is wicked!! cheesy

You'll see how those guys would start insulting OBJ as if without Obasanjo, they're hopeless.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by id4sho(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
This Man is confused again, we need another ABACHA to jail his assss.

RAM IS A MUSLIM, WHILE SHEEP IS A CHRISTIAN.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by fredoooooo: 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
Aremu remu ko sanwo grin grin
Aremu buy palmwine refuse to pay grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by adeolu21: 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
This man should stfu.

ADC cannot win one state in Nigeria

for ur mind
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Macmoni(m): 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
y
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Shukuakukobambi: 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

You'll see how those guys would start insulting OBJ as if without Obasanjo, they're hopeless.

Their matter time me cheesy

Meanwhile, have you noticed how they've started strategizing for 2023? is it that they've given up on 2019 already? cheesy

CC: Butterflyleo, Corrinthians

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Bot Member Opposes Metuh, Explains Why Party Will Hang Buhari’s Portrait / Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Aisha Buhari Promises To Take Care Of Baby Born With Exposed Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.