Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang (3698 Views)

Uwemjacks New Powerbike - Simba (BMW F800ST) (2) (3) (4)

I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Gluckdude20(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2018
Hello good people of Nairaland, pls im trying to get a power bike for the first time, budget is between 400 too 800k, i'm a newbie.
i'm open to suggestions on what brand to buy and what to look out for. any suggestion and ideas would be highly appreciated. i dont mind if mod can take this to the front page for optimal view. Thanks
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by nurey(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
cc shagati
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gluckdude20:
Hello good people of Nairaland, pls im trying to get a power bike for the first time, budget is between 400 too 800k, i'm a newbie.
i'm open to suggestions on what brand to buy and what to look out for. any suggestion and ideas would be highly appreciated. i dont mind if mod can take this to the front page for optimal view. Thanks
N800K power bike??
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by eaglechild: 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
erico2k2:

N800K power bike??
2nd hand "high jack"

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by oblo(m): 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
Bro.. Have you ridden before? If not it's best you go and learn how to ride. There are one otytwo in Lagos to get grips on how to.

Another thing is it would be wise to go for a smaller capacity bike like 300-650cc, get to learn and be comfy before upgrading.

Hope you know the other risks involved??

After checking all this and you clicked positive.... then why not.....

I used to ride this 2002 Kawasaki ninja Zx6 some years back before I sold it. Sweet memories I must tell you.. For now I still dey eye madam first before I arrange buy a replacement. grin

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Gluckdude20(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2018
erico2k2:

N800K power bike??

i dont get your point?

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Gluckdude20(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2018
oblo:
Bro.. Have you ridden before? If not it's best you go and learn how to ride. There are one otytwo in Lagos to get grips on how to.

Another thing is it would be wise to go for a smaller capacity bike like 300-650cc, get to learn and be comfy before upgrading.

I used to ride this 2002 Kawasaki ninja Zx6 some years back before I sold it. Sweet memories I must tell you.. For now I still dey eye madam first before I arrange buy a replacement. grin
yes i can actually. and what are the risk involve?

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Gluckdude20(m): 12:42am On Aug 23, 2018
oblo:

yes i can drive, and what are the risk involve?

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by lanrexdo(m): 12:50am On Aug 23, 2018
Alright.. well i have been riding for a while now.

Firstly.. your first bike should be a road bike and not a sport bike. it is hard to get those broken parts when you let the fall. as a newbie. it ill still fall.

Secondly.. going for regular brands like Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda. Avoid stories that touch with Kawasaki .. na over heating go kill you.

250-400cc should be your first type of bike and you will see them a little less.

Avoid millennium bikes for now because you still new and checking for good mechanic and better learn about bikes.

Investing in kits is important.

Helmet, jacket, knee guard, elbow guard, boots and gloves. They are just for small safety in case of small crash.

Goodluck and if you need someone to talk to then i you can whatsapp me on 00.

It is fun riding as long as you can keep your attention 100% while riding..

Gluckdude20:

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2018

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by lanrexdo(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2018
I own a car and also two bikes.. For your information.. when you time is up it is up. safety first.
Zoharariel:
My hand is not there. Goodluck! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4291436/5-nigerian-big-boys-killed

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2018
Gluckdude20:

i dont get your point?
there is no power Bike at that range, there is a reason its called Power bike,
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by nurey(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2018
erico2k2:

there is no power Bike at that range, there is a reason its called Power bike,

There are tokunbo power bikes for less than his budget sef. His price range is 400,000 to 850k thousands not tenth

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by lanrexdo(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2018
Yes na. He would even get a honda 1998 clean 400cc for about 350k-400k

In bikes the the most reliable and affordable are just the Yamaha , Suzuki and Honda.

nurey:

There are tokunbo power bikes for less than his budget sef. His price range is 400,000 to 850k thousands not tenth

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by divinelove(m): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
why not turn okada man

win win

Ride bike n make money too grin
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
nurey:

those are Rd bikes, A power Bike is a Sport Bike. The vast Majority of what people call Power Bike in Nigeria are nowhere near power bikes.
The average cost of a not so up market power bike is above £1500, in todays money that is almost N700K so do the maths bross
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by lanrexdo(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
At first there is nothing like power bike and there is also nothing like road bike. lol

erico2k2:

those are Rd bikes, A power Bike is a Sport Bike. The vast Majority of what people call Power Bike in Nigeria are nowhere near power bikes.

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by lanrexdo(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
Bike prices varies based on Type, Year, how many CC , Millage and the Present condition of the bike.

erico2k2:

The average cost of a not so up market power bike is above £1500, in todays money that is almost N700K so do the maths bross
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by lanrexdo(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Standard

The Ducati Monster 696 naked bike
Standards, also called naked bikes or roadsters, are versatile, general-purpose street motorcycles.[1] They are recognized primarily by their upright riding position, partway between the reclining rider posture of the cruisers and the forward leaning sport bikes.[3] Footpegs are below the rider and handlebars are high enough to not force the rider to reach too far forward, placing the shoulders above the hips in a natural position.[2] Because of their flexibility, lower costs, and moderate engine output, standards are particularly suited to motorcycle beginners.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_motorcycles
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by nurey(m): 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
erico2k2:

Any two wheel bike above 250cc is known as powerbike in Nigeria

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
nurey:

Any two wheel bike above 250cc is known as powerbike in Nigeria
This is why I said in Nigeria bro, in Reality Sport Bikes are what we call power Bikes.
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
lanrexdo:
At first there is nothing like power bike and there is also nothing like road bike. lol

there is Power bike, the sport bikes are power Bikes, this terminology is used by those in the know,.The same way we call all 4x4 Jeep in Europe, or what we refer to as Sport car. .If you Google power Bike you will get more result than goggling sport bike but I hear you.
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
lanrexdo:
Bike prices varies based on Type, Year, how many CC , Millage and the Present condition of the bike.

we know but for the purpose of this thread put ur price.
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by lanrexdo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
What price??
erico2k2:

we know but for the purpose of this thread put ur price.
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
lanrexdo:
What price??
chk 1st post plz
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Gluckdude20(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
lanrexdo:
Alright.. well i have been riding for a while now.

Firstly.. your first bike should be a road bike and not a sport bike. it is hard to get those broken parts when you let the fall. as a newbie. it ill still fall.

Secondly.. going for regular brands like Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda. Avoid stories that touch with Kawasaki .. na over heating go kill you.

250-400cc should be your first type of bike and you will see them a little less.

Avoid millennium bikes for now because you still new and checking for good mechanic and better learn about bikes.

Investing in kits is important.

Helmet, jacket, knee guard, elbow guard, boots and gloves. They are just for small safety in case of small crash.

Goodluck and if you need someone to talk to then i you can whatsapp me on 07064506305.

It is fun riding as long as you can keep your attention 100% while riding..

Thanks a lot for the insight. Most have seen is 400cc upward. Never knew there are less capacity. Any site like olx were sportbikes are majorly sold? So I can see my options. I've saved ur no tho. Will holla u at some point.

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Gluckdude20(m): 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
divinelove:
why not turn okada man

win win

Ride bike n make money too grin

Oga, I've actually got 2 good cars. Just wanted to fulfill my childhood dreams of owning a sportbike. And actually cruising on one for leisure.

Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by erico2k2(m): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2018
Gluckdude20:

Oga, I've actually got 2 good cars. Just wanted to fulfill my childhood dreams of owning a sportbike. And actually cruising on one for leisure.
U know some Nigerians see riding a bike as a sign of poverty ahahaha
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Shagati(m): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
nurey:
cc shagati

matanmi1972:
cc shagati

What'd I do? ? ?

cc: EgunMogaji
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
Shagati:

What'd I do? ? ?

cc: EgunMogaji

My standard advice for grown ups that hasn’t been riding since youth is not to think about it.

But it's a free world.
Re: I'm Joining The Powerbike Gang by Shagati(m): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:

My standard advice for grown ups that the not been riding since youth is not to think about it.

But it's a free world.

That is all!

Taiwan Toyota Camry / Honda Crv / If You Could Have Any 3 Cars, Which Would They Be And Why?