Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders (3209 Views)

Eid-El-Kabir: Okowa Calls For United Nigeria / Suswam Seeks 2 Days In Prison For Leaders / Saraki, Dogara Backers Bank On APC Primaries’ Crises For Leaders’ Survival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by HenryUbus12345(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2018
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has called on Nigerians to put aside their religious
and political differences and push for a united country as Muslims mark the celebration of this year’s Eid-el-Kabir.
He urged the Muslims to emulate the Holy Prophet Mohammed by imbibing the ideals of sacrifice exemplified by the prophet.
Okowa, in a Sallah message by his Chief Press Secretary, Charles Aniagwu, said that Eid-el-Kabir was a season of love, peace, togetherness and sacrifice.
“I enjoin you to use the period to uphold the spiritual benefit of the celebration by extending a hand of friendship and solidarity
across all divides and imbibing the spirit of sacrifice and obedience to the higher authority
as exemplified by Prophet Ibrahim and upheld by Prophet Muhammed.
“This is an opportunity for us to reflect and pray for our nation; and for all those in leadership positions so that God in his infinite mercy will continue to guide them as they steer the affairs of the country,” Governor Okowa said.
He assured the people of Delta State that the state government would work with security agencies to ensure that all citizens celebrate the Sallah in peace and harmony.
While thanking them for the consistent support that they had always extended to his administration, Governor Okowa congratulated the Muslim community in Delta State on the Sallah celebration, assuring
them that his administration would continue to partner them to move the state forward.
Meanwhile, Delta State Governor, Senator
(Dr.) Ifeanyi Okowa has emerged Best Governor-Grassroots and People Development in the 2018 Nigeria’s Good Governance Poll organised by the African Leadership Magazine, Uk.
Governor Okowa emerged winner in this category in recognition of his giant strides in the development of entrepreneurial and technical skills and job creation for youths, women and the needy in the state, as well as massive
infrastructural development and creation of enabling environment for investment.
The organisers in a statement unveiled by the Publisher, Dr. Ken Giami, said that Governor Okowa emerged winner at the end of the collation of both offline and online votes across all the channels and platforms.
It stated further that Senator Okowa and other winners would be decorated and presented with the instruments of honour and award on September 25, 2018 in front of over 300 political, business and diplomatic leaders in New York, at the International Forum on African Leadership on the sideline of the United Nations General Assembly Meeting
in New York.
Other winners in other categories are: Mr. Nyesome Wike, Rivers State; Mallam Nasiru El-Rufai, Kaduna State; Alhaji Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, Gombe State and Lagos State Governor Akinwumi Ambode, while Nigerian Communications
Commission, NCC, emerged as the Best Government Institution for the year.
The poll, which is in its third year, has become a veritable tool for measuring performance

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Macopol01(m): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2018
FRONT PAGE AGAIN ?? grin

Shower me with ‘like’ abeg
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by eseveli(m): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2018
Okk.. time to fry my civet

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2018
GOD BLESS Okowa.
God BLESS Buhari.
God bless you.
God bless Us.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Caseless, Barka De Sallah.
Where the meat @ paddy?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Olayemie(m): 7:22am On Aug 22, 2018
hmmmmmm.... election things....
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by easynetsms(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2018
Ok
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Macopol01(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2018
Happy Eid-kabir mubarak to all Muslims..may we witness more of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Trapnews: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2018
Why is nobody talking about Nigerian mothers locked up in Owerri? President Buhari, please have mercy oooo, for the sake of unity, kindly release them and give them final warning. The Hausas should also join us to plead for the Igbos on this please, we can insult ourselves on social media for the fun of it but should know when to stand for each other in times of need. Nigerian mothers please be strong, help is coming! God Bless Nigeriaundecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by nony43(m): 7:25am On Aug 22, 2018
Happy holidays Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by lilmax(m): 7:25am On Aug 22, 2018
one thing I know is karma is real.....ibori and uduaghan wicked but okowa na baba for wickedness grin

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Aderewah: 7:29am On Aug 22, 2018
Do you know that in Nigeria, the political leaders of the igbo aren't igbo?

They are, in no particular order
1. Saraki
2. Femi Fani Kayode
3. Atiku
4. Day one
5. Reno

Na joke I dey o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by dingbang(m): 7:29am On Aug 22, 2018
Good
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by magzey: 7:32am On Aug 22, 2018
Thank you the people Governor grin
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Deltatoto: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2018
lilmax:
one thing I know is karma is real.....ibori and uduaghan wicked but okowa na baba for wickedness grin
wetin my uncles do u
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 22, 2018
Okowa
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2018
Aderewah:
Do you know that in Nigeria, the political leaders of the igbo troublemakers aren't igbo?

1. Saraki
2. Femi Fani Kayode
3. Atiku
4. Day one
5. Reno

Na joke I dey o
Not for we true ones sha.
But you are not far from the truth about the wailers and haters.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:38am On Aug 22, 2018
Deltatoto:
god purnish the Monica’s u mentioned I have over 10 monica if them barn this one I use the others.
Monica shocked shocked

Monica where u dey ooo ?
Jesus wept!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Caseless: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70496251:
GOD BLESS Okowa.
God BLESS Buhari.
God bless you.
God bless Us.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Caseless, Barka De Sallah.
Where the meat @ paddy?

Ma brother, thank you very much. Meat choke nau grin I no de look am again sef. If to say I fit see the one grilled by u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2018
Caseless:

Ma brother, thank you very much. Meat choke nau grin I no de look am again sef. If to say I fit see the one grilled by u.
Lol wink, Abi now.
I trust you bro.
We go hook up soon man!
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by centurionpapa(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2018
We appreciate your good wishes but what Muslims want is to be included in the scheme of things in Delta and other SS/SE states.
It's terrible living as a Muslims in those States
Good bless Nigeria
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Caseless: 7:49am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70496766:

Lol wink, Abi now.
I trust you bro.
We go hook up soon man!
I believe say we go soon hook up .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53am On Aug 22, 2018
Caseless:
I believe say we go soon hook up .
Sure tin!
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Edu3Again: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2018
embarassed
HajimeSaito:
angry angry angry angry

Meanwhile in the MUDSLIME north, MUDSLIMES are showing their true colours...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7610859_dailypost_ng20170122northernstategovernorspersecutingchristiansdemolishingchurchescaniphone678plus1_jpeg5e2c9bf963041b2221883d52ee132045

US blames killings in Nigeria on reign of impunity-Punch Newspaper
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7609251_usblameskillingsinnigeriaonreignofimpunity_jpeg95964b15171f3380dcda8e5b8ead0b8e
Taiwo Ojoye
21 Aug 2018
The United States of America has blamed the killings in the Middle Belt and northern Nigeria on what it identified as the reign of impunity,.

The American government also said the killings increased because the perpetrators were not punished.

“The Nigerian government should strengthen its laws to deal with killers,” it advised.

The US also urged the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure the conduct of a free, fair, transparent, peaceful and credible process of the 2019 general elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

“We want partners in ways to ensure that the kind of violence we have seen over the past months don’t flare up in any election”, the American government stated.

The Deputy Chief of Mission and Charge de Affaires, US Embassy in Nigeria, David Young, expressed these views in an interview with journalists on Sunday night in Jos during his fellowship with church leaders in Plateau State.

Young, who is said to be a key member of the Methodist Church in the US, was responding to questions on the solution to the ceaseless killings and crisis between farmers and Fulani herdsmen in Plateau State, after he delivered a sermon titled, ‘Living as a Christian in a multi-religious and multi-cultural context.’

He also paid tribute to the 83-year-old Imam of Nghar village, Gashish District, Alhaji Abubakar Abdullahi, who reportedly saved 300 persons, including Christians when suspected Fulani herdsmen struck on June 24.

The acting US Ambassador to Nigeria also reiterated the condolences of the Donald Trump’s administration to the families of those killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen who attacked some communities in the Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.

He said, “On behalf of the United States government and American people, I want to express again our condolences on the tragic loss of lives across Plateau, North-Central and North-West states. Quite a lot of people have died; it has been very terrible tragedies. We want to affirm the sanctity of human lives and anytime a person dies, it is a tragic loss, be that person a Christian, Muslim, Berom, farmer or herder.

“I think it is clear, we know and government knows that as well. A lot of people are doing good things and working hard. But it needs to be even more because it is clear that there is a climate of impunity. When people are committing serious crimes, they get away with it, without being brought to justice.

READ ALSO: Long-lasting marriage does not translate to happy marriage

“It is so important that there should be very strong efforts to make sure that people are brought to justice for these terrible crimes. It is also important to address the drivers of conflicts, address opportunity, fight poverty and provide jobs and hope for young people because definitely young people are getting into terrible groups. They really need to be part of the future and as such need mentoring and parenting.”

Young said key actors in Nigeria should be deeply involved in the peace-making process.

https://punchng.com/us-blames-killings-in-nigeria-on-reign-of-impunity/amp/
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by hopexter(m): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2018
Aderewah:
Do you know that in Nigeria, the political leaders of the igbo aren't igbo?

1. Saraki
2. Femi Fani Kayode
3. Atiku
4. Day one
5. Reno

Na joke I dey o

Are you saying Okorocha is not an igbo political leader because he's not a member of the PDP?
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by Efewestern: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2018
centurionpapa:
We appreciate your good wishes but what Muslims want is to be included in the scheme of things in Delta and other SS/SE states.
It's terrible living as a Muslims in those States
Good bless Nigeria

Delta state is one of the best state in Nigeria to live, the ethnic groups making up the state don't discriminate and attack other ethnic groups, if you are a Muslim, Christian, igbe worshipper, Hausa, Fulani, igbo, Yoruba etc you are free to live anywhere.

As for the "included in the schemes of things", I beg to differ, Delta is not a Muslim state and the percentage of Muslims in the state ain't up to 4%.
Re: Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders by centurionpapa(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Delta state is one of the best state in Nigeria to live, the ethnic groups making up the state don't discriminate and attack other ethnic groups, if you are a Muslim, Christian, igbe worshipper, Hausa, Fulani, igbo, Yoruba etc you are free to live anywhere.

As for the "included in the schemes of things", I beg to differ, Delta is not a Muslim state and the percentage of Muslims in the state ain't up to 4%.
Your last paragraph contradict your opening one.
They don't discriminate and should not be included in governance.

(1) (Reply)

Its Now Clear That CAN Is Truly An Extension Of Pdp.see Pics / Do We Have Restriction Of Movement In Lagos Tommorow / Gaidom Gets Buhari Endorsement To Become New Chairman as Oshiomole panics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.