Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

TECNO Camon 12 Air Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Camon 12 Air Review (1427 Views)

TECNO Camon 12 Air Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Tecno Spark 4 Air Review, Full Specs And Price / Here's The TECNO Camon 12 AIR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by Sainthia: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
The Tecno Camon 12 air is one of the three Camon series released this year, a family that includes the Camon 12 Pro and Camon12. At N42,000 naira and Its one of your cheapest options for a phone with an in-display camera.

DESIGN
This a uniquely designed phone even if you think phones look alike these days and in-display selfie cameras aren’t new. For its users, Camon 12 Pro will stand out, because most phones out there at this price point has some kind of notch which this guy doesn’t.
Its design makes its bezel feel slimmer and close to the edges than most other phones, one very thing I love about this phone is its perfect weight distribution. A phone with 6.55” and 4000mAH battery is expected to feel heavy but, in this case, it feels lighter than my previous phone with the same battery capacity and similar screen size.

DISPLAY
Camon 12 Air has a 1600*720 HD+ display. Ok! before you begin to complain about these numbers, let put the iPhone 11 into perspective, it has a slightly higher resolution HD+ display.
Before someone comes for my head, I am not comparing this to the iPhone for the record. I am only pointing out the fact that extremely overkill resolution displays are no more a thing, these days, its more about building a visually pleasing, bright and non-pixelated display.
All, of which Camon 12 Air has managed to nail despite its price point. Although it doesn’t use the same AMOLED panel from Camon 12 Pro, its IPS display is readable under the sun, the screen is never pixilated, and it's colour production is great.

BATTERY
A lot of people already loving the 4000mAh, but sometimes there is more to battery life than battery capacity. Thank God that’s not the case here coz Camon 12 Air is a two days battery phone for someone like my mum and a full day phone for someone like me.
Camon 12 Air comes with a 10watts of which I’ve seen a lot of people who complain about that charging speed. For the record, A 10watts charger is a fast charger. It may not be as fast as a 25Watts from high-end Samsung’s but it’s still not a regular charging speed.

PERFORMANCE & SOFTWARE
It’s has a Quad-core CPU clocked at 2GHz, it has 3GB RAM, 32GB internal and Android 9 with HiOS 5.5; HiOS 5.5 is smoother and more stable than software skin Tecno has ever dropped, it's quite also incredible how much it keeps apps in memory. It's also great at gaming, I installed PUBG (one of the most GPU intensive games and it handled it without lags...
FPL fans will understand that the PL apps are one of the first apps that get refreshed once you drop your phone, but I am shocked this app hardly ever refreshed on Camon 12 Air. That’s how good multitasking is with this phone.

CAMERAS
On to the camera, the main reason most users are going to consider the phone I the first place, truly it has the Camon blood (if there is any such thing like that) flowing its veins. Overall photos from 12 Air have decent image quality and offer a solid B- camera experience. Its 16MP AI cam can predict various scenes and adjusting the image processing appropriately, assisting its users to take better pictures.

TIME TO WRAP UP
Question is who was the air designed for? And how it meets their needs in relation to price? This is the cheapest version of the Camon 12 Tro, it's designed to meet the needs of those who want the image quality of a Camon phone at their favourable budget. Tecno managed to tie all 5 core smartphone knots for a proper smartphone with Camon 12 Air, and it did so in style.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by bravesoul247(m): 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2019
Very sharp pictures
Re: TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by Chomolina: 7:16am On Dec 23, 2019
Phone is very dope already we know...
Re: TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by Sainthia: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
I love the camera more.
Re: TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by awoo47: 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
xiaomi fans coming to destroy u soon cheesy grin
Re: TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by Mohbola(f): 12:28am On Dec 28, 2019
Not bad
Re: TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by Abiodunspectre(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
The camera is not bad.
Re: TECNO Camon 12 Air Review by Abiodunspectre(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Chomolina:
Phone is very dope already we know...

Yes

(1) (Reply)

Redmi 8 Boot Up Issue / Redmi 8A For Sale / Ios 15 And Device Compatibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.