Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,436 members, 7,836,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC (26631 Views)

The National Chairman Of ADC Welcomes Peter Obi In Abuja Office(photos) / 2023: I’m Not Member Of APC, I’m Running Home After Serving Buhari – Adesina / IPOB Brains- Nnamdi Is IPOB Leader Not Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Magajiibb: 7:40am On Aug 22, 2018
Just respect your self and go and sitdown and be watching. Instead of trying to be relevant by all means. All this old politician, when will they repent self? The painful thing is that he still want to have Nigeria in his tip, doing anything possible to discredit this government since he is not among the key player. After buhari no more space for all this old politician. We shall gradually flush u people out. Let buhari lay the foundation for us. People like obasanjo, is only buhari that can deal with them for now. The rest shall be taking care of later.
Nairatrend:
@NAIRATREND.COM.NG

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has stated that he is not a member of the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

He said while urging the party leadership to avoid the same political mistakes that had affected the smooth running of major political parties in Nigeria.

Obasanjo outlined the problems with the two major political parties as image, discipline, commitment and leadership deficit.

Obasanjo said this when he received the National Working Committee, NWC, of the ADC, led by the Chairman, Chief Ralph Nwosu, in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

He said in such a short period, the party had become a force to reckon with in Nigeria’s politics.

He said, “Be prudent as a party, and uphold its uniqueness of being members’ driven party, where its members are the financiers and not a few money bags.”

He explained that being prudent would help in no small way in preventing the party from toeing the path of past governments in terms of using “government money directly or indirectly to fund the party.”

The ex-President added, “I am happy that the party has become a credible alternative to the other two parties in such a short period. I have said it many times that I am not a member of ADC; I will, however, provide guidance where necessary. You have to make sure that you are guided by the vision of the party at all times, and continue to accord women and youths the chance to participate without discrimination.

“The major parties, right now, have image deficit, discipline deficit, commitment deficit, and leadership deficit. Once you are able to ensure that you are not found wanting in all these areas, you would have conquered the major challenges of running an ideal party that will produce credible leaders; and there must be internal democracy.”

He, therefore, advised ADC leaders at all levels to focus on their short, medium and long-term objectives, noting that, in the short term, ADC would have an impressive number of lawmakers at the House of Representatives and Senate, control a good number of state governments, and also work in collaboration with other parties to form the right government at the federal level.

“Once this is done, your short-term objective has been achieved. You can then focus on your medium-term objective. However, the only thing that can uphold a political party is morality. You can’t be a party condoning indiscipline,” he said.

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/2019-obasanjo-outlines-major-issues-with-apc-pdp-says-hes-not-member-of-adc/

Ilochukwuka:

Fuel scarcity are caused by our greedy Christians oil marketers. They will encourage the Muslim counterparts in the business to join hands during Christmas, but during sallah they protect their own. That is why we southerners are political fools to the North ]
My brother dont attach religion to it, they are all criminals. Am sure it will be difficult for them this time around
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:04am On Aug 22, 2018
kalu61:
Obj not behind ADC. I thought he tore his PDP ticket and definitely not in APC.
On what platform is he fighting the present government?

Nawao.
Open neutral criticism based on principle. All entitled.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:06am On Aug 22, 2018
binaws:
help me ask baba iyabo whr is light. Ole. Yam eater. Na them
Entry examination still on
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by seundoc: 8:08am On Aug 22, 2018
What is wrong with this Baba self.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by farem: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2018
Nairatrend:

Obasanjo, a hypocrite. He knows where the pendulum is swinging and smartly distances himself from ADC.
Nigerians know the origin of that party.

Obasanjo, a smart political hypocrite

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Onyemabright(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2018
tolexy007:
Did anybody observe that thier is no fuel scarcity during this sallah? hope it will b the same during Christmas... we are watching
My brother ur right
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by Eponyeeboz: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2018
Zuorom:
Confused old man

How market? grin
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by win2kwire: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2018
Everywhere Obasanjo goes he should be reminded of Gen Godwin Alabi-Isama.

OBJ is fake!
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC by SirBunky85(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
tolexy007:
Did anybody observe that thier is no fuel scarcity during this sallah? hope it will b the same during Christmas... we are watching
nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG May Outlaw Yoruba Nation Group, Like IPOB – AGF Office / Valentine Onuigbo, Karshi District Labour Party Chairman Dies In His Sleep / Senator Ndume Blames Presidency For Saraki, Dogara’s Defections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.