Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More (43845 Views)

Taxify Driver's 8 Rules For Ladies Before Entering His Car (Photo) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
anything to trend...... liar , why didn't u check the details on ur phone......nonsense and its ingredients

1 Like

Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by Hopebringer: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
Tetragramaton:

Please can you explain the bolded better. The three times I payed an exorbitant price for a distance that I normally ply, i pay 3500-4000 for those trips even with hold up and ended up paying 6k, 7k respectively without hold up. I was sent an email of the receipt but im sure something was not right. I noticed they were always touching their phone. What are they doing? Are they manipulating the fare. They charged me so high for a distance that had no hold up. I really want to know the motive behind always pressing their phone through out the trip. I seriously believe they are manipulating something.

Yes this is what they do. They even have a second app it seems that they also use to trigger fares

I noticed this on occasions when they rip off people
All the passengers noticed that during the trip the driver kept picking up their phone repeatedly and suddenly when they where billed the charges where almost 100% what they normally paid for the same route in the past .

You have to be alert and do not be intimidated or ashamded to demand an explanation on why the sudden hike.

They take advantage 9f the fact that they feel you would be too embarrassed to call them out.

1 Like

Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by Hopebringer: 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
Tetragramaton:

Please can you explain the bolded better. The three times I payed an exorbitant price for a distance that I normally ply, i pay 3500-4000 for those trips even with hold up and ended up paying 6k, 7k respectively without hold up. I was sent an email of the receipt but im sure something was not right. I noticed they were always touching their phone. What are they doing? Are they manipulating the fare. They charged me so high for a distance that had no hold up. I really want to know the motive behind always pressing their phone through out the trip. I seriously believe they are manipulating something.

For instance if you book a trip from Lagos to Abuja (I am using states do you understand I don't know your location)
And in the past you are charged 1
N1,500 for this when you enter a corrupt driver's car while you are enroute the driver oicks his phone.and changes your destination from Lagos to Abuja to Lagos to Egypt now the system recall rates cost on the increased distance or even the driver adds.several stops without your knowing and wait charges , all you notice is the driver keep touching his phone several times during the trip , he adds a wait and resumes the trip then at your destination you are charged an outrageous amount.

Taxify drivers are very notorious and criminals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by Organs(m): 9:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
Naija and our "stupidity". If this were a really smart lady, her intent will be how this guy will stop scamming people, so she will have his name, license plate number and all other details here and reported. But as always, this news without details will spread as dem-say dem-say, while the dude keeps scamming people and taking some to church as tithe.

1 Like

Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by zone51: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2018
thatigboman:
if u are in abuja, try call taxify to the airport, u will receive the shock of your life

I'm accustomed to Uber...if I'm going to airport, I leave earlier and board the common cab to save me cost.
Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by Rajosh(m): 1:21am On Aug 23, 2018
agbonkamen:
Who is a taxifier Pls someone should tell me grin grin grin
a taxifier is someone that taxifies. Any other question should taken home as assignment.
Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by tundeport(m): 3:47am On Aug 23, 2018
That's bad egg among good one,enemy of progress,
Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by boyjo: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2018
Chai! The girl na CID.
Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by Ochima75(m): 12:53am On Aug 29, 2018
You ought to have reported

1 Like

Re: Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More by endureson: 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
sholatech:
Still don't get the trick. The rider also gets notified about the amount to be paid directly by Taxify. You don't just pay what the driver shows you, you also check your trip details sent to you by Taxify.

When will they send U the details?
Most people don't check email. Only card trip that is no problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flying From Abuja To Port Harcourt: Nairalander Observation: Pictures & Video / Man Celebrates His Sixth Accident With No Scratch And Got These Replies (photos) / 2 Female Police Officers Die In Car Crash While On Their Way To Akwa Ibom (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.