Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says (17408 Views)

Buhari Says Nigeria Is Ready To Assist Distressed African Countries / It's Unjust To Say I'm Silent On Killings By Herdsmen - President Buhari Says / ''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
He said the programme offers Nigerian youths a unique chance to understand different parts of the country.

President Muhammadu Buhari has hailed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) as one of the best things to happen to Nigeria.

The president hailed the programme after he was visited by corps members at his Daura home in Katsina State on Tuesday, August 21, 2018, as part of the Sallah celebrations by Muslim faithfuls across the country.

In tweets posted on the president's official Twitter account (@MBuhari), he said the programme offers Nigerian youths a unique chance to understand different parts of the country other than their own.

He said, "One of the Sallah traditions I look forward to the most is the visit by Youth Corpers posted to Daura. I think the NYSC is one of the best things that has happened to Nigeria, because of the opportunity it gives young Nigerians to see and know different parts of the country.

"Many of the Corps members posted to Daura are from southern Nigeria, and have never lived in or experienced this part of the country. For them to be brought to the desert or near the Sahel region is a difficult thing, but I have no doubt it will make a positive impact on Nigeria.

"I welcomed them to my ancient town of Daura, and asked them to enjoy their service year, and the hospitality of the people. Regardless of where they're from, Daura is also their home, and I hope that in the years to come they will look back to this time with fond memories."

Buhari remains mute on minister accused of NYSC fraud

The president's comments on the NYSC programme comes in light of his refusal to comment on allegations that the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, forged an NYSC certificate.

Investigations by online news platform, Premium Times, uncovered the minister's alleged forgery of an NYSC exemption certificate after failing to enroll for the one-year mandatory scheme for all Nigerian graduates.

Despite the public pressure on Buhari to fire the minister or, at least, acknowledge the situation, he has not said anything about the controversy which first surfaced 45 days ago.

Earlier in August, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said the president's image has not been dented in any way by the controversy.

He said the president cannot act until the allegations have been proven to be genuine by the the appropriate authorities.

In July, NYSC promised to investigate the origin of the purported exemption certificate but no update has been provided after several weeks.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/buhari-says-nysc-one-of-the-best-things-to-happen-to-nigeria-id8752551.html

1 Like

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Oriyomin25(m): 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
I hope by next year PMB will actualise d increment of NYSC allowance to 50k.. I need to save nothing less than 500k for my fishery business.

Like this if u think this will happen under buhari.

Share if u think it's never gonna happen under PMB.

49 Likes 64 Shares

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Lirqur: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Biggest lie since mutherfuckin Luggard and Flora created this trap. NYSC is a big lie, a lie, a lie, a lie, a lie, ooohhhhhhhhh.

Now why is it a lie? First from the fact that majority of those posted to wherever they get are mostly unsatisfied with where there get. Most will rather do their 3weeks camp and seek redeployment, or start working it before they are posted. And where do they redeploy to? A place very close to their home, or where there's family. That's one.

Two, After all these years of propagating integration we still haven't seen ourselves as one. Nairaland is a good example of the segmentation of how we see ourselves. How we have partitioned crime to tribes. The thing is, even if you were never tribalistic , when you see the continuous banter on Nairaland you'll know that we really don't gat the tolerance to be one. Even subconsciously, you may start to stereotype without knowing you have joined NCAN.

Going on, if we where one from the onset, there would never be a need to create a program to remind us "we are one." We would naturally see ourselves as one without being told. While I myself was willing and still willing to see everyone as one. I have exhausted my threshold for the love of oneness. It can never happen, I believed the charade for too long, it takes a high level of intelligence to overlook stereotypes and tribes and all matters causing disunity. The's a lot of strength in unity a whole lot but Nigeria as a whole ain't packed with that high level intelligent folks to overlook differences and embrace oneness. And even still, no matter how you can overlook tribes and ish, a subtle part of you just wants to associate with someone you know you both understand each other wel. Such as when it comes to ishes like marriage.

Split this mutha fuckin contraption. There's nothing like a Nigerian. But there's a Yoruba man, an Igbo man, a ,Hausa man, an Edo man. No fuckin Nigerian. Love is not enough. Splitting will do.

Salam

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by bercarray(m): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
someone that did not do NYSC is the best thing to happen, please where is his son posted to?better be daura cos u joining him soon. let him be there first to prepare for your homecoming

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by MartinCorridon: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
I enjoyed back-breaking sex in Abia during NYSC...

Broke records on Chicken Invaders on office computer...

Wasted 365 days of my life angry

39 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by abelanthonyblog: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mtcheeew.. And you are the worst thing that have happened to Nigerians..

13 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by sykeng(m): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
But they were massacred because u lost 2011 election, One of the best things yet the certificate was forged by your minister yet you kept mute. NYSC Demerit out weighs the merit.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by ednut1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
National year of sex and enjoyment. I saw terrible tins

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by 3millionia: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
How I wish #NYSC were to be #WYSC Worldwide Youth Service Corp After you graduate, they post you to New York to serve, Post some to Dubai Then the middle east will be like the north east, If they post you to Afghan, Syria or Iraq, you redeploy back to
Jamaica, Brazil or Spain!

Kaii!! Then USA, Canada and UK Will be like Abuja, Port Harcourt and Lagos... where everyone is rushing!
Calabar and Uyo are like Caribbean and Hawaii

Omo you'll see Nigerian students taking school very serious... so they can go and serve!
And if you serve well, they retain you maybe in Google Office, Or Facebook USA
Blackberry Canada or Apple!!!

#Chai! Someone pls wake me up grin

Follow my dj mixtapes blog www.mixtapes.ng

28 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
Yet your finance minister scam them, id1otic presid1ot.

National youth scam commision.

Heavy scam of the century.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by EloquentMedia: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
ofcourse, thats how the North gets free teachers that can speak English. Theyre benefiting maximally from the arrangement and Im happy for them

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by bedspread: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
NYSC is a great initiative
But the Killing of innocent Corpers makes one scared on the Program..

1 Like

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by fatymore(f): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Make sure the money you promise to pay Us no be sakamanje

3 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Malocity(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
As if he went for NYSC. Can you tell someone about a thing you never tasted how it is?

9 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by phollybee(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
I'm hear check the figure, if its discussed! #49,800
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
yeah, I agree with him on this, though he is the worst president Nigeria ever had. The person that implemented NYSC is intellectually and spiritually sound. This is the only government parastatals even with the massive looting still has a reasonable impact on Nigeria populace. It promotes unity, gives exposure to youth and several advantages I forget to mention.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by iambabaG: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
To heal the wounds of he civil war.. Yes!
But it has lost it’s bearing.
It’s increasingly becoming a year of hell!
The conditions are not conducive for animals talk more of a human being.
Tbe government should either overhaul the system, make it optional or scrap the damn program.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by kudos4god(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
Our Lord is good

1 Like

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Oriyomin25(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
abelanthonyblog:
Mtcheeew.. And you are the worst thing that have happened to Nigeria..

Are u sure??
CU's ur English says otherwise.
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by wezzyjasified(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
the should increase allowee and Corps members security

1 Like

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by SolutionMee: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
Says a man that refused to finish secondary school

Honestly, if i am Buhari, i will use such avenue to cry and show remorse of my past failure

Let's call a spade a spade

Buhari f**cked up

Big time undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
Oriyomin25:
I hope by next year PMB will actualise d increment of NYSC allowance to 50k.. I need to save nothing less than 500k for my fishery business.

Like this if u think this will happen under buhari.

Share if u think it's never gonna happen under PMB.

Stop dreaming.
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Adduce(m): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
Their kids don't participate in it. ..a big decit!!!

5 Likes

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by BruncleZuma: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
He must be high on sallah ram suya.

1 Like

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by pentax(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
What about Madam Kemi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Edu3Again: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
Buhari means that NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To the NORTH not Nigeria.

NYSC is simply a ploy to take well educated Southerners to the North Cheaply

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Yea, all things being equal, the NYSC programme is really an avenue for a Nigerian to relate and interact with a whole new environment and clime. It's educative and adventurous, increases your adaptability and knowledge of your fatherland but this is Nigeria
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by MAJORBANKZ(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
j
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by adrenaline02: 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
heard the allawee was increased to 25k
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Iscoalarcon: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
MartinCorridon:
I enjoyed back-breaking sex in Abia during NYSC...

Broke records on Chicken Invaders on office computer...

Wasted 365 days of my life angry
at least you have achieved some great feats Na undecided
Re: NYSC One Of The Best Things To Happen To Nigeria - President Buhari Says by Wayne4uall(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
Wen nysc allowance is not up to wat his children spent every minute, this man must b High on kerosene

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Aspirants, Stakeholders In Last Throw Of The Dice / APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP / Travellers Abducted In Fresh Kaduna Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.