Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Do Etisalat think at all??? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Etisalat think at all??? (1511 Views)

How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat / Etisalat(9mobile) 1GB For 200 / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Etisalat think at all??? by ewizard1: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
I would like to share my opinion with you guys about Etisalat. And also hear other views.

Right from the onset, i have my MTN number linked to my bank account which I have always used to do my USSD transaction and get alerts but because Etisalat is my main business line, I updated my bank details and put in my Etisalat number which was later switched.

Few week after, I did some USSD recharges and all was good. Yesterday morning, I wanted to recharge from bank account, dialed the ussd and got a "Insufficient Balance..." reply. I was surprised and asked myself "insufficient balance in my bank account or my line..." I tried multiple times and got the same response.

I called the customer care to ask why I couldn't recharge and was told they now charge N5 for every 20seconds of the USSD session (which I don't understand till this moment) I asked the CC guy to explain better but I still don't get it...

Now, my problem is "why would you want to charge me to recharge my line when I don't even have any airtime which was the reason for the recharge?" I asked the CC guy if it was reasonable at all. A user making a call and exhausted airtime while on that call, where does the user get the N5 to do the USSD recharge?

it's so annoying how these coys setup a service without think looking clearly how it might affect.

I think I would have to go switch to my MTN for alerts.

Etisalat is just dumb..

9 Likes

Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by benedictuyi(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
Lol. Really dumb grin
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by peedicey: 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
I don't think it's only a 9mobile thing becos I encountered same on my mum's airtel line when I wanted to do a transfer......on d flip side I use 9mobile line for alerts and USSD transactions and I don't get charged
a kobo
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by MetroBaba1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Op, Banks And Network Providers Are Now Charging You When You Decide To Use Each Banks USSD.

Alternatively, Use Your Mobile Banking App.

For Airtel, Use *444#. it's Free.
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by ewizard1: 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2018
peedicey:
I don't think it's only a 9mobile thing becos I encountered same on my mum's airtel line when I wanted to do a transfer......on d flip side I use 9mobile line for alerts and USSD transactions and I don't get charged
a kobo
Please try again today, I was told they started yesterday! I have even tweeted them about it and they confirmed.
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by ewizard1: 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
MetroBaba1:
Op, Banks And Network Providers Are Now Charging You When You Decide To Use Each Banks USSD.

I tried dialing the 737 on MTN and I wasn't told insufficient balance
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by courna(m): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
MetroBaba1:

I use this all the time
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by dominique(f): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Airtel have been charging for ussd transactions for months now. They charge N5 for every step you take. I've jejely returned to my online transfer and recharging with cards. Good riddance to 737
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by Apus: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
This is not new na... I always have to borrow like N100(actually N70, after N30 must have been deducted)from them using *665# before I can recharge or pay bills via my bank. If not for d love I have for them I for don port tey tey.
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by peedicey: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
ewizard1:
Please try again today, I was told they started yesterday! I have even tweeted them about it and they confirmed.
Still transfered money dis evening and my airtime was not deducted.
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by peedicey: 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
Maybe the billing will be done in batches maybe they'll add my line soon
Re: Do Etisalat think at all??? by namelesss: 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
They must find a way to kill a common Nigerian... which kind wahala be this again...

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Upto ₦10,000 With Jumia One Application / Dude, The Iphone 13 Is Coming With 1TB Storage / Itel S23+ Specs Review (inquisitive Universe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.