Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe (18493 Views)

Atiku’s Midnight Overtures To Jonathan Hit Brick Wall - The Cabke / Obi, Ekweremadu, Abaribe Withdraw From Presidential, Governorship Race / Ekweremadu, Abaribe, Dino Melaye With Ahmed Lawan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by dre11(m): 5:15am On Aug 22, 2018
Abaribe said he rejected overtures made to him severally to replace Ekweremadu as the number two in the Senate

Magnus Eze, Enugu

Leader of South East Caucus in the National Assembly and Chairman, Senate Committee on Power, Sen. Enyinnaya Abaribe, has said the unity existing among senators from the zone had sustained Ike Ekweremadu as Deputy Senate President.

Abaribe, who spoke at the public presentation of the report of the implementation of the 2017 capital budget of the Federal Government in the South East, in Enugu, yesterday, said he rejected overtures made to him severally to replace Ekweremadu as the number two in the Senate, but he turned it down.

“South East senators are united; that’s why your son (Ekweremadu) has remained as Deputy Senate President. They had approached me severally, to say ‘is he the only one that should be there. But I know we have unity of purpose; we’re united as South East senators,” he said.

He blamed the unending fight between the Executive and the Legislature for the poor implementation of annual budgets over the years, especially on the issue of zonal intervention projects.

He also identified mismatch of what the people needed as projects and what the government wanted to provide for them as another problem militating against budget implementation.

The Abia South senator opined that the challenge was not really to put an item in the budget, but the ability of the executive to execute the project. He, therefore, assured the organisers that he will work closely with other South East lawmakers to create an opportunity for them to discuss the report.

Former Economic Adviser to the President and Director General of the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Prof. Osita Ogbu, applauded the governors for making out time to talk about development, instead of politics.

He tasked them to do realistic budgets for their states rather than wasting funds on inanities.

http://sunnewsonline.com/rejected-overtures-replace-ekweremadu-abaribe/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by simplyhonest(m): 5:16am On Aug 22, 2018
overtures from who?... people just like to feel relevant... you can never replace Ekweremadu in the first place...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19am On Aug 22, 2018
They had approached me severally, to say ‘is he the only one that should be there. But I know we have unity of purpose; we’re united as South East senators,” he said.

Lol cheesy
Comedians EVERYWHERE! cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by GavelSlam: 6:04am On Aug 22, 2018
What a coincidence. I too rejected overtures to replace Lionel Messi at Barcelona.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by zakim(m): 6:07am On Aug 22, 2018
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by capatainrambo: 6:20am On Aug 22, 2018
we know sir.

Nigerians re aware that the apc govt is using state security to hound opposition members.

only zombies don't know

thing wey sweet me be say apc is like opposition party in this scenario. pdp. has the house cheesy. and the thong dey pain zombies well well grin

a zombie is even here comparing himself to messi.. idiat

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Almaiga: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2018
Trash, Abaribe must produce Nnamdi Kanu Dead or alive.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by princetigris(m): 7:26am On Aug 22, 2018
AkuKo Mike Ejeagha

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by magoo10(m): 7:37am On Aug 22, 2018
Zombies will not like this

PDP have been running the national assembly since 500bc and making laws for the useless APC executive.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:38am On Aug 22, 2018
I really congratulate South East politicians at the level of unity they have displayed so far.

At least this generation of politicians have shown that they differ from Chuba Okadigbo group.

Nigerians have a way of stereotyping the Igbos on every issue. At least we have seen serious bickering and disagreement among politicians from other region with nobody talking. If it were to be Igbos, their mouths will sharpen like knives.

I don't know if this is just mere JEALOUSY on people who God has imparted inate progressive mindset or what?

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 22, 2018
Buhari supposed to be removed from the face of the earth...he is anti democratic.

25 Likes

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by johnmartus(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2018
Crap I hate this people. They will never make their position know without exaggerate .

2 Likes

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by johnmartus(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Buhari supposed to be removed from the face of the earth...he is anti democratic.
illiterate many of you just here to abuse authority .you guys refused to learn. Bleep you.�

7 Likes

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 22, 2018
johnmartus:
illiterate many of you just here to abuse authority .you guys refused to learn. Bleep you.�

Buhari and. Osibanjo are terrorists and worst mistake to have happened to this sinking country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by diebuhari1: 7:52am On Aug 22, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
I really congratulate South East politicians at the level of unity they have displayed so far.

At least this generation of politicians have shown that they differ from Chuba Okadigbo group.

Nigerians Yorubas have a way of stereotyping the Igbos on every issue. At least we have seen serious bickering and disagreement among politicians from other region with nobody talking. If it were to be Igbos, their mouths will sharpen like knives.

I don't know if this is just mere JEALOUSY on people who God has imparted inate progressive mindset or what?
Any little thing that happens in the South East is termed as disunity among Igbos or hatred for one another especially by Yorubas. Governor of Oyo state destroyed the properties of an investor from Ekiti state, nobody said anything about division or hatred. Just imagine Anambra governor destroying the properties of an Imo state investor and the reaction from Yorubas.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Iamgrey5(m): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2018
diebuhari1:
Any little thing that happens in the South East is termed as disunity among Igbos or hatred for one another especially by Yorubas. Governor of Oyo state destroyed the properties of an investor from Ekiti state, nobody said anything about division or hatred. Just imagine Anambra governor destroying the properties of an Imo state investor and the reaction from Yorubas.

@ emboldened

You are reading too much meaning to what ever happened in Ibadan last Sunday. There was no sectarian undertone like you are insinuating

A Yoruba governor destroyed a Yoruba celebrity's property based on whatever reason known to the governor.

I don't think anyone involved cared about the state either of the parties involved came from.

8 Likes

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Justpassingby2(m): 8:37am On Aug 22, 2018
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by gen2briz(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2018
OK Murasi
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2018
Guide our leaders right “

Help our youth “
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Firefire(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2018
APC, is indeed a terrorist organization.

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by easynetsms(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2018
Ok
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Godjone(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2018
A good man. God bless the PDP the only democratic party in Nigeria
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by vedaxcool(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2018
grin grin I rejected overtures to become a supermod on nairaland - useless Abaribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by BruncleZuma: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Opinionated: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2018
Okay.
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:40am On Aug 22, 2018
Ok. It is noted.
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by kennypoju04: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2018
Fear fear...
Check my siggy to get your Yuan's @ #51/¥
Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2018
GavelSlam:
What a coincidence. I too rejected overtures to replace Lionel Messi at Barcelona.
Hahahaha

5 Likes

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by sureheaven(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2018
Keep kwayet useless ipob Senator.

If u like, no go produce Nnamdi kanu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by MrImole: 8:42am On Aug 22, 2018
APC is just too disastrous

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by buharitill2023: 8:43am On Aug 22, 2018
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist politicians can not hold on to power for a year, if thief saraki was from the east, he would have be remove within a year.
If thief David mark was from the east, he wouldn't have be there for 8yrs.
Just DSP, these idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist senator is already happy of not replacing thief ekwerumadu within a year as their culture demand.

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Overtures To Replace Ekweremadu – Abaribe by Hector09(m): 8:43am On Aug 22, 2018
Greedy fools, as if ur people ve deel ur impart

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

OFFICIAL Result Frm Kano Presidential Election / Abdulrasheed Bawa Released From SSS Detention / Herdsmen Kill Lazarus Agai, Plateau Monarch And His Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.